Chapter 2

Smile Like You Mean It

Tomorrow came too soon. After their meeting Namjoon text Jin scheduling a time and place to get together. They agreed to meet at Namjoons apartment to have dinner. The man was excited to see Jin. He had confidence that Jin would love Kookie so instead of sending his son off he let him stay. 

Namjoon had just finished getting dressed when his phone rang. Jungkook was watching some superhero movie in the front room. 

“Hello Mr.Kim you have guest that would like to come up. His name is Kim Seokjin.” Namjoon told the doorman that he could send the man up.  He felt his stomach drop when he realized something. He can’t cook. He invited Jin over for dinner and he can’t even boil water. What in the was he gonna do? There was a series off quick and sharp knocks at his front door. He ran downstairs to open it. 

When he got downstairs Kookie had hopped off the couch to stand behind his father. The boy had already known about the date but that still didn’t mean that he was prepared to welcome a total stranger in his home. There was another knock on the door. Namjoon turned the knob to reveal Jin wearing a pink sweater and jeans. He looked just as beautiful as when Namjoon first saw him. Although yesterday was his first time seeing him he hoped every time he saw him would feel like the first time. The smile on Jin’s face was soft. Namjoon could feel his heart racing. Jin cleared his throat. 

“Can I come in?” Namjoon snapped out of his stupor and nodded. Jin stepped in and slid his shoes off. Jin stood up to smile at him again. Namjoons mouth was dry. Jungkook was still standing behind him and tugged on his pant leg to make his presence known. Namjoon cleared his throat. Where did his confidence go? 

“Jin, this is my son Jungkook. Say hi Kookie.” Jin smiled even wider and Jungkook walked around his father to stand in front of him. Jungkook took his hand out for the older man to shake and grinned. Namjoon felt a warmth spread through his chest. Pride. He had so much when it came to his child. 

“Hello Mr.Jin. My name is Jungkook but everybody calls me Kookie. What’s in your bag?” Namjoon choked on air and his eyes widened. Why is it every time he feels prideful his son does something to shock him? He was afraid that Jungkook offended hopefully his future boyfriend.  Namjoon didn’t even notice that the other man had a bag when he walked in. Jin seemed to be in a more than pleasant mood though and smiled again. 

“Actually, I’m really glad you asked.” Jin opened the bag and pulled out an action figure and handed it to the boy. Jin looks up at Jungkooks father. “I hope you don’t mind I didn’t want to come empty handed and it’s easier to get gifts for kids the adults so…” Namjoon is really starting to believe in love at first sight now. 

“No it’s ok. Perfect actually. Let’s go to the front room.” Jin stands and follows Namjoon to the living room. They all sit down on the couch. Jungkook hits play on his movie and sits his new toy on the table. He’d play with it when IronMan went off. When the movie started up again Namjoon remembered his issue. He cleared his throat  to get the beautiful mans attention. It was now or never. He was embarrassed enough as is. Jin took his attention away from the movie to look at Namjoon.

“I know I invited you over for dinner but I totally forgot that I don’t know how to cook somehow.” Jins eyes widened then he threw his head back in laughter. He leaned forward and wiped his eyes. Namjoon put his head down and looked away. Damn it all to hell. How could he forget something so vital. His neck and face started to turn red but then Jin stood up and grabbed his hand.  Jin dragged him in the direction of what hoped was the kitchen. Not like it was a hard room to find since it’s right next to the front room. Jin turned Namjoon towards him and held both his hands. Namjoon looked up to make eye contact with the other, his blush still sitting on his face. Jin smiled so wide his eyes shut. He let out a small chuckle that eased Namjoon’s raging (and embarassed) soul. 

“Luckily for you, I can cook. Please tell me that you at least bought food.” Namjoon wants to scream and jump for joy. He wasn’t that much of an idiot. He did go grocery shopping earlier and bought some things that he thought would make sense. He thought about making an attempt to cook but for his and his sons safety he didn’t. Love makes people do strange things and prevents them from thinking things all the way through (like our boy Namjoon for example). Namjoon nodded his head.Jin walked to the fridge to see what he could use to make for dinner. Namjoon had bought all the ingredients you could use to make japchae because he was homesick. Next, Jin grabbed seasonings out of the cabinet and began to prepare the food. Namjoon leaned back on the counter with his arms crossed on his chest. He was thinking of things to ask because there was so much he wanted to know about the man. Jungkook wasn’t use to commotion coming from the kitchen since his dad doesn’t cook. The little boy walks in to see what’s going on. He sees Jin standing over the stove and goes to stand next to him. Jin pauses and looks down at the younger.

“Hey Kookie. What’s up?” He smiles. Jungkook’s eyes are so round and cute Jin can’t help but smile at him 

“You know how to cook? What’re you making? Is it gonna be good? My dad doesn’t cook because he might set the house on fire.” Namjoons embarrassment comes back. Jin laughs loudly. He already loved Jungkook. He was hoping that things could only go up from here. 

“Well, I’ve been cooking for a long time. Today I’m making Japchae because that’s what your dad bough ingredients for. I hope you like it.” Jungkook excitingly nods his head. His grandma makes japchae for him when he goes to visit her in Korea. Namjoon was happy that his son came in the kitchen. He was comfortable in the silence but he really wanted to say something he just didn’t know what. When dinner was finished both of the men set up plates on the counter. Jin served Kookie and Namjoon the himself. 

“Jin I know I haven’t said a lot today but I really like you. I like you even more now that I  know you can cook. Is there anything you can’t do?” Namjoon felt bold. He liked how gentle Jin was with his son. Things were moving really fast but neither of them seemed to want to stop

“I can’t snap.” Jungkook gasps loudly. He knew how to snap and was surprised that someone older and bigger than him couldn’t do it.

“I’m gonna teach you how to snap Jin because I know how to snap so you should do.” Jungkooks logic may have been a little flawed but it made sense to him and that’s all that matters. Everyone around the table laughed. Jin loved how domestic he felt. He wouldn’t mind doing this everyday if he got to do it with people like Namjoon and Kookie. Jin smiles and looks at Namjoon. He had felt light since he arrived to the mans apartment. He never fell for someone so quickly but he wasn’t scared.

“Joonie…Is it ok if I call you that? I really like you too and I like you Kookie. You’re such a sweet kid.” Jungkook grins widely with his mouth full of noodles. Namjoon choked again. Jin could call him anythingng and he would still feel his heart pound. So much for that confidence right? Jin ran over to pat him on the back while he coughed. When Namjoons fit was over he brought Jin into a hug. His heart burned but it felt good to him. Jin wrapped his arms around Namjoons shoulders and kissed the top of his head. He couldn’t help himself. While this was happening Jungkook had finished his food and ran back to the front to play with his new action figure. Namjoon picked his head and pulled Jin between his legs. 

“So you kiss on the first date?” Namjoon asked.

“Not typically but I’ll make an exception for you.” Jin replied. 

Namjoon cupped the gorgeous mans face in his hand and pulled him so close their breaths mingled. Jin closed his eyes and closed the distance. When their lips touched a fire spread through both of them. Jin had such soft lips and they fit against Namjoon perfectly. When they pulled away they were both blushing and breathing heavy. Namjoon smiled revealing his dimple to the other. 

“You should come over more often.” Namjoon breathed out. He still didn’t know anything about the man but he was willing to spend all of his days finding out. Jin laughed softly nodding his head. 

“I actually need to go. I  have to go make sure that my house is in one piece.” Jin didn’t really want to leave. Although Jimin and Tae were grown men they still needed supervision. 

“Why wouldn’t it be?” 

“I have two roommates who are more like children than they are adults.” Namjoon sighs and pulls Jin closer to kiss him again. 

“Text me when you get home.” Jin loved the way Namjoon made him felt and it had only been a day. Jin promises to text the man in his arms before he pulls away. Namjoon gets up to walk him to the door. Jin gives Jungkook a hug then goes to put on his shoes and coat. The couple says their goodbyes to each other When Namjoon closes the door his smile is so big his face hurts.

He goes to sit next to Kookie on the floor to watch him play.

“So…Kook. What do you think of Jin?” Jungkook’s head snap up.

“I like him. He’s a little weird though because he can’t snap.” The boy mumbles.

 

Later that night Namjoons phone dings.


Jin: Hey, I’m just texting to let you know I’m home. Thanks for tonight I really enjoyed myself. 

Namjoon rolls over to scream into his pillows. He felt like a teenager with a crush.

Namjoon: Good! I had a lot of fun too. I can’t wait to take you to the party with me next week. 

Jins pulse picked up. Why are such basic words making him feel so amazing?
The two text each other until the early morning, disregarding whatever schedules they had for the next day.


They couldn’t wait to see each other again.