Mixed Ramen and Mixed Emotions

The Bad Boy Busters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wanna go out to eat?" Guanlin suggested. "It's on me," he added before you could possibly say no. You grinned and nodded your head-- not the response he had expected.

 

"If it's on you then I won't anticipate too much," you joked, even though half of it was serious.

 

And you were right, because the two of you ended up going to the 24/7 convenience store in your neighborhood that you'd always hit up back in middle school. Your two packs of ramen and triangle kimbap along with his five cup noodles and three sausages only cost him around 15,000 won (about $15).

 

"You're gonna get chubby again like how you were five years ago," you teased as the two of you sat down side by side on the counter facing the window. "Just because it's buy three get two free doesn't mean you have to take the deal."

 

"Hey, a big boy needs his big boy portions," he rebutted, opening one of the lids to his cup noodles and swirling his chopsticks around inside it to check if it was ready to eat.

 

You couldn't be more glad that Guanlin took you to your favorite convenience store instead of some fancy restaurant. In fact, you preferred it-- you were the kind of girl that would eat mnuggets and fries over a tiny overpriced steak any day.

 

"You were cuter when you were chubby though," you commented, still in the 'tease your best friend' mode.

 

"Sometimes I really can't tell if you're joking or not," Guanlin mumbled, taking a slurp of his ramen so large that half of his noodles were gone already. You looked at him chewing his food in awe and didn't know whether to be more surprised at the fact that that much food can fit in his mouth or that it didn't burn his tongue off.

 

"I'm not joking, I like a little meat on my boys," you continued, taking a bite of your kimbap. Guanlin swallowed down his huge bite and stood up abruptly from his seat.

 

"I'm getting five more, I'll be right back," he suddenly said, throwing off your serious facade and making you burst out into a closed-eyed laughter. When you turned and opened your eyes again, expecting to see Guanlin sitting and laughing it off as well, you saw that the stool beside you was completely empty.

 

He wasn't joking.

 

I can't handle this kid, you thought, shaking your head and smiling as you began mixing your ramen with your chopsticks. This moment especially reminded you of the old days, back when Guanlin had the biggest crush on you, which was, to both of your agreement, due to the fact that you were the only girl willing to talk to his awkward, introverted self. He used to constantly try to impress you like that and you always found it to be the most hilarious thing.

 

"Guanlin! I was joking come back--"

 

You stopped talking when your phone that was flat on the counter in front of you suddenly lit up. It was a text from Daniel, and you knew right away because no other name in your contact list was that long.

 

A bit confused as to why he'd randomly text you at night, you opened the message thinking it'd probably be some kind of cheesy pick up line due to his boredom. However, you became undoubtedly more confused at the sight of his current location that he had just sent to you.

 

From: the hottest person i know

 

i need your help.

 

From:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter