Paper Airplanes

The Bad Boy Busters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The soft breeze of the heater right above your head was blowing Daniel's hair around, making him look like one of those Korean idols in the commercials you never bothered to pay attention to. Surprisingly, the player was out of words and looked like he was blushing a little, and you believed for a second that he might actually be cute and innocent. 
 

But your 4.5 GPA self knew better.
 

"I saw what happened," was all he said.
 

You looked down at the floor, watching little dust balls move around from the breeze. "So you pitied me and followed me here," you assumed.
 

He sighed and rested his back on the wall behind where the two of you were currently sitting. "No, I just knew you'd be here."
 

You raised your eyebrow and looked back at him. "How?" you questioned.
 

"Lucky guess?" he said through his toothy smile, his mouth shaped into an awkward rectangle. 
 

You sighed and shook your head, resuming to be upset and gloomy.
 

"How else was I supposed to give you my number then, huh?" he asked, trying to start up more conversation. He must've known you were in a terrible mood.
 

"I don't want your number," you mumbled. Daniel was about to give up on attempting to cheer you up, but he was quick-witted enough to notice your cellphone sticking out of the side pocket of your backpack. The boy pulled it out, unlocking it with a quick swipe.
 

"You have no passcode? What the actual ."
 

You shrugged, unfazed by the fact that he stole your phone. "You know all my secrets anyway. Feel free to go through my messages while you're at it."
 

"I'm not gonna invade your privacy I'm simply giving you my number," he explained.
 

"Fine," you sighed. Daniel rolled his eyes as he typed in his digits into your contacts and slid the phone back into its original pocket.
 

"I've never seen a girl so unenthusiastic about getting my number."
 

"Yeah, don't expect me to reply to any texts either."
 

"You really-- okay," he said, composing himself as he exhaled with his eyes closed. "I just needed it to let you know the time and location of the banquet anyway," he said, playing off his possibly first ever rejection. You blinked for a second before your mouth formed the shape of an 'o'. 
 

"Right, that thing."
 

"Oh, don't tell me you forgot already?" he questioned in a tone that was higher than his usual deep voice. "The president of the Busters--"
 

You were now completely alert and slapped your hand harshly over Daniel's mouth, receiving a surprised look and muffled, incoherent words in response. Fervently looking around the halls, you tried to spot any students passing by and felt an immediate rush of relief when there was no one to be seen. Daniel grabbed your wrist and pulled your hand off of him, his signature smirk plastered on his face as soon as his lips were revealed.
 

"How did I get into this situation?" you hopelessly thought out loud, observing Daniel's mischievous face turn even eviler.
 

"I was keeping quiet until you tried to get in my pants, babe," he replied with a wink as he stood up from his spot next to you. He didn't have a backpack with him, as expected from the infamous delinquent. "Cheer up," he encouraged. "I guess I'll catch you around?"
 

"If you do, please don't say hi," you requested.
 

"We'll see," was all he said before he made his way out of the school's white wing. You let out yet another sigh and decided to close your eyes and rest for a bit, until your phone began to vibrate endlessly.
 

I swear to God Jisoo needs to stop spamming me all the time, you internalized as you reached for the phone to read all the messages.
 

From: Jisooooo

um where the hell are you????
 

From: Jisooooo

come to homeroom. the teacher aint havin it
 

From: Jisooooo

and wtf happened between you and Guanlin??????
 

From: Jisooooo

pls tell me why i keep hearing your name and his in the same sentence
 

From: Jisooooo

Y/N. ING. RESPOND.
 

You internally chuckled at the fact that you correctly guessed it was no one other than Jisoo spamming you with messages like that. You leisurely typed in your response.
 

To: Jisooooo

Chill out, i'll be there soon. I'll tell you everything later. And please start sending all your sentences in one text thanks
 

Going back into your message inbox, you narrowed your eyes at an unfamiliar text you had sent to someone just two minutes ago, with the contact name of 'the hottest guy i know". It really only took half a second to put it all together.
 

And though you rolled your eyes, you couldn't hide the half smile that the kid actually managed to put on your face.
 

I really don't know how you do it, Kang Daniel.
 

--
 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter