Rendezvous

The Bad Boy Busters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Jesus Christ lord almighty."
 

"I can't believe my eyes."
 

"Are you real?"
 

"IS NAM JOO HYUK HOTTER IN PERSON?"
 

"Guys," you sharply scold. "Could you make it any more obvious?"


"What do you mean, she already looks flashy as hell. The sunglasses and scarf aren't doing much."
 

You shot over a sharp glare. "Jennie, I swear--"
 

Sungkyung cut you off with a light chuckle, positioning her sunglasses down a bit with her pointer finger and thumb to make eye contact with you. "Come on, I just can't wait to get this thing started," she said with an effortlessly beautiful curl of her lips.
 

All of your coffees were already starting to cool, the steam making everyone's cheeks turn a rosy shade of pink. Looking around, the coffee shop didn’t seem too busy, which was perfect for the Busters and Lee Sungkyung’s little rendezvous.
 

"So what's the plan?" the actress asked.
 

"Well," Jisoo started to reply, "we really can't go about it the same way we do with everyone else. I mean, you're freaking Lee Sungkyung. Like, are you sure you want to do this? Wouldn't being posted in a video on our website cause like, a scandal?"
 

"One thing you have to know," Sungkyung answered, running her left hand through her hair to toss it back," is that those so-called scandals are how we celebs make a living. It's reporter Kang Minjung and CEO Kang Joseph's hot and well-known son, the nation's heart throb and first love. You think getting with him won't make me more popular? More desireable?"
 

You bit the inside of your cheek, brows furrowed and mind contemplating hard. It didn't seem right to you, exposing the guy for selfish needs. The whole reason why you started the Bad Boy Busters wasn't to do this, but rather, to punish the boys for their wrongs.
 

Well, it’s kind of the same thing... right?
 

"It's killing two birds with one stone," the celebrity said, almost as if she had read your mind.


Maybe the other girls were thinking the same things you were, too, because when you turned to them, you noticed that they shared the same conflicted expression that you had also been making for the past minute or so.


"I gain fame. The nation's beloved teen gets to be exposed for being a huge womanizer. See, the kids in your school seem to keep that whole player thing a secret-- everyone's too scared to mess with someone that important," Sungkyung explained, taking an almost seductive sip of her drink. She set the coffee cup down, able to meet your eyes even through the tinted glass. "But not me."
 

She was telling the truth. Until now, nobody had requested to bust Kang Daniel during all of the three years that you had led the secret group. Most of them were obviously too scared to do anything that would anger Daniel and his powerful family, but you knew perfectly well that Jisoo and the girls had been patiently waiting for this opportunity-- being able to deal with the real thing, not just another high school playboy. Right now, you were dealing with Kang Daniel. Like Sungkyung had already said, the nation's heart throb, first love, boyfriend-- you name it. The chance had to be taken, no matter what your morals were screaming out in your head.
 

Selfish or not, the nation deserved to know the true nature of their "first love".
 

"We'll do it," you decided.
 

"Wait," Rose interjected, grabbing your hand in caution and looking into your eyes with worry. "Are you sure?"
 

"Come on, I know you guys want to, too. You've been waiting for this for years," you replied. "We're doing it."
 

"Whatever Prez says," Lisa agreed. Jisoo was biting her bottom lip in concern.
 

"This will be big... like, real big. Not just thousands, but millions of views. The whole nation would be watching," she voiced out. "But... if Lee Sungkyung is the one to do it, we could probably avoid the lash back from the haters."
 

"Exactly," Jennie adds. "More people will be angry at him, not her. And not us, either. I'm in on it."
 

Jisoo sighed, relaxing her tense shoulders. "Alright, let's do it."
 

--
 

You and the girls somehow managed to sneak Sungkyung in through the back door of the school and into the newspaper club's meeting room.
 

"Here, wear this for when you leave." You fumbled through the pile of clothes in the club locker and handed her one of your bright orange hoodies and a pair of glasses. She took them hesitantly. "Do not take the hood off. One person spots you in this school, and we get in trouble for bringing in an unofficial visitor. Plus, we'll gather too much attention."
 

"What the hell," Sung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter