Yoonseok 2

Smile Like You Mean It

Tomorrow had come too soon even though the man had woken up late. The adrenaline that Yoongi had the night before had completely evaporated and he couldn’t help to think that maybe he had made a mistake. 

 

Yoongi sits up in his bed to stare at the wall. The anxiety in his stomach was sitting too heavily. He wanted to take back everything he did yesterday. But, he could not be upset for letting his dreams lead him. He was convinced that they always knew what was best for themselves. The anxiety in his stomach was beginning to bloom into the strength he would need to make it through the day.  He rose from his bed, his only sense of comfort. With his newly found determination, he heads to his bathroom to prepare for what he thinks will be a concave of hope. Yoongi knew nothing about the man other than the fact that he was a gangster whom he'd only met because the other man was desperate for shelter and whose name was ironically the one reason he was still going to meet him.  The anxiety began to brew again but his need to accomplish his goal was stronger. 

 

Yoongi quickly showered, towel dried himself, then walked to his room to get dressed. He didn't know where Hope would take him. Yoongi knew that he should care about where he's going but he remembered the name the other man gave him. Princess. He clenched his teeth but his belly was beginning to birth butterflies that spread to his chest. The tips of his ears turned red. He was embarrassed that Hope had found a way to get to him when he should have been tough and stubborn. He would've done it to anyone else. What made the strange gangster any different?  He settled on a pair of black jeans with rips in the knees, a black t-shirt, a black cardigan, and a black baseball cap. You could never go wrong with the color. It was classy but still casual. It was intimidating but so nonchalant. He was in love with it. While Yoongi was finishing clothing his body there was a loud sharp knock on his door. It wasn't even multiple thuds, just one, singular, boom. It startled him. Yoongi slides his socks on and pads to the door. His anxiety from earlier was back. He reaches the door and takes in a deep breath. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hoseok's day had been long. One of his dance studios had caught on fire so he had to spend time finding out if it was accidental or mafia related, his brother had gotten his wife pregnant and was hating himself for it so that meant he spent a lot of time ranting to Hoseok about it, and on top of that Starbucks was somehow out of soy milk so he couldn't get his usual. When he finally arrived at the corporate office building for his dance studios he remembered that he left his key to his office on his dresser and had to wait 10 minutes for security to open the door.  In between his brother's rants and other business calls, he managed to make phone calls to producers so that he could schedule meetings for Yoongi (He knew a lot of men that owed him a lot of favors and today he was going to cash out on one of them.). The thought of the lunch he was going to have with him made the hours pass smoothly. He was drawn to him the minute he slammed the door of the smaller man's apartment. Why? He doesn't know. All he knew was that he wanted to change that man's life. A smile crossed his face just thinking about his "princess", he knows Yoongi hates the name but he believes that when something fits you gotta wear it. 

 

Hoseok had just managed to calm his brother down when an alarm went off on his phone telling him that he needed to leave now to get to Yoongi in time. He hurriedly packed his things and left to his car.  

 

After pulling out the parking lot he sped to where he remembered Yoongi's apartment being. He swerved through traffic and cut off cars to get to his destination. It wasn't like he was going to be late but he wanted to maximize his time with the adorable man. When he pulled up to the apartment he parked his car then ran to the door. That was when the nerves hit him. What if Yoongi changed his mind? Should he have called him first? Hoseok felt like an idiot but he had gone too far to go back. He stood up tall then raised his fist to knock on the door. He only knocked once. One time to show dominance and to not seem desperate. That seemed sensible.   He put his hand behind his back to prevent him from knocking again. Hoseok was thinking about where to take Yoongi for lunch when a voice came from the other side of the door. 

 

"Who is it?" The voice was strong but raspy. It sent chills down Hoseok's back. 

 

"It's me! Hope!" The grin that crossed Hoseok's face was blinding enough to be in competition with the sun. He couldn't hide his excitement to see Yoongi. 

 

The door slowly opened. Yoongi peaked his head out to look the man up and down before he opened the door completely. Hoseok was wearing a light blue dress shirt that was tucked into a slim fitting pair of slacks with a pair of black dress shoes. Yoongi stepped to the side welcoming Hoseok in.  His cologne snuck into Yoongi's nose causing his stomach to tighten. Yoongi cleared his throat to clear his head of the thoughts that ran through it and cover his embarrassment. 

 

"Do you have another name?" Yoongi asked, still standing with the door open.

 

"What?"

 

"Do you have another name? I'm not going to call you Hope the whole time we're together." Yoongi's snarkiness from last night was back and he couldn't be happier. He refused to shrink himself in the man's presence.

 

"It's Hoseok, but if anyone asks you about it Princess my name is Hope. I don't tell just anybody my name. It's too dangerous." Yoongi glared at Hoseok while closing the door.  Hoseok walked over to the couch and threw himself down on it. With a huff, Yoongi crossed his arms and continued to glare at Hoseok. 

 

"You know I don't like that name."  Yoongi said almost growling at the other man in his apartment. 

 

"I know that I said it suits you but I'll make a compromise and call you Prince." Hoseok turned to look at Yoongi with a smirk on his face. It wasn't enough to satisfy Yoongi but it was significantly better than Princess. 

 

" you. I'm going to grab my wallet and phone from my room then we can go." Hoseok should've been upset with the way Yoongi was talking to him but he was already doing things that he usually doesn't do. He shrugged it off and continued to wait. 

 

"Ok. Let's go." Yoongi slid his shoes on then opened the door to wait for him outside. He wanted this to be over quickly before he embarrassed himself. He needed to talk about the career he wanted then come back home. 

 

Hoseok stood up from the couch stretching his arms above his head. He led Yoongi to the black 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia parked across the street. He walked over to the passenger side to open the door for Yoongi, gently ushering the man into his car. 

 

Yoongi was nervous. He knew the man was into some illegal business but he didn't know that he was making enough money to buy such a nice car. He didn't even want to breathe in the vehicle afraid that he would somehow ruin the interior. During his mini anxiety attack, Hoseok had opened the door and started the car. When he pulled out of the parking space he looked over to his passenger.  Yoongi should have been used to this. Afterall, his family was rich, and so were the kids he went to high school with so he'd seen sports cars all the time. He just never rode in one. When Yoongi was chauffeured around his driver never drove sports cars. It was always some big black van that he can never remember the name of. 

 

"Relax Yoongi. What are you so tense for?" Hoseok chuckled. He didn't think the man would be so shocked. 

 

"For the second time, you Hoseok. I've just never ridden in a car like this before but if you provoke me I'll get out and piss all over your seats." Yoongi liked threats. He was good at those and even better at carrying them out. Hoseok was impressed with Yoongi. Anyone else would have been intimidated by him if they knew about his lifestyle but Yoongi was fearless. Hoseok found that kind of gorgeous. 

 

"Ha! That's cute." Hoseok laughed with one hand on the wheel. He had decided on a steakhouse in New Jersey that his friend owned. The drive wouldn't be extremely long but it'd be enough time to get some extra conversation with his new interest.

 

"So Prince, what made you wanna start making music?" Hoseok was genuinely curious. A lot of his underlings wanted to make music at some point for the money but when they joined BTS the pay was good enough for those dreams to be shortlived. 

 

Yoongi's face lit up. Music was his passion. He loved it more than life itself. 

 

"I wanted to make music in high school. It was the only thing that brought me pure joy and listening to it saved me from some rough times. It saved my life and because of that, I wanted to help others with music the same way it helped me. I want to be a part of everything that music is. I want to be in a studio. I want, no need, for my raps to be heard. Music is the reason I breathe and I want to share mine with the world." Yoongi was almost out of breath by the time he finished talking but he could talk about it forever. 

 

"It saved your life huh? I've met a lot of people that wanted to make songs but none of them were as passionate about it as you are." Yoongi was the gift that kept giving to Hoseok. If there was one thing that he loved in a person, it was passion. 

 

"It's a good thing I'm not them then. I'm gonna ask a question now. What exactly do you do?" Yoongi was also genuinely curious. The possibilities of what Hoseok's job could be were biting at his brain and he needed the satisfaction of knowing. 

 

"I own 6 dance studios in New York and I own 5 more in Seoul. Each of them is pretty high ranking and specialize in different types of dance categories. That's just the legal stuff, the illegal stuff you aren't ready to know about yet Prince." Hoseok couldn't just tell a man he just met about the things that he did in the dark even if that man just so happened to hide him from the police. 

 

"What makes you think I'm not ready to know? I'm an adult, I can handle sensitive information?" Yoongi was almost offended but he wasn't sure if he was just being nosey at the point or annoying. Either way, he didn't care and wasn't going to stop until he got what he wanted.

 

"Yoongi. We just met I don't even know if I can trust you with that. You just have to be happy with what you know for now." It was clear that Hoseok wasn't going to budge but before Yoongi could respond valet walked to the car to let Yoongi out in front of the restaurant. 

