Light (Jimina)

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He turned to his side, spread his arm to feel the other side of the bed. Empty. His eyebrows met as soon as he felt that it was empty.

He slowly opened his eyes. He pouted as soon as he proved that what he thought was real. Still, he reached for the night lamp on his side of the bed to even prove it. Yes, he was correct.

He got up from the bed and combed his hair with his fingers. He checked his phone. It was only 1 in the morning.

He walked to the bathroom and washed his face to wake himself up. He suddenly felt nervous. He looked at himself through the mirror. He had a really concerned face on.

His apartment unit was really dark but he still could see things clearly. He walked to the kitchen. Not here. A thought crossed his mind.

He saw her dressing gown by the table in the dining area. He walked to pick it up but saw something else. Seeing it doubled the pace of his heartbeat. It was an open bottle of sleeping pills.

He then rushed to the living room. Not here as well. He was starting to breathe heavily. He was getting more worried by the minute.

It was not the only time he saw a bottle of pills open. The other night, he saw her bottle of anxiety pills empty. But she had assured him that it had been empty for a while now and she just forgot to throw it away.

He trusted her more than anything and anyone in the world so he bought what she said. It wouldn’t stop him from getting worried over her though.

Where could she be? He was thinking hard.

Still holding on to her dressing gown, he walked to the other side of his flat. Light. He finally figured where his light was. His heartbeat settled a bit after seeing the only lit up room in his apartment. It was coming from his work room.

He walked inside as the door was partially open. He sighed. She was standing by his desk, busy playing with the new lego set she had requested from him. She was really ecstatic when he gave that to her.

She loved playing lego and this was one of the ways that helped her with her anxiety issues. He was more than happy that there was something that was keeping her mind occupied.

She was deeply focused so his presence didn’t get her attention. He walked silently to her and placed her dressing gown on her to prevent her from feeling cold.

“You woke up,” she commented after noticing his presence. She was about to look at him but he stopped her as he tilted her body to make it stay, facing the table.

“Don’t mind me, just continue that,” he whispered, she nodded.

As he draped her dressing gown on her body, he held her, traced her arms with his hands and caressed her elbows. He then hugged her from the back. They stayed like that for 10 good minutes. He didn’t mind, he actually liked it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter