The Arrival

For 10 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In about two hours, the van stopped right opposite to the BigHit entertainment building. Thankfully, I was able to communicate formally with PD-nim – can I call him that yet? - during the drive. The managers seemed really kind, no wonder there are many videos about BTS's interaction with the staff! I stepped out of the van with my bag, quietly following the managers while internally screaming my heart out. I was going to meet my inspiration; my dream would come true!

As I stepped inside, I couldn't help but admire the view. Everything seemed so organised and tidy, it was perfect in every way.

"Before we head inside, why don't you go and freshen up? The washroom is to your left. Take your time. Oh, and welcome to BigHit.", Bang Sihyuk-ssi flashed me a smile. I smiled back for a second before in a deep breath and heading to the washroom.

"Omo, I can't believe it! Ah, I made it! I'm here at BigHit! Ah, I'm gonna explode!", I squealed with delight as I splashed a handful of water onto my face. Even the washroom was neat, everything felt like a dream. And I hoped that the dream would last forever. Making my way out of the washroom, I went back to where I was with the other managers, and I spotted one of the doors open. Slowly peeking my head in, I noticed that my bag was kept inside, Bang Sihyuk-ssi was there along with a few other stylists and makeup artists.

"G-Good evening...", I shyly said as I stepped in.

Once again, PD-nim – I think I can call him that now - smiled at me before walking towards the door, "Well then, Jihee-ssi. Make yourself comfortable, I hope you get along well. They'll give you a basic introduction on what goes on in here, and hopefully you'll find it helpful. Take care, then!" And with that, he left the room.

I nodded and turned back to look at the others. I have to admit, they seemed genuinely kind and caring. "Hi... Umm, I'm Jihee. Cho Jihee. And, umm... I'm twenty-one years old, probably the youngest- I mean- Not that you all are old! I-I just wanted to say that I might be the youngest here- N-No offence, really! Ugh, mianhae..."

"Haha, you're funny! Don't worry, Jihee-ssi! We never take silly stuff too seriously! That's our first rule, to be friendly and nice with everyone, no arguments, no competition, only cooperation and teamwork!", one of the unnie-deul exclaimed, and that made me smile.

Maybe I'll get along well! For once, I was not thinking about BTS, but only thought of the beautiful and soft-hearted team in front of me. One by one, they introduced themselves, talked about their strengths and weaknesses, and how good their makeup skills are. I did the same, and we continued talking for almost an hour, I suppose. I mingled the best with one of the unnie-deul named Nae Eunsong. She was the second youngest, twenty-seven years old, only a month older than my unnie who's obviously also twenty-seven. She took me to her room, which I had to share with her. She even helped me unpack and organise my stuff. Damn, she was super helpful!

"Oh, I love this purse of yours, Jihee! Very fancy, very fancy!", she complimented one of my favourite accessories.

"Ah, jinjja? Oh, yes, this purse was designed by Jisoo-unnie! It was my birthday gift! Isn't it just perfectly colourful?", I replied.

With that, we continued talking about our lives for another ten minutes, before Eunsong-unnie told me a few rules that they follow, as well as a quick glimpse and idea of the fashion plans for the tour. Ah, I still couldn't believe it! I was in BigHit, working with the makeup artists, just a few rooms away from BTS! Omo, I had to thank Jisoo-unnie once again for this wonderful opportunity. Let's just say that this day was not too exciting but not too boring either. Eunsong-unnie and I talked for longer, but I made sure not to spill anything about me being a huge fan, because I didn't want to cause a problem. I was pretty sure that BigHit wouldn't allow fans to work with them, it would be a distraction, and a matter of invading their privacy. Omo, was I invading their privacy? Was I being a problem? Ah, I don't want to be a problem for BigHit! Alright, I need to calm down. I just need to pretend to not be an ARMY, that'll do!

After half an hour, Eunsong-unnie and I were preparing for sleep. I wanted to contact my family, so I had a quick call with eomma and appa, and I had a little fun talk with Jisoo-unnie. I wanted to chat with Soomi, my best friend, but Eunsong-unnie suggested I should ask permission first.

"Mianhae, but you need everyone's trust before you have any contact. When I first joined, I wasn't allowed to have any contact with my parents for the first few days. PD-nim was worried that I would spread confidential and private information about BigHit, he thought it was a disturbance to their privacy. They didn't want any of the staff members to post pictures or do anything that would hint to the inner circle of BigHit entertainment. So, the fact that you've contacted your family is already a form of disobeying the rules, but since you didn't know, I'll let it pass this time. You can talk with whoever you want to, but only after seeking permission from PD-nim or any other manager.", Eunsong-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter