The showcase part 1

GOT7+

5 days before debut …..

@Makieepooh97 : JYP cant be serious

@IGOT7lisa : Wow she is really pretty

@youare123: she better stay away from my oppas

@dabdabs_wife : this is the end

@2jaeislife: I´m positive this going to be dope

@coco_nora : tzz she doesnt even look good

 

These were comments Jin Ae had to read since her identity was revealed. Some of them – the minority – were good but must of them were just harsh. Jin Ae tried not to let these get to her. That was not exactly easy since she was already under a lot of pressure. She wanted to prove herself not only to the public but also to her teammates. She worked hard to do that. She was always stayed back in the studio. She would go through the dance routine or her part of the song.

Their mini album “ Addition“ was already recorded and it was only a few days until their “debut showcase“. Their album contained a lot of RnB and oldschool songs. Especially their title song had a 90 RnB feel.

Jin Ae closed the page with the comments as soon someone entered the room. It was Jinyoung. This guy should learn how to knock. She thought.

 

„ Hey , the food we ordered just arrived“ he told her also noticing her odd behavior. In combination with the laptop in front of her he knew was going on.

 

„Yah Ji“ Jinyoung was the only one to call her by her nickname. „ What did I say about reading comments ?“

 

Jin Ae sighed. She really did not want to have this conversation with him. Not now.

„ Are you scolding me ?“ She responded him while standing up to go to the living room. Before she could exit the room Jinyoung blocked the door with his body.

 

„ No , I´m protecting you.You can worry about these people after the showcase. I mean they haven´t even seen your talent so they are in no position to judge you“ Jin Ae let sink in what Jinyoung just told her. She understood what he meant but somehow she wanted to be prepared for the hate by reading comments before the actual confrontation with the anti-fans. Nevertheless she told Jinyoung that she understood what he said and that she would stop reading these comments.

 

„Good girl“ he said with a cheeky smile while patting on her head.

 

„ You know , I`m not a dog“ Jinyoung just laughed and told her to go to the living room.

The boys were already sitting around the table and enjoying their food. Jinyoung ran to Bam Bam who was ready to dig into his pizza.

„Couldn´t you guys wait until we arrived“ he said while stopping Bam Bam from eating the pizza. He grab it and put it into his mouth. BamB am tried to get it back but soon after he gave up and took another piece.

 

„You were taking to long“responded Youngjae with a mouth full of fried chicken.

Since all of them had maintain their weight well the company allowed them to eat fast food once in a while. That somehow brought joy to them.

Jin Ae and Jinyoung finally sat down. Jinyoung sat down beside JB while Jin Ae took place beside Mark. Like always the dinner was noisy with a lot of talking. With the time Jin Ae adjusted to the lifestyle and tried to take part in their conversations. It was much more easier since the boys tried to involve her.

„ In 5 days we are offically making our debut as Got7+“ Jackson opened up the topic that was in everyone head „It almost feels like the first time we debuted“

 

„You must be the most nervous here, Noona“ Yugyeom said. Jin Ae thought about it and figured that she was really nervous but at the other side she was happy that she had her teammates who would support her. Eve though she was not that close to her members yet she knew that they would support her no matter what.

 

„Don´t be, we are here for you“ Mark said before Jin Ae could react to Yugyeoms comments. Marks comment surprised Jin Ae. Sure , they were now civil to another but still they tried to avoid another beside work. To hear these words of support from Mark was truly suprising. She believed that they were definitely not on the stage where the could give another pep talks but it seems like she was wrong . Jin Ae looked at him and thanked him.

 

                                                                                                                               *

 

„Jin Ae“Jackson screamed „ we have to go now, JB hyung is going to kill us“ Jin Ae reacted right after she heard JB´s name. She was already on not so good terms with the leader. She really did not want to stretch their relationship any further.



„Sorry Jackson oppa. I coming now“ Jin Ae responded and came out in sportswear.

It was six in the morning and the day of their showcase.They had to be by the showcase location in advance for preparation purposes. The last days the members worked hard to make this day perfect.It was not only about preparing their album but also to think of little games and entertainment for their fans.

Since they were now 8 members the had to travel separately. The first van with the first half of the members was already on the way to the location. JB who wanted to be at the location as early as possible took the first van together with Yugyeom , BamBam and Jinyoung.

The second van was waiting for Mark,Jackson,Youngjae and Jin Ae.

Jin Ae came into living room seeing her members waiting for her. Jackson was nervously walking through the living room while Mark was barely able to keep this eyes open.

Youngjae was sitting next to him on the sofa playing some of his games. When he finally noticed Jin Ae presence he immediately put his phone away to wake up Mark. Sleepy Mark is kinda cute, Jin Ae thought. After Youngjae woke Mark the four of them walked to the van.

 

Arrived at the hall Jb was already waiting for them.

„ Yah what took you so long , we wanted to go through the program“ JB yelled.

 

„We are here now , arent we ? “ Jin Ae responded him immediately regretting her words. Her mother always told her to think before speaking specially because she tended to be a little bit bold. I should just have said that I sorry but no misses Min has to make leadernim angry , thought Jin Ae. How stupid of me.

JB glared at her and Youngjae let out a “oh oh“.

„I really dont have the nerves to scold you right now , consider yourself lucky“ JB told her.Indeed she and the other three were relieved that JB let it be.They really did not need a conflict before the showcase. Uff , that was close.

 

„ Now , lets go“ JB said and led s to a backstage room.

The final preparation of the show begun. After going through the program of the evening. Got7+ started with their dry rehearsals. Beside of little mistakes the dry rehearsals went well. After a little pause they had to go through audio check and all the rest of technical stuff.

As they finished all of that they finally get ready for the show. Everyone including the staff was backstage for the styling and make up. Jin Ae shared a backstage room with the boys but had a little room in which she could change her clothes.Their concept was denim. Her stylist picked an denim overall for her which was combined with a white crop top underneath. As shoes she picked timberlands. All of the members had elements of white and denim in their outfit.

Jin Ae hair was styled in a messy bun and her make up was kept simple with little focus on her eyes. Her stylists looked at her with proud eyes „ We did some good work on you“ said her stylist while giving the hair stylist a high fives.

„ Thank you , Unnies“ Jin Ae said with a big smile. She liked what she was wearing. She was not the type of girl that dressed up that often. She always wore casual clothes but from time to time she enjoyed it to be different from her usual l style. Especially when it is for stage.

 

Jin Ae hugged her stylists and left to the main room were the boys were. Jinyoung was the first to notice. „ Wow Ji , you look dope“ he told her. At this moment Jackson noticed her. He frowned a little bit and approached her.

„ Dont you think that youre outfit is a little bit to revealing“ He was not completely wrong. Her outfit revealed a little bit of her abdomen and her arms.The rips showed some of the thighs too. It was nothing major especially for stage. Nevertheless Jackson was always strict about these things.

 

"You are overreacting , oppa" she said while shaking her head. But Jackson did not give up like that.

 

" I´m not. You should not walk around like that" he said firmly.

 

" Especially since its so cold outside , Noona“ Yugyeom added.

 

"Not you too" she sighed but he was right it was almost freezing outside. The leader who listened to all of the conversation took a blanket and threw it at Jin Ae.

 

Take this and cover yourself until the showcase. We cant afford you catching a cold“ he said without looking at her. Jin Ae took the blanket and wrapped it around her body. Sometimes she did not understand JB actions. Why does he even care ? Jin Ae asked herself . Surely because he is the leader. Its his job

 

Jin  Ae took place next to Youngjae and pocked him. „ Wow Youngjae i know that you love gaming but dont you think its time to focus“ Youngjae did not even played attention to her.

 

Ji let him do that otherwise he will start practicing his high notes the whole time. Its annoying“ Jinyoung tried to convince the girl. She chuckled. Youngjae vocal exercise were no joke. Everyone hated them.

 

Yeah , i want to take a little nap“ Mark added. Sleeping is all what this guy does. Jin Ae rolled her eyes and let it slide.

 

                                                                                                                               *

Only 5 minutes left until the debut showcase. The members were already on stand by tapping their feet rapidly. The tension could be felt in the air. JB gather them a last  time and gave them some motivating words before going on stage.

The audience already waited passionately  for their idols with their lightssticks. Finally someone appeared on stage. It was Jae from Day6 who accepted to be the MC for the night.

The audience started to cheer.

 

Hello everybody. Its your boy Jae. I will be the Mc for the night“ he started. „ I think we all now why we are here today. Today is the debut of Got7s sub-unit Got7+.I bet a lot of you are curious especially about Jin Ae. She also in eager to see you guys. So now I think I´ve talk enough. Lets welcome Got7+ with for their performance of Teenager. Lets cheer for them“ Got7 decided to perform the ot8 version of Teenager first to set the right mood before revealing their new song.

 

As Jae left the stage the Got7+ members started getting on their position. The audience were screaming some names. The music started and Yugyeom sang his first verse followed by Jinyoung and Youngjae. Jin Ae started to feel more and more nervous. When Youngjae finished his line it was finally her turn.

 

neon nae mamsok gipeun gotkkaji balkyeojweo

yeah baby you driving me crazy 

 

She sang with her smooth voice. She was happy when she heard that the fans still did the fanchants although she was singing. After singing her first lines she felt relieved and she started to focus.

Now they were on the second verse were Jin Ae started to sing Yugyeom famous lines.

 

Da malhaejweo naege If you tell me good girl

eodideun deryeoga julge neol 

 

Jin Ae started to feel more and more free. She even winked during the „good girl“ part. She had one more part in the last chorus and Jackson finished off the song as usual. As the music stopped the members placed next to another and waited for Jb to get started.

Come and get it“ Jb said and the members responded with „ Got7+“. Tyhe decided to use their usual greeting and just to add the "plus" at the end.  They did their move and bowed to the audience. At this moment Jae came next to on stage while the staff prepared chairs for them.

At soon everything was settled the members sat down.

So guys how are you?“ Jae asked. Mark took his mic and spoke „ We are fine just a little nervous“.

 

I love you , Mark“ a fan screamed which made us laugh a little. Mark responded the girl with a finger heart.

 

I can understad that you are nervous you´re about to present your new song to your fans. But before you do that tell us about the new sub-unit and the album“ Jae asked them.

 

JB as leader took the first step „ Yes we are really nervous because seriously we didnt knew how our fans would react to Jin Ae joining us. We had our doubts about the project to“

But after working with Jin Ae we figured out that she blend in really well. I hope that the fans will accept and respect her“ Jinyoung added while looking at his female friend who was looking at the ground . The other members nodded in agreement.

 

Jin Ae-sii what about you it must be hard as only girl“ Jin Ae nodded and took the courage to say something. 

 

Its not easy . I  miss being around girls but the boys are really caring. I always wanted brothers“ when Jin Ae said  that the fans and the members let out a „ aww“ which made Jin Ae.

 

I see you are already comfortable with another“ Jae pointed out. „ Tell us about the album“

 

The album has a nineties RnB vibe. Its called „Addition“. The meaning behind this is that new things or changes often influences our life positively although we tend to get scared about new things .Its kinda related to our situation right now.“ Jackson explained.

 

" When Pd-nim told us about Got7+ we were really scared but now its like a challenge. We look positively into future" Youngjae back up Jacksons explanation.

 

Our title track is called „Last time“. Its about letting go the past and starting something new. We took all part in this song “ Bam Bam added.

 

Interesting , so aghases are you ready to hear the title song ?“ Jae screamed and the crowd responded with loud cheers. Jae left the stage while the members took their position on the stage.

Now was the moment of truth. The music started and Jinyoung started with the first verse along with Yugyeom. After that Jackson followed with a small rap part. Followed by JB who took the bridge part.

It was now Jin Ae and Youngjae part the chorus.

 

I will look back for the last time

I will say that I´m okay

Jin Ae sang.

 

I will image for the last time

No matter how much is the pain

followed by Youngjae

 

For the last time 

both of them sang harmonizing with each other.

 

For the second chorus the did the same thing but instead of Youngjae JB sang the chorus.

After the bridge which contained Mark and Bam Bam rap parts , Jinyoung and Yugyeom took the final chorus

 

I will smile for the first the time

I will say that I´m ready

 

I will hope for the first time

No matter how long it last

 

For the first time.

Yuygeom and Jinyoung harmonized for the last line.

 

After we finished the song the audience cheered. The members bowed and thanked them. Jackson started to pull s in a group hug. It was an important moment.

 

Because this was the real start of Got7+.

 

 

 

 

Author note :

Hey guys , Sorry for updating after such a long time. I was preparing my exams but thankfully they are over now. There are lyrics of Teenager in this chapter. The lyrics for " Last time" are written by me. I planned to wrote the whole song but that was hard. So I had a change of plans and only wrote a simple chorus.

 

Thank you for reading and commenting.