[SEASON] The Fools

SS WENRENE 21293
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spring

 


The sun smiles brightly today, its warmth touch my skin, and it feels so great. One by one the cherry blossom blooms, the spring breeze blows, carrying away the scent of winter. 
The cherry blossom’s petals were flying, and some fell just above my head. 

 


"Ten,"

Wendy turned her head to the girl next to her and then mumbled a little. "Hm?". Her thick eyebrows lifted.

“This, I re-made a cherry blossom from 10 petals of it,” She showed Wendy her handicraft while beams a blinding smile.
“Pretty, right?” She added, and being the good friends, Wendy nodded in approval.


God, even the sun is colder than her smile. I could live only by those smile... even though she’s so random, I swear.
 

“You’re prettier,eonni.” She muttered and realized that she spoke a little bit louder than it should be. This is the time that make Seungwan wanted to be thrown into a black hole and scream her lungs out loud. But no, she played cool.

“I know, you surely have to double checked your eyes if you didn’t think so,” True enough, she didn’t fight the older girl other than giving her an approval laugh as they walking along the way. “Open your palm,” Irene ordered, and being the obedient dongsaeng to her favorite eonni, she opens it right away.

“That's for you,” Joohyun said casually, keep walking without share a single glance to Seungwan. Sometime fixed her glasses or rubbed her hands together. In the other hands, Seungwan was dumbfounded while looking at the patched petals.


The hell, she brought glue with her? Seungwan thought.
 

“What? You’re weird eonni, I don’t need this collected petals,” 

“But, I made it for you,” Joohyun raised her brows and faced Seungwan to gave her ‘I-do-not-receive-rejection’ look. Seungwan let her nervous laugh out while putting the hand-made-cherry blossom into her bag. No, into her glasses case in her bag, that’s the only hard case in her bag, and she doesn’t want to make Joohyun disappointed, so she will take a really care on the re-made flower.

“Kidding. I love presents,” Seungwan smiled.

“And now I want my present,” Joohyun stated, Seungwan frowned. She’s wondering why Joohyun acted strangely today.

“What?! Why? It’s not like your birth—,” She tried to retort before finally, she remembered something. Something really really really important. “Ohno!I’mdoomed,” She whispered to herself while sandwiching her own head and ruffling her own hair. She felt like the worst person ever.

 “No need to give me something. Indeed I’m a little bit disappointed that you forget my—,” Joohyun said softly after seeing Seungwan’s obvious action. Disappointed? Yes. Mad? No. Everyone was busy and as a good leader Joohyun have to understand their situation.

“NO!! I don’t! I mean, yes, but what I mean is— I thought its tomorrow!” Seungwan reasoned, keep the same pace as the older girl so they won’t be late for the meeting at the SM office. They had to choose one song to be their cover track. Usually, they’ll go with Seungwan and Yerim; since their taste could be loved by the rest of members, but today, Yerim seems busy with her chic and her bear, so Seungwan needs Hyun to accompany her.

“It means you ARE forgetting it, Miss Shon,” Joohyun rolled her eyes, insisted that the fault is Seungwan’s. 

“Y— yes. I’m sorry,” and Seungwan admitted it. 

They had reached SM building, rushed to the elevator, and Joohyun— or Irene (since they’re in SM building) pushed the 27th buttons, while Wendy secured her arms around Irene since there’s a lot like A LOT of people in the hellevator.
 

“Accompany me then, and we’re even,” Irene turned her head to Wendy and whispered before talking with telepathy and sign language with the younger one.
 

Right after this?! Seungwan widened her eye, tilted her head a little bit while staring into the leader’s eyes.
 

Yes. Joohyun lifts her eyebrows a few time. Problem? She frowned, her eyes looking straight into Seungwan’s eyes, demanding.
 

I’m sorry but I can’t eonni. Seungwan gave Joohyun an apologetic look, pursed her lips into a thin line and shook her head a few times.
 

Will you break my heart for the second time? Joohyun gasped, widened her eyes while put her hand on her chest and gave Seungwan her hurt expression.


NO! Not now, I mean... Uh—give me two hours and then let me take you out. Seungwan’s eyes widened two times bigger than before, shaking her head a few times. She lifts one of her hand, make a peace sign and mouthing 2 hours, then changed the peace sign into thumbs up and moves it to behind, sign as ‘go’ and then pointed her fingers to herself and Joohyun.
 

Pfft, so smooth, Wan? Joohyun rolled her eyes and broke the eye contact between them when they reached their destination floor.
 

 

DING!
 

 

“What? I only want to take you to a date,” Seungwan is complaining after both of them get rid of that hellevator.

“Says the one who forgetting her date’s birthday,” Joohyun said sarcastically walking faster than Seungwan, so the latter couldn’t see her naughty smirk.


.
.


Two hours, not more, not less, Seungwan kept her promise to the older one. Joohyun took Seungwan to b groceries as their date, of course, it’s her birthday and she wanted to make something special for her special members— no, her sisters. Sisters, not members. 

“Ah! Our grandma wants to throw a party?” Seungwan nodded her head slowly while looking for ingredients they need, while Joohyun followed her from behind; read the shopping list a little bit loud.

“Yes, and I want everything is done before Seulgi, Sooyoung, and Yerim got home,” She muttered.

“It feels like you’re the one who prepares a surprise party,” Seungwan said after putting the things inside the trolley, throw her teasing look to the older girl.

“For myself. Yeah. Good job Bae Joohyun, good job. You did well,” And the older responded by patted her own head, shoulder as she congratulates herself.

Dork. Seungwan can’t help, but smile. It warmed her heart.

 

.
.

 

They’re sitting in a small ice cream parlor near their apartment. Joohyun refused at first but red bean ice cream's huge picture in front of the shop’s door break her walls completely, but still, Joohyun kept scolds Seungwan for taking her to this place— she doesn’t want to be late for her birthday party, afraid the food won’t make it before the rest home.

Spoon by spoon, Joohyun got chilled, they begin to talk about their schedules, about their new soon to be the cover song, until the heart-to-heart thingy.

Now or never. Now? Right now? Or never. Come on Seungwan.

“I have something. But, keep it a secret, okay?” Seungwan keeps her coolness even though messed up inside, especially when the older one fixed her gaze right to her face.

“It’s purple. What’s this?” A purple box with a yellow ribbon presented right in front of her eyes. Joohyun isn't dumb, she knew it is her birthday present and the reason Seungwan brought her to this ice cream parlor.

“Open,” Seungwan said nervously. “I have another one, but I’ll give that together with the others,” she added.

 

A white gold necklace with a purple pendant that reflects the lamp's light. Joohyun took it carefully, unnerved by the object in her hand at the moment.
 

It’s beautiful.
 

So beautiful til she doesn’t know what to say.
 

Seungwan started her monologue when Joohyun's eyes met her's.

“Happy birthday to you; the greatest woman of this generation. I’m so blessed to have a chance of being on your side. And the girls of course. As you grow older, I’m sure you’ll become wiser, stronger, beautifuller? But, whenever you need someone to lean on, I’ll always be there for you. Not only me, Seulgi, Sooyoung, and Yerim too. We’re a group mate, family, sisters and even more than that, no need to hide it, eonni,” She whispered sweetly.

 

“What’s with the sudden...,” Sweetness. What does it mean, Seungwan?

“Ani, I just want to tell the birthday girl here if I, everyone loves her,” Seungwan grinned sweetly.

“Gomawo, Wan ah. Are you sure, you want me to have this?” Are you sure that’s all you got to say?

“Silly, it’s your birthday present; I won’t give it to you if I don’t want to be that way,”

“But it’s too— I mean, I do love it, who wouldn’t?! But, I’m afraid I can’t wear it too often,” Moreover if we’re in this damn grey zone.

“I completely understand, that’s why I told you to keep it as a secret. It’s fun, right?!”
 

 

Right...

 

.
.
.


 

Days went by.

Say goodbye to the 3rd month and give your brightest Hi! for the second month of spring. Cherry blossom still blooms beautifully. The spring breeze hit your face gently, brings the happiness of the spring spirit.

And just like the other months, April started on 1st of April.

No one dared to put jokes on the almighty Joohyun eonni. 

Joy’s attempt to fooled Joohyun with telling that she was banned to perform for a few days because she has some dating rumor that will break the group’s face, failed. Joohyun’s rationality said that was the worst plot ever in April fool's. Their company won’t let their source of money (read joy) absent, while the other girls seem to believe it and ready to face the HR section to ask why the hell they give Sooyoung such punishment.

As for Joohyun, she doesn’t need to do a plan to fooled Yerim perfectly. It seems that the grandma Bae is too tired from last night performance and forget to iron the maknae’s uniform. So, Yerim should be going to school with a crumpled white shirt that covered with her yellow blazer.

Different from the maknaes, the 94-liner seems doesn’t give a about April fool’s day. They said that lie is an unholy thing to do, so why do bother to lie when you know which one is the truth and lie. But still, saying ‘I don’t care’ in April fool’s day, means ‘I care’, right?
 

Seulgi tried to fool her sisters by being Seulgi the pringle’s hater. She pretended to throw away all of her Pringle’s supplies until Joohyun really threw the poor chips away unintentionally when she thought that was a bag of trash from Seungwan and Seulgi’s room. The poor bear is crying in agony while the maknaes cried in happiness. 

At the end of the day, Seungwan helped Joohyun in sorting the already cleaned clothes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter