Chronicles of KPOP

GOT7+

It was Got7+ last week of promotion.The group was chosen to participate at a collaboration for an performance at the upcoming Kpop – summer- festival.Other then them Winner and Blackpink were chosen too. None of them knew what the concept and the song would be , all that were information would be given at the first practice.

Got7+ was on the way to that very first practice.

Even though Jin Ae was still pissed because of her previous fight with the leader her mood was on top which annoyed the half-sleeping Mark who was sitting right next to her.

 

„ I beg you Jin Ae, can you keep quiet“ Mark whined. Jin Ae was blabbering how happy she was to meet Winner once again.

 

Yugyeom laughed „ Noona you seem to be really happy !?“

 

„ Because I am“ Jin Ae replied happily.

 

„Me to. I haven't seen Lalisa for a while“ BamBam joined the conversation.

 

The Blackpink member and the rapper had been friends since their childhold.Being idols from different companies and more importantly from different genders made it hard to meet up privately.

 

„ Hmm. Same here with Jisoo“ Jinyoung said. He and Jisoo had worked together as MCs of an weekly music show after the MCs changed the two remained friends.

 

„ This is work related. We are not going there for fun“ JB interrupted s not even looking at s.

 

s rolled their eyes. Their leader was always so professional that it annoyed them for time to time. There was nothing wrong about hanging out together having fun , while working for the collaboration stage.

 

„ Hyung , don't be so serious“ Jackson exclaimed „ I´m sure we can have fun and practice hard for the performance“

 

„ He has a point“ Youngjae backed him up.

 

JB keep quiet not wanting to argue. He had fought enough these days.

 

„ We are here“ their manager said from the drivers seat. The CEO of boths groups had decide that they should practice at the YG building.

 

 

*

 

When they entered the practice room Winner and Blackpink were already inside the room waiting for them.

BamBam yelled something in Thai and approached Lalisa.

 

„ Hey chingu“ he said and hugged her and she hugged him back. The others who also knew each other well greeted each other as well. After that the rest greeted each other formally.

 

Mino eyed Jin Ae and winked at her. Right at that moment the instructor came in.

 

„Hello everyone. I will work with you the next days !“ He said „ You will perform a mash- up of different K- Pop songs including your songs at the end. It will be like the Chronicles of K-Pop. I will explain the setlist so that we can jump right into practicing.“

 

Setlist :

 

Perfect Man ( 2002) – Shinhwa

Number 1 (2002) – BoA

Mirotic ( 2008) – TVXQ

Nobody ( 2008) -Wonder Girls

Ring Ding Dong ( 2009) – SHINee

OH! ( 2010 )- SNSD

Fanstastic Baby ( 2012 ) – Big Bang

Growl ( 2013) – EXO

Dope ( 2015) – BTS

Whistle (2016) - Blackpink

Everyday ( 2018) – WINNER

Last Time ( 2018) – GOT7+

Ending : Gangnam Style ( 2012) – PSY

 

He continued to explain that OH! would be danced by all Girls and Growl by all boys. The rest songs were split into units. The performance would end with Gangnam Style performed by all together. They had 10 minutes and 30 seconds for the whole stage.

They would decide in their groups which part of the songs they would like to performance under the condition not to take more than 50 seconds. In Addition to that the instructors had already singled out some two or three parts for each song to make the decision easier for them . At end the would coordinated the performances to make the single performances into one big performance. The instructor and his team was only there to help them.

After the trainer gave them all the instructions they started with practicing Gangnam Style  since they would split into different groups afterwards. The practice did not took a long time since everyone was familiar with the dance routine. Most of the work was done in order to creat a good formation and arrangement but even that was done fast.

 

After the finished the dance practice of Gangnam Style at the end of the day . The instructor announced the first groups projects.

 

First group : Mino, Jin Ae , Yugyeom , Lisa perfoming Mirotic

2nd group : Jinwoo , Jinyoung, Jisoo, Rosé , Youngjae performing Perfect Ma

3rd group : Bam Bam , Jackson , Jennie performing Nobody 

4th group : JB , Mark , Seunghoon , Seungyoon performing Dope 

 

With the announcement of the first group the practice was dismissed. They would continue their practice the next immediately starting in their groups.

