Want To Love Pt. 1

One Life with Him [JJK]

Title : Want To Love Pt. 1
Characters : You as Park Hana X Jeon Jungkook
Genre : Fluff
OST : Want To Love by Melomance

"I don't want to hurt anyone..."


You threw my gaze towards the shimmering river. The wind grazed your face softly, sending shivers that refreshed your entire body. It’s been a long time since you came here. You love it here, a lot. Han River witnessed your first date with him.

“Hana yah!” You instantly turned towards your side and a big smile carved on your face. He’s here. He’s wearing his oversized t-shirt paired with skinny ripped jeans. Of course, never leaves his beanie behind. He took a sit beside you on the mat with checkered pattern.

“Hey, Jungkook,” Jungkook froze for second before his face turned very serious.

“I told you, it’s ‘oppa’ for you,” You wanted to laugh but since he looks so serious, you replied,

“You’re not mature enough,” Your words always hit the bull’s eye. He pouted, showing his ‘anger’. You noticed it right away.

“You think I would fell for that face? It’s up to you. I’ll finish all of this alone,” Before you can even open the picnic basket, he grabbed your wrist with his veiny arm. You looked up on him with puzzled face. Before you realize, he pulled you into his embrace.

“I miss you…” Your hard expression softened. Naturally, you surrounded your tiny arms around his torso.

“Me too,” You breathed in his soft scented cologne and closed your eyes. You miss his hugs, his warmness. You could hear his heart beating in a calm rhythm.

“Hey,”

Hmm?”

“Let’s eat,” You heard his whisper followed by growling sounds. You rolled your eyes. He always ruins the mood.

*****

 “Hey, look at them,” You followed Jungkook’s gaze while munching on your kimbap. You spotted a high school couple taking selfie by the river.  You put on a small smile.

“I miss wearing those uniforms. It’s only been a week since I stopped wearing it,” Jungkook glared to you.

“Because of that uniform, I need to survive few months without you. You know how it feels when Taehyung kept bragging about his lovey dovey date with Yoonji noona? I swear to god if you didn’t ace the college entrance exam, I’m gonna lock you up in my room as a payback,” You almost chocked. Jungkook snorted hard as he literally ate the kimbap like a shark enjoying its victim.

“Hey, because of that uniform, we met for the first time,” You said to calm your furious boyfriend down. Jungkook acted as if he was hit by a lightning. You tilted your head to the side at his reaction.

“What’s wrong? We met at the Arts Club right? I’m very sure we’re wearing the uniform,”

“Ah right, you didn’t know,” His words brought you deeper into confusion. You put down your kimbap back on the plate and fixed your focus on Jungkook.

“Hey, tell me,” You looked into his beautiful eyes. He breathed out and stared at you.

“Alright,”

FLASHBACKS

“Really? You don’t want to join us? I’m sure you’ll get a girlfriend right away,”

“He’s right! Those girls are damn beautiful!”

“I’m very sure. Just get lost,” Jungkook kicked his friends out of his room. They went away with hectic situation. The noises stayed for few seconds before Jungkook can finally listening to his song playlist in peace.

“What’s the point of dating anyways?” He muttered those words in silence while gazing towards his computer screen. The game loaded and Jungkook got into his own world right away.

Minutes passed, followed by hours. Apparently he spent almost four hours controlling his favorite character in the imaginary war.

Without him knowing, his headphone was snatched away and the sound effects from the game replaced by that high scream. Jungkook blinked few times as ‘DEFEATED’ appeared on the screen. He in his breath very deeply while suppressing his anger.

“Taehyung.. I almost break your record,” Jungkook took a wild guess about who’s that someone is and he’s right.

“I know. I’m protecting my victory. You’re still lower than me, hah!” Jungkook gritted his teeth at Taehyung words. Taehyung showed his famous rectangular smile as he stepped his way towards Jungkook’s bed. Jungkook admitted his defeat. He then shut down his computer before he joined Taehyung.

“Why won’t you tag along?” Taehyung asked and replied by Jungkook’s sigh.

“You know I hate those kinds of meetings. Why would I waste my emotions to handle with complicated humans?” Taehyung sat up slightly by supporting his body with his elbow. He faced Jungkook.

“You’re saying like you’re a simple human. Let me tell you. Your reasons not to date are WAY more complicated than my calculus homework,” Taehyung’s stare met Jungkook’s.

“What’s so complicated? There are so many things to do than focusing on love. It’s useless,” Jungkook’s theory brought Taehyung to sigh and back to his laying position.

“Look, I’m telling the truth. Let’s say I got a girl. It’s not like if I pour everything on love instead of enjoying my school life, I’ll get happiness for the rest of my life. We’ll break up anyway in the end. Then nothing will be left,” Jungkook let out his thoughts while Taehyung just kept his lips shut. Taehyung understood that part very well.

“Yah, from love you get happiness, idiot,” Jungkook can’t help but to agree with that one. Jungkook turned his back on Taehyung.

“I just.. Don’t want to hurt anybody’s heart or mine,” The silence controlled the room after Jungkook’s done his talking. Taehyung let his best friend drowned in his own thoughts.

*****

“Why would I help you?” Jungkook took a glance on the encyclopedia on his desk. He can’t figure out the reason why Taehyung leave it in his room.

'Because I’ll treat you,' A smirk plastered on his handsome face.

“Okay, call. For a week straight. No objection,” Jungkook hung up the call right away. He silently praised himself for getting a free lunch for this week. Money money money ~

He grabbed the big and heavy encyclopedia before shoving it into his black simple backpack. Wearing his casual attire plus his mask and hat, he sauntered out from his room. People would think he’s a celebrity because he covered almost his entire face.

After 15 minutes on the bus, Jungkook finally arrived in front of a public library in the town. Being a first timer, his eyes wandered all over the place to find the counter. As he stepped in front of the counter, the lady was busy talking on the phone.

“Erm.. I want to return an ency-,”

“Oh, welcome. I’m so sorry. I’m so occupied at the moment, I can’t help you. You can get another librarian to assist you. She’s right over there,”

Jungkook nodded timidly but in fact, he’s questioning himself why must he go through all of these troubles just to help that lazy boy. He changed his mind set to a positive thinking and headed to the librarian. The first thing he thought was, ‘They take middle school student as a part timer?’

Jungkook smirked as the librarian struggling to tip toe just to put a book at the top shelf. He could even heard her silent cry, showed her overwhelming effort to get her job done. Jungkook stepped his way nearer and kept eyeing the librarian girl.

 

[TO BE CONTINUED]