His Scent

The Bad Boy Busters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"WHERE WERE YOU FOR THE PAST FIVE HOURS I THOUGHT YOU WERE KIDNAPPED BY DANIEL'S GANG MEMBERS OR SOMETHING," Jisoo loudly nagged, latching onto your arm. It was by now night time and you were too exhausted both physically and mentally to listen to her nagging, so you just let out a loud, dragged-out sigh instead of answering her immediately. Then, you turned around, and without even needing to ask, the girl helped you your dress. 
 

"I hit my head on a pole and went unconscious. Then, I woke up on a random sofa, and a few minutes later, Daniel walked in."
 

"Oh okay," she thoughtlessly mumbled. "Wait... WHAT?"
 

"Yup."
 

Jennie, Lisa, and Rose stopped everything they were doing at this point and rushed over to you, simultaneously bombarding you with questions that you couldn't really get the chance to understand.
 

"Get out of here with your yup," Rose said. "You better start from the beginning-- and don't leave out a single detail."
 

So, as soon as you finished changing out of that uncomfortably tight and skimpy dress, the five of you sat down on the usual round club meeting table and you explained everything to them from start to finish. The fainting, the phone incident, him knowing your name-- everything.
 

"Wait so you're telling me that the Kang Daniel is basically your stalker," Jennie concluded.
 

"He's not a stalker, he's a fan of her writing," Lisa corrected, resting her cheek on her palm and looking up at the ceiling dreamily. "That's so cute."
 

"It's not cute, it's suspicious," Jisoo argued. "First of all, does he even read?"
 

"Ooh, maybe he fell in love with you when he apparently met you. And he's been reading your newspaper articles ever since," Rose suggested. Jennie gave a judgmental look.
 

"Love? A boy like him?"
 

"Hey, you never know--"
 

You slammed both of your palms on the table, immediately cutting off all conversation. "You're ignoring the most crucial part," you pointed out. "Now, he can reveal my biggest secret at any given moment."
 

Jisoo shook her head. "He won't," she assured. "He needs you."
 

One hour ago:
 

"Need me? For what?" you questioned, both a bit scared and deathly curious at the same time. Daniel let go of your shoulders and looked away, almost like he was starting to get shy. He scratched the back of his neck.
 

"My parents have been giving me about bringing a girl to this charity dance event."
 

You shook your head. "Oh no, you've got the wrong person."
 

"Okay then," Daniel said as he slipped his phone out of his pocket, all of his shyness gone in a split second as if he had multiple personalities, "I'll just send a mass text to the whole school that Y/N is the mastermind behind--"
 

"Fine! fine," you exhaled, before a sigh and a head shake. Daniel looked up at you from his phone and gave you a smirk that made you want to sock him in the face. 
 

"But why does it have to be me?" you questioned. "You can literally take any girl off the street."
 

"My parents care a lot about status," Daniel explained as short and simply as he could. You pointed a finger at yourself. 
 

"I'm poor."
 

He raised an eyebrow at the comment about your income. "You're the president of the newspaper club," Daniel rebutted. "My mom's a reporter. She'd love you."
 

"And how am I supposed to trust that you'll keep my secret?"
 

Daniel pretended to zip his lips starting from the left corner and ending all the way at his right. Then, he proceeded to pull an invisible key out of his pocket and threw it somewhere far in the room. 
 

You knew exactly what he was trying to get at. Your hands began to ball into fists as your eyes focused on his in a scary glare. "Just... know that I'm only doing this for you because I'm literally being blackmailed."
 

"So I'll take that as a yes?"
 

Instead of giving him an answer, you rolled your eyes and made your way over to the door, finding your heels and strapping them on. When you finished and were ready to leave, Daniel gave an evil, crooked smile of victory, and this time you really, really wanted to sock him in the face-- even more than the first time.
 

Present:
 

"Once the charity event is over, poof," you said, spreading out your arms to emphasize the last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter