Spin Off-! School Trip

Faded Facade

A/N: First of all this chapter is not going to focus on woogyu, and it doesn’t correlate with any previous chapter- I know I should’ve post it separately but but I already have quite a lot of unfinished story u.u

Please give it a try! Our little Donghyunie will be the main character~!^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Our elephant friends~ next week we are going to have a field trip to the zoo-“

Seonsaengnim! Are there auumm??”

“Jangjun-ah. It’s lion not aum.”

Seonsaengnim seonsaengnim, I want to go see rhainou!!”

“Joochanie, it’s rhino not rhainou! Donghyunie told you many times already!”

The situation in elephant-class is a little bit out of control, Min seonsaengnim just announced that the class is going to go on a fieldtrip to the zoo, without even having the chance to finish her sentence, the kids are already ‘too excited’ and voice out their questions. At some point, even a question as absurd as ‘will they be swimming with crocodiles’ come out from one of the student.

Amidst those excited young people, stood our little Donghyunie who is still confused why Joochan can’t pronounce rhino properly. Yes, our little man is one of the members of the elephant class; the kindergarten divides the class in animal’s name. Those aged 2-3 belong to chick and butterfly class, while the older kids aged 4-5 belong to elephant and giraffe class. It will be the last field trip for the elephant and giraffe kids, since they are going to go to elementary school next year.

After a while, the teacher managed to get the kids to calm down and sit in a circle around her, what an amazing skill that only kindergarten teachers have. Although Jaehyunie still looks confused and Jibeomie is still trying to make a better lion’s roar than jangjun, it is still an amicable accomplishment.

“We are going to need permissions from your parents~! Now take this paper and make sure to give it as soon as you get home, arraci?”

“Ne! Ne! Seonsaengnim!” the class answered in unison, which sound really beautiful and leaving the teacher in desperate hope that it will not be a one-time thing.

-oOo-

Ah... a zoo?? How nice-! Our school conduct fieldtrips to colossal places, the best we ever got is a trip to an ice cream factory.”

“Sunggyu, you are a high school student.”

High school students can’t have fun?”

“samcheon, can I go??”

Realising that the attention is no longer on him, Donghyun decides to ask his question again as he waves the activity permit in front of his uncle’s face.

Sunggyu still can’t get over the fact of how unfair his life is, Woohyun decides to let that childish side of his student be and bring back his focus to his nephew. He reads through the itinerary and reminders, taking down the important notes especially the contact information.

“Donghyunie, this trip sounds amazing, I bet you are going to need a lot of snacks to bring and share with your friends, Sunggyu hyung here will accompany you to buy them.”

Sunggyu gasps in disbelief, he hates, no, he detests grocery shopping, and here comes Nam seonsaengnim shoving his little nephew to do it with him.

Woohyun smirks when Sunggyu’s whines about ‘how the world is extremely unfair stopped’, serves you right big baby.

-oOo-

“Okay kids! Please line up in two lines~ the first one to stand in front of seonsaengnim will get the ‘good job’ sticker!”

The kids immediately run to stand in front of the teachers, squeals of excitement can be heard from here and there.

“NO. Bominie wants to stand here...”

Choi Bomin is a new transfer kid in elephant class, and Donghyun was his first ever friend in the kindergarten, so he has been following Donghyun everywhere like a lost kitten. Joochan, the self-proclaimed best friend of Donghyun also accept the kid as their new friend, he adores Bomin so much as Bomin is the youngest kid of elephant class. Moreover, Joochan secretly takes pride in being the older brother, which, is until today. Donghyun and Joochan is the inseparable pair on every school trip, they would hold hands together, stand in one line, eat their lunch together, and sit in the bus together.

“Bominie, Donghyunie already stand in line, seonsaengnim will be mad if Donghyunie changes line, we will sit together in the bus later on, now Bominie go back eum??” Donghyun tries to reason out and get Bomin to go back to his line. It’s not like he can move even if he wants to, since a giant sloth named Joochanie is sticking himself like glue on Donghyun’s back, restricting his movement in a bear hug.

“What- Donghyunie no- Joochan didn’t get to finish expressing his disatisfaction about what he just heard since the teachers have started to get the line to move along towards their school bus.

From afar we can see Bomin skipping his way towards the bus as he thinks about his seatmate later, while Joochan is sulking as he hugs Donghyun tighter.

Ugh, Joochanie let me go Donghyunie can’t walk!”

The pout on Joochan’s lips just get longer.

The competition is on; Joochan is not going to let that giant baby Bominie snatch his best friend Donghyun from him.

 

 

Cookie 1

This is not what he had in mind. Joochan has planned it perfectly; he is prepared to whine non-stop to get to sit beside Donghyun on his way back home.

How. On. Earth. Did. He. End. Up. Sitting. With. Bomin. Instead.

Earlier that day, when the kids are busy trying to name as many animals as they can, the group of 3, BoHyunChan ran into someone. And apparently, that someone is their senior that graduated last year from their very own elephant class.

Ugh, if not for Daeyeol hyung, Donghyunie would have sat with me now.”

The Lee family is visiting the zoo on the same day as our elephant and giraffe friends, and Donghyun immediately stick with his Daeyeol hyung that he hasn’t meet for a while. It was quite a fuss but after a simple call from Min Seonsaengnim, Donghyun goes home with the Lee Family instead.

Suddenly he felt a tug on his sleeve,

“Joochanie, Bominie sleepy, hug.”

Guess what they say about rivals make a decent friend is not wrong, and that’s how the competition between Bomin and Joochan ends.

 

 

P.S: honestly speaking I didn't know whether I will continue writing this or not, I would love to, but recently I had a personal problem that is closely related to woogyu so it's been hard for me to write about them... But worry not! even if it takes years I will finish this story since this is my first baby, I hope people would still read it~

P.S.S: anyway, who do you think is the most suitable to take the leader position now that sunggyu enlisted?? Even if our leader gyu said it himself that it'd be woohyun but I honestly think sungjong is acting more like a leader XD