Code Red

The Bad Boy Busters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You made sure to park the car in the most unsuspicious parking spot near the dumpster.


"I'm turning the heater up. It's cold," Jennie said. You agreed with her after realizing that your fingers weren't typing on your laptop as fast as they usually would. They were probably frozen. You didn't realize how cold you were getting, though, because you were so focused on the two live cameras showing the front and back doors of the club on your screen. "Who are we waiting on?"


"Jisoo," you replied, biting your lower lip. It was about time the plan was executed, and you didn't know why her recording wasn't showing up. "You think something bad's happening?" you asked anxiously.


"Nah, she's probably fine. Most likely stuck trying to hide her feet behind a curtain or something."


"Yeah, but shouldn't that have already been done with a while ago? I mean--"


", Y/N, it's on!"


You quickly started to spam one of your buttons to raise the volume of the three videos, unfazed by the fact that Jennie had just rudely interrupted you.


"I don't know... I saw him across the dance floor, but he just kind of disappeared--"


"What the hell is happening?" you questioned, staring at the camera that was pointed down at what looked like Sungkyung's heels. Suddenly, Jisoo's face was all you could see.


"Prez, it's code red. We lost him. But more importantly, I think he knows what's up."


And then her camera shut off.


"What the-- how did he find out?" Jennie asked. You were just as confused as she was, and frustrated, too. 


Suddenly, someone tapped on your side of the window. You and Jennie gave each other a wary look before you cautiously rolled the window down a crack.


"Excuse me miss, we have to move these dumpsters. Would you mind parking somewhere else?" you heard a male voice say. The two of you both sighed, relieved that it was just a garbage man.


"Sure thing," you replied, putting the car on drive and releasing the brake. Right before you began to roll up your window, you caught a glimpse of the man's brown coat sleeve. Dismissing it as unimportant, you finally chose to relocate to a spot under a large tree. "Did anything happen while I was driving?" You asked, focusing back onto the laptop that was now on Jennie's lap.


"Nah," she replied. "Jisoo's cam is still off. Nothing's happening on Rose or Lisa's side."


Frustrated, you ran your fingers through your hair, which was down and nicely blow-dryed by Rose. It was one of those rare occasions where you and the girls' disguises were to just look nice, or, rather, like actual girls.


"Wait," you said, pointing at Lisa's surveillance. "Rewind that."


Jennie did as you said.


"That guy. He looks suspicious. You know what Kang Daniel looks like?"


"No clue. Only Jisoo's actually seen him before."


"Damn it," you exhaled. It had already been ten minutes past the execution time. "Jennie... I think we've finally failed for the first time."


Jennie laughed. "So that's what that feels like. Feels like ."


--
 

Daniel shut the door and waddled over to sit in front of the heater, bundled up in three layers and a coat. "It's so damn cold," he said as best as he could with his shivering chin. "I took a shower twenty minutes ago. My hair's frozen."


"Hello to you too," Jaehwan greeted sarcastically, putting down his guitar and walking over to the fridge to grab a cold soda.


"No, I want something warm," Daniel voiced out, face buried in his scarf.


Jaehwan sno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter