The Yeols

Faded Facade

Sunggyu tries to put up the jumble of words coming from his mom’s mouth, after finally getting the grasp of it, he looks at Woohyun to ask him where are the places that donghyun often go to, but he is as still as a rock. Sunggyu is 200% certain that he has not been listening to his mom’s explanation.

“Nam seonsaengnim?” he waved his hand twice in front of him before Woohyun finally blinks. Great, because he was going to ‘tap’ his cheek while yelling earth to Nam Woohyun if he didn’t respond.

“Do you perhaps know where he would go to? A park or a shop maybe?”

“Donghyun loves candies, there is this candy shop 5 minutes from here, maybe he is there. But he also loves the ice cream ahjussi near the park, he might be there too. However  I doubt he remember the way to both places- we just moved here. Oh God auntie and uncle will surely kill me.”

Sunggyu reached out to the frantic man, he can’t believe this man is 6 years older than him. If not for the quivering eyes staring at him, he would have left him and his mom to deal with it. Okay he is not that heartless, that boy is one cute chocolate stealer, he might or might not restore his stash of chocolate regularly because he knows Donghyun loves them.

“Nam seonsaengnim, I am sure he is fine and is waiting for us to pick him up, now let’s check the candy store first maybe he somehow find his way there?” Woohyun nods at him and pull his hand to quickly go to the store, luckily Sunggyu asked his mom to stay at home before hand, just in case Donghyun miraculously show up there.

They arrived at the store in less than 5 minutes, it’s almost like an impromptu P.E. session, someone needs to remind Nam Woohyun that Sunggyu is not that good of a runner. And so he waited outside- catching his breath- while woohyun goes in to ask the worker in the store whether she had seen a kid like Donghyun around.

He comes out a while later while holding a strawberry lollipop in hand,

“Sorry for making you run like that, I forgot how bad you are at running. Have some candy, I can’t just barge in without buying anything right.” Woohyun grinned at him while handing him the lollipop, and he accepts that only because it is strawberry flavored.

“Anyway the owner said that 2 kids did come here before. I really hope one of them is Donghyun and I hope they are still around here so let’s find them.” It seems like the guy finally snapped from his frantic thoughts,  and finally acting like an adult, no more freaking out. Now it’s Sunggyu’s turn to just nod and follow him.

They walk around for a while, mistaken 3 kids as donghyun, and Woohyun is about to freak out again before his phone rang, and he picks it up right away.

“Sorry I can’t entertain you right now since my nephew is missing,” he almost hang up when the other person on the line said “He is with me Nam Woohyun.”

Woohyun then check the name of the caller and asks, “How come he is with you yeol?”

“Daeyeol met him on his way home from school, and now they are settled in my living room, playing with Daeyeol’s toys collection.”

-oOo-

“Donghyun-ah, what are you doing here??” Woohyun hugs his nephew as soon as he sees him. They arrived at Sungyeol’s house as soon as Woohyun finished talking with him. Fortunately Sungyeol’s house is not far from the store, what a small world.

“Samchon! Turning mecard!” Donghyun just giggled happily as he raises the ‘transformer-like-robot’. Woohyun’s scolding melt along with the happy giggles coming from his nephew.

“What did I tell you about not following strangers eum?”

“But Daeyeol hyung is no strangers! Daeyeol hyung bought Donghyun a candy and have turning mecard!” Kids logic, he is more than relieved that it is Daeyeol that found Donghyun, not some other bad guy. Lee Daeyeol is Sungyeol’s younger brother, he is currently in his first year in elementary school. Despite being 2 years apart, it seems that they enjoy each others company very well, acknowledging that they just met. The world will be much nicer if people trust each other like kids do.

“I’m so glad that donghyun somehow ends up with you. Let me hug you my friend.” Of course Sungyeol rejected with all his might, Sunggyu chooses to ignore the ‘dumb and dumber’ adults and focus on the kids instead. Daeyeol really is a younger version of Lee seonsaengnim, he bets Lee seonsaengnim looked like that when he was younger. And Donghyunnie must have spent quite some time with his samchon, if that chattery mouth can be the proof, and although it is offending his pride to admit it, him and the boy really do have similar eyes especially when they smile. Glancing at the clock, he realised that it is almost dinner time and his mom must be waiting  at home, so he tries to politely interupt the dumb and dumber ‘lovey dovey’ moment and ask Woohyun to bring Donghyun home along with them.

After promising chocolates after dinner, they finally manage to convince Donghyun to let go of Daeyeol’s turning mecard and go home, not before another promise of playing together again in the future.

It is still a mystery how Donghyun can find his way to the candy store, ‘kids instinct’ Woohyun jokingly said. We both hold one of donghyun’s hand, afraid that his ‘kids instinct’ will kick in again and resulting in us losing him, again.

Mom hugs Donghyun tightly as soon as she sees us in front of the main door, the uncle and his nephew were planning to go home right away since Woohyun seemingly feels bad for having his neigbour freaking out over his nephew, but mom refused of course, saying that she still need to have a talk with the little guy, and she actually made dinner for too many, “I tend to overdo things when I am anxious gyu.” She reasoned when Sunggyu gasps at his own dining table, one will think that it’s someone’s birthday today.

-oOo-

When we are all settled, I realise someone is sitting on the chair beside me, which was always empty for a while, Woohyun grins at me, not his usual idiotic grin, but more like a sheepish grin. I totally am not thinking of how cute his grin was. Mom and Donghyun sit on the chairs opposite from us, Mom is busy trying to fill the boy’s plate to the fullest and Donghyun is busy trying to create an empty spot on the plate, they make such a good duo, sometimes I wonder whether Donghyun is actually my real baby brother.

I quickly start picking up the dishes and move them to my plate, but somehow my chopstick is not cooperating well with me today, ugh, I need to get that sausage. And I do, someone put it in my plate, I look up to see Woohyun winks at me, “Ask for help when you need one, little gyu.” I-is he treating me like a little kid now? There goes all my newfound respect for him.

[well this chapter actually ends here, but keep reading for a cute treat]

-Snippets-

A boy stands unmoving in front of a candy store, eyes sparkling at the colorful sweet treats. The worker of the store comes out to ask where is the boy’s parents, he replied that they are busy at work, with eyes still glued to the sweet treats displayed on the showcases. She really would like to give one to the cute little boy but the owner of the store is the stingiest person on earth, and she is on her second strike already because the store is not selling really well recently.

Suddenly a tall kid comes up to them and asks how much does one lollipop cost, he buy one and paid with a crumpled bill.

“Ja, enjoy the lollipop little kid, don’t forget to brush your teeth afterwards.” Funny how a kid calls another kid ‘little kid’, but Daeyeol is used to take care of his younger friends, so when he saw the boy earlier he thinks it is not a big deal to waste some of his pocket money for a lollipop. After ruffling the boy’s hair, he decided to continue his walk home, leisurely, not even aware of a cute stalker behind him, until he reaches his house and a squeaky voice comes from behind him. “Turning mecard hyung!” he turns around and look at the boy pointing at him, realising afterwards that the boy is talking about his backpack.

“You like turning mecard?” the boy nods, and that is how Donghyun ends up in the Yeol’s house.

[real t.b.c]

A/N: I was anxious about not being able to update this on time- but here I am! although this chapter is still short as always, I hope you enjoyed reading it! I am happy to know that some of you loved Infinite's comeback! thank your for commenting and do drop more comments fellas!

p.s. : I fixed some typo(s) on the previous chapter, it was such an embarassing typo but that's why I learned my lesson to not upload the chapter so early in the morning, I hope there is no such typo in this chapter. . .

p.s.s. :  who else are actually speechless at the fact that infinite are doing dab in 2k18 xD