 

The groups started packing their things when Mino approached Jin Ae. Jin Ae looked surprised waiting for Mino to say something. The person in question put his hand in his pocket and started to talk.

„ Hey do mind giving me your number ? It would would be pretty useful since we are working in the same group“ he said a little bit shy. Jin Ae was surprised but she immediatly ask for his phone to put in her number. She did so and before she could get his number she heard JB shouting from the other side of the room.

 

„ Jin Ae , We have to go“

 

Jin Ae replied her leader that she was coming. She bowed and bid Mino her farwells.

 

*

 

The moment they entered the car Jin Ae heard her phone vibrating. She checked and saw that she recieved a message from an unknown number. Huh who could that be she wondered. She opened the message and started to smile.

 

Hey, that my number – Mino

 

Jin Ae replied immiadetly.

 

Okay, its saved :) 

 

She got a reply in short time and the content of the message made her blush.

 

I forgot to tell you to get back home safely :) – Mino

 

Youngjae who noticed his Noona asked her „Noona why are you blushing ?“

 

Jin Ae was embarrassed that Youngjae saw her which made her unable to respond.

Mark who was sitting right next to her eyed her „ Who are you texting ? Who is making you blush ?“ he said in a teasing voice.

 

„ Its Mino. I mean Mino- sunbaenim“ she answered not looking into her members eyes.

 

„ Mino. Winners Mino ? My friend Mino ? Song Minho ? Where did you get his number ?“ Jackson asked her in an exaggerated way. When Jin Ae tried to answer his question JB interrupted her.

 

„ Earlier after the practice“ . So JB had witnessed the whole scene

 

The maknaes looked at each other in confusion. When they got their first number of an girl group member their leader held a speech about dating and friendships in the industry.

 

„ Hyung you knew and you didnt held your ´ no dating´speech. Its unfair“ Bam Bam complained and Yugyeom noded in agreement.

Jin Ae watched them in disbelief. These boys would sell me out for their purposes  Jin Ae sulked in her thoughts.

 

„ Hey , its for work“ Jin Ae argued.

 

Their two managers who followed the conversation laughed until the male manager finally took a word.

 

„ If it is for work its okay. Leave her alone boys“

Jackson huffed and said „ I´m not done with you. We going to speak about this later“ pointing at her. Mark simply nodded in agreement.

 

Jin Ae searched for Jinyoung in order to help her but as soon they made eyes contact Jinyoung gave her a ´ I cant help you´ look.

 

„ Tzz best friend what“ she hissed to Jinyoung who just shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

*

 

The next morning Yugyeom and Jin Ae arrived at their practice room. Mino and Lisa were already discussing something.

 

„ Hey guys“ Yugyeom greeted the YG artists „ What are you guys discussing ?“

 

Lisa and Mino turned around.

 

„ Oh Hey Jin Ae unnie ,Yugyeom“ she greeted while Mino just waved his hands. „ We are going through the ideas our trainer had for what part we could do“

 

„ Yeah we are thinking about the rapping part and the following part. Me and Lisa could cover the rapping while you and Yugyeom could do the vocal part“ Mino explained.

 

„ Isnt it better to do it the other way around ?“ Jin Ae thought out loud.
 

„ You mean the chorus than the rapping part ?“ Yugyeom questioned.

 

„Yes ! If we start with the rapping part we would have an awkward cut during the build up since we have just 50 seconds.“ Jin Ae explained but she saw that the other didnt really understand her point.

 

„ Mino oppa could you play the part that you had in mind ?“ Jin Ae explained..

 

Yugyeom was surprised by Jin Ae addressing Mino as oppa but he didnt dare to question it.

Meanwhile Mino took out his phone and played the part. After listening to it after Jin Ae comment they understood what she meant : After the rap part there was a long adlib part who would eat them a lot time from the chorus. It was clearly better to do the chorus first then the rap part and then end it with the adlib part.

 

„ Okey we have a part. We can start studying the dance“ Lisa said. „ I suggest we should start thinking about a formation“

 

Yugyeom suggested a formation that was pretty good. It really helped the unit that Lisa and Yugyeom were there they could easily pick up the dance and teach it to the other twos not that they were bad but the younger one understood quicker.

 

After all the planning they started to practice.

 

*


Yugyeom noticed how Mino always looked at Jin Ae and who Jin Ae always put her best smile.

He also noticed how the laughed together and talked , it seemed like the knew eachother for years.

He promised himself to keep an eye on them.

 

The practice went really well since everyone was familiar with the dance it was easier to pick up the dance moves. They finished the choreography of the song completely and decided to take lunch before continuing their practice. Lisa had brought kimbap and other snacks for everyone so the could eat in the practice room. They sat on the floor in a circle eating and talking.

 

„ Dont you guys think that the ´Nobody´ group is quite funny ?“ Lisa asked half laughing.

 

Mino looked a little bit confused not understanding what Lisa was trying to say.

 

„ Who is in that group again ?“ Mino asked

 

„ Bam Bam, Jackson – oppa and Jennie“ Jin Ae answered.

 

„ I think that they can definitely pull ´Nobody´ off“ Yugyeom thought out loud to which Lisa answered „ Agree , still..“

 

„ You think that Jennie cant handle the two dorks“ Jin Ae laughed „ poor thing. I wouldnt want to deal with the two of them alone“

 

„ Thankfully you are with us and not in Jennie shoes“ Mino said with a big smirk on his face.

 

„ Ah yes .. This team is the best“ said Jin Ae joyfully eating her kimbap.

 

„ You are the best“ Mino said without any shame laughing after seeing Jin Ae reaction.

 

„ Yaaah stop thissss“ she said while hitting him playfully which caused them to playfully fight.

 

The maknaes somehow disgust put their heads together to speak about the two who didnt even noticed that the maknaes were talking about them.

 

„ Arent they flirting the whole day long ?“ Lisa said with a disgusted face „ Mino oppa has really no shame“

 

Yugyeom nodded in agreement. „ She is really acting girly in front of Hyung. If someone of GOT7 said that she would kick him in the “ Yugyeom was clearly irritated of Jin Ae behavior.

 

„ I think this will get interesting. Still lets continue with our practice“ Lisa stood up which made the others stop fighting they looked at her with confused eyes. She told them that they should start with their practice. They nodded and stood up to start with the practice.

 

*

 

The concluded the practice well not letting much work for the next the day. When Yugyeom and Jin Ae reached their dorm all of the other members were already there. Most of them were in living room or kitchen. Jaebum was in the kitchen preparing kimchi rice and meat for dinner.

 

„ Guys you are back“ Jinyoung said after he noticed the two entering the dorm.

 

Hearing Jinyoung Yugyeom immediately ran into the middle of the living room.

„ Hyung , Noona is scary“ he screamed while running. s looked at him laughing while Jin Ae tried to catch and hit him

 

„ Did you figure out that just now ? Forgot about how she threw things at me ?“ Jinyoung questioned and Yugyeom shook his head hiding behind Jackson.

 

„ Not this. I mean she is totally different at practice. She is all girly and sweet in front of Mino hyung they are totally flirit-“ before Yugyeom could even finish his sentence Jackson and Mark stood up.

 

„ WHAT ?“

„ Did you said flirting ?“ Mark asked and Jin Ae waved her hands in deniel.She could not believe that Yugyeom told her off at her members. He was totally exaggerating for her taste.

 

„ YAH, KIM YUGYEOM SINCE WHEN DID YOU START EXAGGERATING LIKE THIS“ she yelled at him.

 

„ I´m not exaggerating ask Lisa“ he defended himself. The boys seemed really displeased about that situation they really wanted to keep her away from every male.

 

„ Jin Ae , I dont like this“ Jackson said with a serious face. „ No flirting“.

 

„ We are looking out for you“ Mark said when you thought that he was opened- minded about this things than you are completely wrong.

 

Jin Ae thought that her members lost their minds. Again she looked for Jinyoung in order to ask him for help but once again she was left in the cold.

 

„ I think he is right. Be careful girl“ he said.

 

„ You guys are kidding me“ she said know getting more and more angrier „ I already told Jaebum -oppa . STOP MINDING MY BUSINESS“ with that she left for her room slamming her door.

 

Everyone looked at the leader not knowing what to do with the situation.

 

 

Seven guys living with one girl seemed harder than they already expected.