P.E. Class

Faded Facade

Kirin school focuses more on developing skills and talents, thus the ‘in class’ study time only last until lunch, after that students are free to use the facilitation provided, such as pools, fields, practice rooms and labs. Even though it is organised that way, just like any other school, it will also assess you academically, therefore the pressure on the student selection process is greater. There are students who work hard, but some are lucky enough to just pass the classes while the remaining are just geniuses.

The requirement to be promoted to the next grade is different from any other school, as a school who takes pride in producing talented young individuals, academic scores are just complimentary. Despite treated with such leniency academically, it has one stated rule-

‘Final exam is mandatory and those who wish to be promoted must pass all examinations’

That is done in order to maintain the school’s reputation, they don’t want to take the risk of being known as a school whose students are just a bunch of kids who can’t study. And they have to ensure that their students can compete with other students who came from normal schools during university entrance exam. Although some genius morons still get their way in school without the need to study, such as Kim Sunggyu.

Kim Sunggyu still need to take math, physics, business, and any other subject that he chooses in the beginning of the year, while some are elective, most of them are mandatory. But no, the hectic schedule he has is not something that would hinder him in achieving the best of the best. In fact, he was a model student during his first year, expected from such perfectionist. So, he does have his own very personal reason to behave like now, and no one knows the reason why except maybe his family and his best friend who decided that today is the right day to show up at school, Kim Myungsoo.

“So, there is this guy who keeps on showing his idiot smile to you and that annoys you so much to the point that you decided to come to classes?”

“I can’t help it, he is everywhere, I mean- the fact that I can see him and he can see me at least once a day makes him, everywhere.” Sunggyu sighs as he places his head on the table. The class is now empty, if you exclude the two of them.

It’s been 4 days since Nam seonsaengnim officially become a teacher in Kirin High School, and on this very fourth day, Sunggyu has P.E. class. Right after recess. Which makes him lose the appetite to eat, or if you need a more honest reason, he ‘accidentally’ eat 2 people share of breakfast this morning.

“Myungie I really want to skip that class but he made sure to let me know that he’ll search for me if I skip his class, and judging from experience, he is a man of his words.” Sunggyu whines again at his best friend who is now munching on his triangle-kimbap happily.

“I don’t see any reason why you have to avoid him like a plague, I mean, with those tiny eyes of yours you can always pretend that you can’t see him or something.” That reply obviously gets myungsoo a lovely smack on his head.

The bell rings indicating the end of recess time, myungsoo grabbed sunggyu’s hand and drag him to the changing room to prevent a last minute escape. Kim Myungsoo is never seen at school without Kim Sunggyu, and the very reason to that is because he is shy, or to put it in a more direct way, he hates strangers, especially those who came to him with this weird sparks in their eyes. And apparently, Kim Sunggyu works well as a ‘strangers-repellent’, though both of them never knew that the real reason behind that is because they look so good together, until some of myungsoo’s fans change their way and become their shipper instead. And of course, the main motto of all shipper is ‘never disturb a moment of the couple’. That, makes Kim Myungsoo and Kim Sunggyu a letter and its stamp.

-oOo-

“Hello everyone! I will be your new P.E. teacher, my name is Nam Woohyun but I don’t mind if you want to call me namu, after all we’re not that many years apart! But don’t call me yours since you’re still not mine”

The girls giggled at that while some of the boys who still have enough sense of humour laugh at that, most of the boys knew him before hand from the matches during break times anyway.

“Not many years apart my , he just live to flirt with every living human being, why am I not surprised”

“Do I see a pout there gyu, don’t tell me.. Are you jealous?” Bless Sunggyu for having a lot of people who like to in his social bubble.

He just scoff at Myungsoo’s  silly claim, and that doesn’t go unnoticed by the said teacher, who upon realising who the student was, once again flash his ‘idiot smile’ and blink his left eye at him, Kim Sunggyu refuses with all his might to call that a wink.

Now partner up so we can start doing some warm-ups!” Woohyun finally start the class, and of course Myungsoo is Gyu’s partner.

You really need to do more sport gyu, your skin are so white and soft that I’d regard your hands as women’s if I’m not looking at your flat chest right now.”
Shut up, you more than anyone else know how these hands can do ‘wonder’.”

A certain someone watches them intently, until a student comes up to him and break him out of his focus. “Nam seonsaeng, we finished the stretching routine”

“Good, since today is our first meeting, we will start with something easy!" he clapped twice to get everyone's attention. "Team up and we will play relay marathon, the team finishing last have to stay back and help me tidy up.”

Sunggyu groans in disbelief at his remark, he hates running in general, and he certainly dislike it more if he has to do something as he run, who is Nam Woohyun to say this is an easy game.

-oOo-

True to his word, he is not ashamed to be the one that makes his team lose; it’s their misfortune to be teamed up with him. He did expect an artistic mess from these art students. But they are no better than eleven years old kids, despite being 11th graders. He failed his plan to sneak out as Myungsoo decides it’s the perfect time to be a busy body and call out his name when he nearly escaped, which also call Woohyun’s attention.

“Sunggyu, come help me bring these hula hoops back to the storage room.” And now he is stuck with the teacher.

“Okay.. so.. you ask me to help you but you only give me one hula hoop? I mean, what’s the difference of bringing one more hula hoop on your own?” Sunggyu holds a hula hoop as he walk together with Woohyun to the storage room, throwing and catching it occasionally.

“Because I know you’re about to ditch your duty, I’m so not going to let that happen!”

“In addition I get extra time to spend with you, I seriously start to hate this school for being so spacious, we rarely get a chance to meet!”

‘‘I’m thankful for that fact and also my effort in avoiding you,” he mumbled lowly. I really can’t stand this grease ball, he is talking as if we’re best friends who suddenly get fewer chances to meet, he is too... friendly.

Thankfully woohyun is too occupied on trying to find the right storage room to hear him, since this school have more than one storage room. Sunggyu considered running away but that’d make him weird, so he decided to put up with his teacher this one time.

“Kim sunggyu! Why are you here?” they were just around the corner near the storage room when a familiar voice call out to him.

“Jang seonsaengnim! Sunggyu is giving me a hand after our P.E. class, what are you doing here anyway??” there is no classroom near the storage rooms as it is located quite far from the school’s lobby, so teachers and students rarely pass by, God knows what Dongwoo has been doing there. The two teachers exchange some greetings; dongwoo praising sunggyu for helping a teacher is included in their conversation before he takes his leave first.

They’ve neatly put all hula hoops in its place when suddenly woohyun asks,

“Kim Sunggyu, are you perhaps a part of this school’s choir team?”

“Ne seonsaengnim, in fact I am the male soloist, what’s with the sudden question?” his answer makes woohyun smile and show off his dimple.

“Nothing, I just want to ask.” He chuckles as he dismisses Sunggyu to go change his clothes and move to the next class.

A/N: can you believe I actually upload the next chapter today!! thanks to 'tell me' hype hahaha. I'm trying to fix the plot a little bit but I guess I've failed *sobs at the corner*. Anyway once again thank your for commenting and subscribing! I might disappoint you by telling that the next update might or might not take longer, since school is starting soon!

p.s: I might update a little faster if you give me some feedbacks~!

p.s.s: please do support Infinite's comeback~! their song is lit as always and so does their mv!