The showcase part 2

GOT7+

After performing their title track they played the whisper challenge. It was a complete catastrophe.The given word was „music video“ but somehow it ended in something completely different.

„Yah“ Jinyoung yelled at BamBam „ How is this mustard bread ?“ Bam Bam hid himself behind of the Jackson. Does this word even exists ?

 

„ Hyung , let him alone he is an foreigner“ Jackson protected Bam Bam. The other members-excluding Mark – were surprised. He is using this card again Jinyoung thought. The fans could not hold their laughter watching the scene.

 

„Hey Oppa , he knows the language well that is no excuse“ Jin Ae tried to safe the Korean members.

 

„ Still , such a game is hard for an non -korean“ Mark said which surprised the members even more. It was nothing new for Bam Bam and Jackson to use the „ foreigner card“ but Mark agreeing with them on this topic was something new. Unable to respond to Mark comment Got7+ carried on the punishment. It was aegyo. Something that not only the boys hated but also Jin Ae. It was not only the fact that the had to do it themselves but also the fact to see their members doing something this cringey.

They decided to do the „ I had a dream“ aegyo. It was a disaster for the members but entertaining for the fans. After Jin Ae did her aegyo Jackson who was sitting next to her told her to never do it again. Jin Ae pouted at his remark.

 

                                                                                                            *

„Wow that was amazing“ Jin Ae said after the showcase. The feeling on the stage gave her so much energy. She was happy to finally perform on stage in front of so many people. All her worries were washed away at this one moment. The only thing she wanted to  was to stand on stage again.

 

„ You did well , Noona“ Youngjae told her. Jin Ae looked gratefully at him. Their were now backstage getting ready to went out eating to celebrate their first showcase as GOT7+. Although people would think that Jin Ae would take the most time to get herself ready she and Youngjae were the first one to get ready.

 

„ Aren´t the others ready ?“ Jin Ae asked her member. They had an reservation at the barbeque place they could not effort it to be late. On top of   that Jin Ae was really hungry.

 

„ No , but they should be ready in a minute“ he responded her. Just like he said a little bit later their members arrived at their backstage room but their was no sight of Bam Bam. It was normal for Bam Bam to take a long time. His love for fashion was not a secret.

 

„Where is Bam Bam ?“ JB asked annoyed looking at s for an answer. At his very moment Bam Bam came out from the dressing room. Completely styled.

 

„ I thought we shouldn´t draw the attention to us ?“ Jin Ae asked a little bit confused. It was first time for her to go out eating as a whole group. She was dressed in ripped jeans and a oversized sweatshirt. She tired to look natural like her other members excluding Bam Bam.

 

„ We should“ Jinyoung said „ But you cant stop this guy“ Everyone agreed and started to gather their things. The members were excited to eat out. It had been a long time since they prepared their comeback. They knew that they had a whole promotion a head of them but they were happy that they finally get through the showcase revealing GOT7+ to the world. They were also happy that was no incident because of Jin Ae addition.

 

„ I´ve to admit I kinda like this arrangement. Everything worked out.“ Jackson said as they were waiting for their food. Jin Ae was happy when she heard that. She felt like that she was useful to the group and he was right GOT7+ worked out really well better than they even expected.

 

„ Don´t be happy to soon. I feel like this is too easy. I feel like something bad is coming“ JB said skeptically. The leader wanted to be realistic. He was fully aware that the showcase went really well. Still they had a lot a head of them. He knew that there were people who did not wanted Jin Ae in their group. He was sure that that would create an issue later. Especially since she was added 4 years after their debut.

 

„ Thank you for your positive vibes, leadernim“ the female member responded sarcastically. Jin Ae almost forget the hate she already received and the ones she could possibly receive

 

„ I´m just being realistic“

 

„No, You are just being rude“ she fired back glaring at him but he was not intimidated. He glared back trying to get the upper hand. Everyone stayed silent afraid that a comment could make this into a bigger argument. Jin Ae only lived with them for a little time but all of them knew that she was as stubborn as Jaebum. It was better for them to resolve their issue by themselves.

 

„I´m just doing my job here“ JB stated trying to play the “ I am the leader“ card but Jin Ae was not impressed. Why couldn´t he say something like „Lets continue to work hard“ she thought.

 

„ Well, seems like you arent doing it well“ She said ready to fight him. Jinyoung could not watch it anymore. If this continues like this they will kill each other sooner or later  he thought. He took a deep breath and thought of what he could say without taking sides.

 

„There will be some hardships but we will work hard to overcome them“ he said „ TOGETHER“ now looking at both of s. Jin Ae seemed like she wanted to say something but Jinyoung glare told her not to. Both of them let it go and focused on their food.

 

„Noona I will make you a wrap“ Yugyeom made a wrap and put it in .

 

„Thanks“ she said while chewing her food.

Unbelievable her teammates thought.

 

„ You should eat first before responding young lady“ Mark scolded her. Jin Ae cringed. It felt like her dad would scold her. She just nodded and continued to eat. She was so focused that she did not heard what her members were talking about.

 

                                                                                                      *

 

The next morning the boys already sat in the kitchen eating their breakfast. They had not much schedule for the day. Just a little bit of practice for the upcoming music show stage. Since it was their last “free“ day before their actual promotion they wanted to take it easy. So the previous day they decided to take their breakfast together. It was something they rarely did.

 

„ Why did we not wake Noona?“ the maknae asked his hyungs. The boys were eating without their female member.

 

„ I tried. She was throwing things at me“ Jinyoung said. They all knew that Jin Ae was not a morning person but still they manged to wake her today was somehow different.

 

„Haha hyung you still look scared of her“ Youngjae laughed. Although it was very funny to see Jinyoung dodging various things they were relieved that he was not hurt or anything.

 

„ Maybe we should wake her now“ JB suggested looking at Jackson. Jackson noticed and formed a X with his arms.

 

„No. Never. I want to live“

 

„ I think you are exaggerating, hyung“ Bam Bam said to his overdramatic hyung.

 

„ Then go ahead and wake her“ his hyung told him. The boys discussed back and forth who should wake her until Mark broke something to them.

 

„No need to argue I just heard how she went into the bathroom"

Everyone stopped arguing and focused back on their food. After a little moment of silence the boys started to chat. They talked about their plans for the day. Suddenly they heard a loud scream from the bathroom. The boys looked at another confused. Before they could react they heard another scream. Jinyoung jumped from his chair running right to the bathroom door followed by s. Jinyoung knocked at the door.

 

„Jin Ae, are you okay ?“ he asked worried. None of them knew what was going on. There was only the sound of Jin Ae cursing.

 

„Yah, Ji what´s wrong?“

 

Nothing.

 

The boys began to panic. They looked at one another not knowing what they should do. Then JB stepped forward.

 

„ Jin Ae, I will break the door if you dont tell us what is going on“ JB said firm ready to do so.

 

„Wait“ they heard her say „ Is Mark there ?“ The boys were confused why she asked for Mark. Nevertheless they did not ask and Mark told her that he was indeed there.

 

„Okay, Mark stays. Everyone else go !“ She explained. The boys protested but Mark told them that he would handle the situation. With mixed feelings the boys left. Waiting in the living room the boys spoke about Jin Aes odd behavior. After a while Mark came into the living room. All eyes were on him.

 

„Dont worry Jin Ae is okay“ he assured s. „When does Manager Noona wanted to come?“ he asked JB.

 

„ Right before practice. Why?“

 

„Just asking. I´m going out for a while“ Mark prepared his things to go out.

 

„Yah, Mark what is happening?“ Jinyoung asked slowly getting annoyed.

 

„ Hmmm , girsl problem“ Mark said „ I´m getting some things for Jin Ae“ leaving for the store. In this moment everyone except Bam Bam understood what was going on. This explained her odd behavior.

 

„ What does he means ?“ Bam Bam asked his hyungs very confused. Youngjae told him that Jin Ae was on her period and that this must have been the reason for her strange behaviour. And the boys were right. When she woke up she realized that she was on her period. Not having any sanitary towels she closed herself in the bathroom not knowing what to do. When the boys knocked on the bathroom door she realized that she had to sent one of the boys to buy her sanitary towels. The only thing she had to do is think about who she should sent. There was only one possiblity : Mark. Mark has an older sister and he was calm and did not speak to much. She knew she could trust him with such an request. She knew that he could handle the situation without any problems so she asked Mark.

 

After some time Mark came back with a bag full of sanitary towels and snacks. Mark learnt from Jin Ae that she was always on the edge when she was on her period. Only sweet things could calm her so he decided to buy her some sweets. He  gave the pads to Jin Ae who was still in the bathroom. She took a shower after Mark left. When she came out from the bathroom she seemed much more relaxed.In the living room the boys were monitoring the video of the showcase.

„ Hey boys, sorry for making you guys worry. I tend to freak out at my time of the months“ Jin Ae bowed and apologized.

 

„Dont worry Jin Ae , I brought you some snacks to calm your nerves“ Mark laughed and pointed at the kitchen table. Jin Ae jumped in joy running into the kitchen.

 

 

                                                                                                        *

 

The day after, it was Friday , the day they would perform at their first music show as unit. They woke up early in the morning to go to the pre-recording. Jin Ae felt much better since she had her snacks. It was much more relaxing that the boys knew what was going so they knew that they should not annoy her.

They members sat in the van with the same arrangement like the day of the showcase.

 

„ We are charting pretty well and we have 12 Million views on Youtube“ Jackson told the others.

 

„ Wow this is better way better than we expected“ Mark said „ How is the reaction to Jin Ae ?“

 

„ Its mixed“

Jin Ae did not even read trough the comments anymore. She wanted to keep her positive image she had from the showcase. It gave her much energy to keep going. Her members also tried to keep her away from negativity but their leader had an other opinion he thought that she should should face this people and prove them wrong. It was only matter of time that she would have to confront them. They could not protect her forever.

 

When they arrived at the broadcast station their manager told them to go out carefully and to join their other members who also just arrived. As soon they get out from the car they could hear loud scream. They joined their other members and they did their greeting. After the greeted their fans waiting outside and took photos they went inside. Jin Ae heard people screaming „ SHE SHOULD LEAVE“ and „ WE WANT GOT7 BACK“. She tried to ignore the comments but passing some fans  someone grab her and said „ Leave my oppas alone“. She was scared and other fans tried to help her but the girl who grab her was with her group of friends who stop everyone from helping Jin Ae. It was choatic. Almost all of her members already went inside. Jin Ae had took her time since she was amazed and now she was alone.In the hand of this crazy girl

 

„ Please let me go“ Jin Ae begged. „ Never . First leave the group“ the girl screamed.

Fans were screaming for the attention of the members or the staff. It only happened in a matter of minutes but for Jin Ae it felt like an eternity. Finally JB noticed the chaos not wasting any time calling for some staff. He and the staff ran to the Jin Ae and released her from the girl while the staff stook care of the girl and her friends.

 

Jin Ae looked embarrassed and scared she tried to avoid any eyes. She was shaking. She never thought that people would go that far. She could not believe that this actually happened. JB felt that Jin Ae was shaking. When he saw what happened he was shocked. He knew that something would happen but he never guessed that it would be so extreme. He took her in his arms and guided her inside to their waiting room, The boys were already waiting impatiently. They only were informed after they arrived in their waiting room. They wanted to go back out when the heard the news but their manager stop them .When the two followed by their other manager arrived at the waiting room. The boys jumped from their seats asking Jin Ae if she is okay.

 

„ Guys , one after the other. She still in shock“ JB told them. Jin Ae was not even following what their were saying she still in shock. JB placed her on a chair and Jinyoung approached her.

 

„ Jin Ae, listen to me“ he told her gently „ I know you are in deep shock right know but we need you today. Prove them that they cant break you. Do you hear me ?“ Jin Ae tried to follow Jinyoung words but it was hard. Unexpected JB kneeled down and looked her in the eyes and said „ I´m sorry“ Jin Ae said nothing but she saw how sorry her leader was.

 

„I am sorry for not being able to protect you. Me as leader should protect s but I noticed it to late and let this happen. I promise you this will never ever happen again. We, your members, will be at your side no matter what. So come with us on stage and prove everyone wrong“

 

Jin Ae was moved by Jbs words. JB was not the type of guy who said sorry to much . He seemed sincere and deeply worried. He apologized for something that was out of his control. All of that happened so fast that no one could react so fast to stop it especially since security was not that tight. It happened. Jinyoung and JB were right. She had to prove that this antis could not break her.

In Addition to that she could not just let her members down. Although things had been awkward her members showed her that they deeply cared for her.

 

Jin Ae finally stood up and said „ Lets rock this stage“

The sunshine of the group Youngjae ran to Jin Ae hugged her and all of the members joined him and it became a group hug.

 

For the first time Jin Ae could feel it. They were not only teammates but also a family.