 

After stepping out of the car Hoseok tossed the young man his keys and walked next to Yoongi to get into the restaurant. The lights inside were low and everyone was talking in quiet voices.  Hoseok walked up to the maître d' with a sense of familiarity that was odd to Yoongi. Hoseok began talking to the woman in a low voice. They talked like this for a while until she nodded her head and stepped from behind the podium she was at. Hoseok turned to wave Yoongi along. Yoongi quickly followed to catch up with the man he was supposed to have lunch with. They were led to a small room that was hidden in the back of the restaurant. The maître d' pulled out their seats then left them with menus.  After taking their seats Yoongi was ready to press Hoseok into giving him more information but Hoseok cut him off.

 

"Ok Yoongi. I usually do business here and that's what we're here for after all so let's get to it. I talked to some of my producer friends and scheduled two meetings for you. They both own labels and agreed to talk with you. One label is BigHit entertainment. It's small but they send out good artists. Another label is Pledis. They're bigger and have more artists but the choice is yours." Yoongi’s cat-like eyes widened. He had heard of both those labels and never even thought that one day he'd be able to work for them. 

 

"That is incredible. How do you even know them?" Yoongi was full of questions today. 

 

"Let's just say they owe me some favors. The first meeting is with BigHit and is next week on Tuesday at 4 pm. The meeting with Pledis is the next day at the same time. They asked me to send some tracks over before then so I'm going to give you my email and have you send them to me when you get home." Hoseok's tone was serious. It was totally different from the one he used the night before and earlier when he teased Yoongi with that God forsaken nickname. Yoongi, on the other hand, was ecstatic. This was his chance to get what he wanted and he wasn't going to miss it. While Hoseok was talking a man had walked into the room and waited by the door until Hoseok was finished talking. When he was the man walked up to the table. 

 

"Hello, Mr. Kim how are you tonight?" Hoseok turned to look at the man then hopped out of his seat to pull him into a hug. 

 

"Cut the formalities, Gabriel! I'm here on business with Yoongi over there. It's so good to see you again man. How are things going?" Yoongi watches the interaction with his eyebrow raised. How was Hoseok able to switch personas so quickly? 

 

"Gabe. This is Yoongi. Yoongi, this is Gabe he's a friend of mine that owns the restaurant. He's the reason we were able to get this room." Hoseok claps Gabriel on the back then sits back down. 

 

"It's nice to meet you Yoongi. Hoseok here is a good guy. Now, what can I get for you tonight? Order whatever you want it's on the house." Hoseok sat across from Yoongi smiling. Yoongi ordered the filet mignon with a smile then zoned out when it was Hoseok's turn to order. That had been awkward and a little unnecessary if you ask Yoongi and the author but after that, it was back to business. After Gabe left the room Yoongi was ready to talk more about his possible record deals.

 

"I can send you the songs now if you want. I keep copies on my phone just in case." Yoongi pulled out his phone to get Hoseok's email to send the songs over. 

 

Lunch went well after that. Hoseok's friend came back with their food quickly then they ate in silence. Yoongi appreciated the quiet. All of the talking was draining him and he needed time to process what the hell was happening to him right now. Yesterday, he was just a man with a dream and today he's man whos dreams are about to come true. When they finished their lunch. They left to go back to Yoongi's apartment. The ride home seemed longer than the ride to New Jersey but there wasn't the constant hum of conversation either but it wasn't bad. 

 

When they pulled up Hoseok opened his door again then walked Yoongi to his door. The butterflies were making their umpteenth appearance in Yoongi's chest. It wasn't a date but Yoongi still really appreciated the meal. When they reach the door Yoongi turns to look Hoseok in his brown eyes. 

 

“Thank you. You didn't have to do this for me. I mean we barely know each other but I really appreciate it. I don't have much to give but I can try. This really means so much to me." Yoongi was going against himself. He started to tear up. He was so close. He was going to prove his parents wrong and it's all because of Hoseok. 

 

Hoseok stepped closer and pulled Yoongi into a hug. His head rested on top of Yoongis. It felt right. He fit perfectly in his arms. Hoseok didn't want to let go but he didn't want to make this weird. His emotions were already all over the place. 

 

"You don't owe me anything right now but I would like to spend more time with you if you don't mind." He had done it. He had ripped the band-aid off. Even if Yoongi didn't join a label he still wanted to see him. 

 

Yoongi released himself from the hug to look up at Hoseok again. There was uncertainty swimming in his eyes but he did say he'd give Hoseok what he wanted. He closes his eyes and nods his head. Hoseok chuckled then walked back to his car. From the driver's seat, he watched Yoongi enter his apartment. He hoped that this would be a trend, leaving Yoongi with the promise of seeing him again. 

 

On the other side of the door, Yoongi was wishing the same thing.