Precious Pt.2

One Life with Him [JJK]

 

 

 

“Hello, can I know where Park Hana is?”

Your heart almost jumps out from your chest when you caught a figure at the corner of your eyes. You gazed slowly and it’s confirmed. It is Jeon Jungkook. Oh my, how can he be very attractive just by slightly poking his head through the door?

And wait, did he just said your name?

“She’s here, sunbae,” His gaze connected with yours and you can’t be more flustered.

“Can I meet you for a second?” You shot up from your seat, slightly running towards the door.

After all this while, finally you’re standing in front of him. Jeon Jungkook is looking at you. God, is this heaven?

“Here,” You gasped at the sight of your sketchbook in his hold. Without sparing any second, you snatched it from him. He clearly has taken aback by your reaction. You noticed how he froze like a statue so you just fake a cough.

“Sorry, sunbae. H-How did you find this??” You tried to avoid his gaze by staring at the floor.

“The floor can’t give you the answer,” With that, you nervously pushed your head upwards and met his eyes. His dreamy eyes, gosh.

“You’re pretty clumsy, aren’t you?”

“Pardon?”

“Nothing. Anyway, got to go so… take care,” Jungkook flashed a small angelic smile as he bid his goodbye.

Butterflies were flying vigorously in your stomach after that sudden ‘attack’ from Jungkook. You gaze fell on your simple yet elegant covered sketchbook.

'He didn’t look at the inside. Please tell me he didn’t,' You prayed desperately in your mind.

XXXXX

“Thank you, sir!” Each one of you bowed in unison towards your taekwondo instructor. He just smiles as a reply and walked away. Everyone instantly moves to pack their things up and get change. You stepped to the punching bag, getting ready in some sort of stance instead.

“Hey, not going home?” You caught a voice. You shook your head and turned to her.

“Just go first. I’ll go soon, okay. Just leave the keys in my bag,” Taemi nodded short and did as you said. Soon, the gym was left with no one except you.

“Hiyargh!” Those shouts filled the gym once again. You kept punching and kicking the punching bag as if there’s no tomorrow. You’re not sure what’s got into you but you really went all out with each of the moves.

You paused abruptly when you heard your phone ringing.

“Oi, Amy. What’s up?”

‘Can you help me?’

“That’s new,”

‘Come on, I left my physics notebook. We have test tomorrow, remember?’

“Physics… Why should I help you? This is my chance to bring you down,”

‘YAH!’

“Fine! Why so serious? I’ll stop by your house,”

‘Thanks!! Virtual flying kiss?’

“No thanks. Save for Namjoon sunbae,”

‘AISH, YAHHHHHH’

*toot*

XXXXX

“Is this school always this spooky in the evening?” You spoke to yourself. You haven’t spot even one person in your journey from the gym towards your classroom.

Your surrounding was totally in peace and quiet until your hearing caught sounds of footsteps. Not so clear but you still can sense someone is coming.

Being a big fan of horror movies, some horror scenes played by it selves in your mind. A figure with unknown face that you have never seen before, light reflected by a sharp object in his hold, was stepping it way nearer. You chuckled at your silliness while keeping it cool and steady.

You really want to distract yourself from the scary environment so you stuck your hand into your pocket and pulled out your phone. Swiping through the apps without any proper intention, you kept walking through the empty hallway. Sunlight shot through the window, shining your way.

After a while, those footsteps stopped. You heard sound of door cracking, as if someone opened and closed it. You’re pretty sure where it came from so you decided to go check it out. Curiosity kills the cat, huh? You won’t buy it.

As you turned at the corner, you saw the lamp from that particular room was still switched on. You gathered your courage to go there. You grabbed the door knob, praying that you won’t see anything unbelievable.

You twisted it and stepped inside. Well, your pray was granted, half of it. Because a sight of Jeon Jungkook sitting behind a painting stand filled your vision.

You always admired how Jungkook working on his work. It’s just so calming to see him smiling from time to time as he’s moving those delicate hands of his. How he furrowed his eyebrows while focusing on his drawing can make your mind go blank.

Somehow he didn’t notice your presence so you just left the door as it was and stepped nearer. You eyed his back, sometimes tiptoeing to your side, trying to steal a look on his drawing. Your mind clicked when you noticed that he’s been working on that for awhile. Even Jungkook’s friends were forbidden to see the work. He always kept it covered.

“DONE!!!!” That sudden shout caused you to trip few steps to your back and,

“WOAH!” You fell dramatically on the floor. It was totally painful but it was nothing to compared how embarrass you feel as Jungkook turned to his back, staring at you in that shameful situation.

“Why is this happening…..” You muttered softly.

Instantly, he shot up from his seat, handing you some help. As soon as you stand up, somehow he looks shocked when he saw your face and quickly grabbed white cloth on the rack. Unfortunately, your eyes were faster. Your gaze shot against his drawing and you can never be this surprised and dumbfounded.

Sunbae… Is that….?” You glanced at Jungkook’s expression and back to the drawing few times before you fixed your eyes on Jungkook. Jungkook looked away while stepping few steps further from you.

“This is… I’m sure it’s... or not? But… its looks like… or Am I wrong?” Those words escaped your lips bluntly. Jungkook was still keeping his lips tight as if someone has put super glue on it. Say something for god sake! This is awkward as hell!

“Why would you draw me, sunbae?” Your real question came out at last. Your courage gathered slowly as you headed to Jungkook. Being super short as you are, you looked up straight into his eyes.

“Answer me, please?” You said almost pleading. You don’t want to get wrong idea about this so you need a definite answer. Jungkook inhaled a super deep breath and let it out. It looks like he gained his confidence back.

“Why would you draw me then?” You gasped at his question. So he did looks into your sketchbook. You’re doomed, Park Hana. You can just jump out of the window if you’re insane.

You move to your back, adding the gap between both of you. Your eye pupils started to shake. Your heartbeat increased rapidly and you felt like your entire blood rose up to your face. Jungkook’s shy smile doesn’t give you any chance to breathe normally.

“I guess we have the same answer for that question,” We what?!?!?! Is this a dream?

“Wait!” You shouted out. Your voice dramatically echoed throughout the room.

“So are you saying that you… you like me?” You received a timid nod from him. You saw his ears turning red. He must be serious.

“So.. you do.. But why? I’m… You like skinny girls, right?! A mature, smart, healthy, pretty girl… I’m absolutely not one of those! My friends are way more beautiful than me. You’re always with pretty sunbaes so why me? I’m just fat and not smart. Even the boys always said that I looked horrible and so on. I can’t even take care of my skin. I’m bad at dressing up and makeup. Pretty? Not a chance. What I know is I’m an ugly girl with big thighs. So... why? Why? W-,”

You can’t even finish your sentence. Before you can even realize, your lips was forced to shut.

By his lips.

You can’t help but to froze at his sudden kiss. His big palms were holding your jaw, keeping you still. You can feel his tender and soft lips grazing against yours. Slowly, he let go of your face and pulled back while gazing into your eyes.

“My first kiss…” Jungkook sighed at your words.

“I’m sorry but I just can’t hold myself. You’ve been blabbering about the boys talking about your appearance so I thought like, wait a minute. Why should you care what they think of you? When you’re all alone by yourself, do you like you?”

Tears started to form in your eyes. He’s right…. You don’t like yourself. That’s why you’re doing everything you can to grab his attention.

“Big thighs you said? That’s because your taekwondo routines, right? That’s super cool in my eyes. I’ve done taekwondo. I know how cool it is if a girl practices taekwondo. On top of that, I’ve saw you practicing. It’s amazing,”

“Are you being serious right now….?” Your little mumbles caused Jungkook to chuckles.

“What else must I do so you can believe in me?” He questioned. You bite your lips while wandering your eyes.

“If you do like me… what else do you like about me?”

Jungkook cocked his eyebrow, smirking slightly. “We’ll have to spend the night if you really want to know,” Your face instantly flushed by that.

“Just kidding. I like EVERYTHING about you. Who cares if you’re not pretty? I can list out hundreds of your charms! You’re very talented. You’re a hardworking person. You’re quite sensitive, that’s why you care about the others. How do I know all of this? I’ve been watching you since you joined this club!”

Your eyes widened and your lips naturally gaped apart. Seriously?

“I know you like me for a long time. I saw you’re running every evening because I live in your neighborhood. I saw you frequently skipped lunch because I always walk past your classroom. I saw you suddenly, out of your habits, wore makeup when I met you since I need to return your sketchbook,”

You can’t hold your tears anymore. You let it burst and flowed through your rosy cheeks. Jungkook’s serious face faded and replaced by his warm smile. He held your face once again, wiping your tears with his thumbs.

“You don’t have to try so hard, Hana. It hurts me even though you never show it directly to me. You don’t have to give it all away. You just have to chin up and get up, be more confidence with yourself. You don’t have to change a single thing because I like your current self,”

Jungkook surrounded his arms around your small frame and hugged you. His warmness, you can felt how sincere he’s being at the moment. You looked upfront and saw the sky was getting darker

“You don’t have to try at all. You’re very precious to me. Precious in every way you are,”

You cried as hard as you can. You grabbed his jacket and balled your fist. Jungkook just patted your back while caressing your hair as soft as he can. You can’t believe that your long time crush, Jeon Jungkook liking you and accepting you without any condition. Everything about him are already precious to you.

XXXXX

“Tadaaa!” You opened your eyes after he dragged you all the way to the Arts Club’s room with covered eyes. A wide smile plastered on your face at the sight of his drawing neatly placed in a very well made frame.

You grazed your fingers along the frame, down to the portrait of you, sitting down beside the school field, drinking canned mocha. How he portrayed every detail of your face and body were flawless. Your hair that was blown by the wind was drawn beautifully. His skills were never failed to amuse you.

“Why did you draw this anyway? Don’t say because I drew you,” Jungkook showed his bunny smile and nodded.

“Mostly because of that. Your sketchbook filled with my portraits so I just thought that it won’t hurt to have this done and give it to you as our day-1 gift,” You blinked at his last phrase. You quickly turned to your back, facing him

“So you already planned to confess yesterday? It was all planned?!”

“N-no! You’re the one who just went into this room yesterday. My surprise was ruined okay,” Jungkook pouted as a sign of protest.

“I’m… sorry??” You’re not very sure if you should apologize. Jungkook just cleared his throat and keep his stern face.

“If you’re sorry, buy me snacks,”

“But you’re the sunbae!”

“Nu-uh, not count. I’m your boyfriend now!”

“Woah, what a lovely dovey couple we have here!” Both of you turned to the door in unison. You shocked when you saw Taehyung and Yoonji walking in holding hands.

“Without my help, you won’t know if this cutie likes you. I should have some credit!” Taehyung slung his hands around Jungkook. Jungkook snorted at his words.

“How you know that I…” You suddenly asked. Taehyung just pointed at his girlfriend, Yoonji.

“Oh.. Sorry, Hana. I just thought that Jungkook should know,” Yoonji said in timid manner. You tilted your head to your side.

“And how did you know?” Yoonji smiled and pointed outside.

“Those friends of yours told me. They know that Taehyung and Jungkook are best buddies. So… yeah,” You looked at the window and spotted Amy and Jessie standing there, waving like there’s no tomorrow.

“Aish…” You cursed under your breath.

“ANYWAY. Our reputations as goals couple would be in danger, don’t you think?” Taehyung said while smirking towards Jungkook.

“Just wait and see. Who knows my precious girlfriend and me will grab it, right Hana?” Jungkook looked at you while smirking also.

You awkwardly laughed at Jungkook’s words. This kid-like sunbae. How precious he can be?

 

(END)

 

Author's note
I hope that you realise that you're VERY beautiful as you are. If you do want to improve yourself, do it for yourself, not to satisfy other people. Live happily and always be grateful! Anyway, tell me what you think down below. Thanks for reading and love you, my Precious!!

-Hana-