From 7 to 8

GOT7+

„ I can´t believe this . Earlier you were dancing just right.What is wrong with you ? “ JB almost screamed.

They went trough the song a few times vocally and to their surprise Jin Ae voice fit Got 7 perfectly.It gave them all hope that things would turn out alright. However their hopes were shattered very quickly.They now did the dance routine for the seventh time and Jin Ae kept messing up. She was not used to dance with a group. She was formerly trained to debut as solo artist but after she was recruited by JYP she started to train to be in a group. She clearly learning fast but she still had problems adjusting into a group. The steps were not a problem it was more the formation that troubled her.That was why she was better in freestyle dance or dancing alone.

All of the members were frustrated and started to get annoyed. Especially the leader could not deal with the situation anymore maybe because he got his hope up to early. He was impressed from her freestyle dance before enough to make his worries disappear. Now they had gone trough the dance so many time and it still did not work out the way he wanted it to work out.

„ Seriously ? What is wrong ?“ he asked her. Jin Ae was also frustrated. She did not want to put the boys behind especially not right at the beginning.

„ I dont know , I am not used with all this formation stuff“ Jin Ae responded with head down. The boys looked her with confusion in their face.

„ What are you talking about ? You said you trained for 5 years .“ Jackson slightly confused. The others were interested in Jin Ae answer as well.

„ Yes but I´ve been at JYP for only 9 months“ she answered. The eyes of the boys widened . 9 months ? How could their boss put her in their group when she only trained at JYP for 9 months ?

„ It was planned to debut me as an solo artist at my old company but things changed when JYP recruited me. Until a few months i didn't know if I would debut as solo act or in a group. I am sorry for lacking in group work but I will work harder to keep up with you guys“ Jin Ae said as she bowed to apologize.

„ I hope that for you“ JB mumbled slightly annoyed. He was clearly stressed about this situation. It was his responsibility and all of this seemed hopeless.

„ Don't stress yourself , I haven't trained for long as well so I understand you“ Youngjae said with a smile on his face as he passed her. Jin Ae also responded with a light smile on her face.

„ Okay enough talking , we have a lot of work ahead of us“ the leader said and everyone stood up to made themselves ready. Yugyeom hit the play button and they started their dance routine once again.

 

                                                                                                                             *

They went home after practicing until the got trough the dance routine without any major mistakes. It was not perfect but it was a solid beginning if they kept practicing like that they would finish the Teenager performance early and focus on their new song. All of them were exhausted and almost all of  them went into their rooms to rest a little bit.Only Jinyoung stayed in the kitchen to clean the kitchen that they have left dirty after the breakfast. Jin Ae who was still in the living room noticed that he was somehow struggling with the dirty kitchen. Should I help him ? she thought. It would be the perfect way to get closer to him .She thought that Jinyoung was the easiest to approach since their birthdays were near to another. She let out a deep sigh as she approached him.

„ Can I help you ?“

Jinyoung look up from the dishes slightly surprised as Jin Ae asked him.

„ Ehm sure , can you dry these please“ Jinyoung asked her and handed her the towel. She took it and started to dry the dishes. There was a awkward silence between them for a while. Neither of them dared to say something. They just did their designated work. After washing some dishes he sighed and took the initiative to speak.

„ Don't stress yourself Jin Ae“

„ How can I not Jinyoung? I want this for so long , I trained for 5 years and now there is GOT7 involved. Do you know what I mean ? Its not only about my career but also about GOT7 career. I don't want to be a burden.“ she answered with head down. She did not even wanted to mention her fear of the possible hate she could receive from the fans. One problem after the other Jin Ae thought.

Jinyoung looked her straight in the eye and tried to comfort her to with a warm smile. „ Yes its not easy but your are not burden. Its more like a challenge for you and for us“

„ I don't know if the other members feel the same way. They seemed really annoyed today , especially Jaebum-ssi“

Jinyoung laughed little which made Jin Ae frown. There was nothing to laugh about. She was telling him her worries and he was laughing.

„ Don't frown like that you will get wrinkles“  He laughed more and Jin Ae slightly hit him on his arm. 

„ Aua , I think you have some anger issues“ he said while trying to contain his laughter while Jin Ae was rolling her eyes. „ So back to our little problem , the boys will need some time to deal with this , the maknae line shouldn't be a problem but the hyung line is really hard to crack. At least you have me on your side. So trust me when I´m saying that they will open up to you“

„ Thank you Jinyoung“ she said „ I wanted to help you with the kitchen but instead of that I distracted you“ she and Jinyoung laughed a little bit.

They continued to clean the kitchen while speaking about trivial things. Somehow Jin Ae felt eased by the conversation with Jinyoung. He reminded her keep on working hard and to keep on going .She knew that other members would need some time but at least she was not alone anymore.

 

                                                                                                                    *

GOT7+ was back at the dance studio to practice their song. It was much better than the previous day and Jin Ae seemed to fit in much better.It was still not perfect but with a little more practice they would nail it.The hyung line seemed still distant but the maknae line had quickly forgot the anger of the previous day and opened up to Jin Ae.

„ Noona , you´re doing well today. Do you need something to drink ? I will be getting something for everyone“ Yugyeom asked her with a bright smile on his face.     Jin Ae nodded thankful at the fact that he had thought of her.

While Yugyeom went out to get the drinks the others rested , keeping themselves busy with their phone. Jin Ae had a phone but she never took it with her to practice. She felt like it would distract her from valuable practice time. So she sat their starring into the mirror of their practice room , mentally going through the dance routine while summing the song. Suddenly she saw something through the mirror. It was JB walking straight into her direction. He stopped in front of her , looking at her.

„ Lets do it“ he simply said without any emotion in his voice.

„ Lets do what ?“ Jin Ae looked at him suspiciously. What could these two even do together ? They did not even seem to get along.

„ Don't get any wrong ideas“ he said „ You were going through to the dance routine , I assume ?“ How did he even know ? „ Lets go through it together. Stand up“

JB had a way to make even an offer into an order. He had this aura around him that Jin Ae could not describe. No wonder that he was the leader. He had this little something. Although Jin Ae was stubborn and although she wanted to oppose him the way she did when she went grocery shopping , she decided to listen to him this time. It was for her best anyway. She was perfectionist. A little help from the leader would not hurt her. Maybe it was also a way to prove herself to him and get closer to him. They were a team now that tension between the two of them was surely not healthy for the group progress.

 

After Jin Ae stoop up JB started to help her with the fineness until Yugyeom came back with the drinks.

 

                                                                                                                                      *

The next days of preparation went well. They manged to do the Teenager performance perfectly and to show it to JYP. He was impressed and was reinforced that his decision was the right decision. He gave them their new song called „ Last time“ which was a  old school RnB song with strong vocals and rap parts. A new song meant a lot of work for a little bit less than 2 months. Session in the music studio, music video shooting , dance practices and the whole promotional stuff. It was tiring but GOT7+ did their best.

Not only the“debut“ preparation went well but also Jin Ae relationship to the members seemed to improve. She especially grew close to Jinyoung who comforted her and the maknaes who always made her laugh. She was still awkward with Mark and Jackson but it was definitely better then in the beginning. She was not really sure what to thing about JB , he was somehow scary but Jin Ae could she how much he cared for his teammates. The only thing she could not figure out if this included her.

She assumed she had to figure out with the time.

„ Guys , look at it“ Youngjae suddenly screamed in front of the computer. We just came back from our photo shoot for the album. Everyone was getting ready for bed only Youngjae decided to play one of his games on the computer. Even though all the members were tired to dead they decided to gather around him.

„ Youngjae , what is it ?“ a sleepy Mark asked him really annoyed. All members knew that it was better not to annoy Mark when he is sleepy. Which meant Youngjae gathering s was about something urgent. Everyone looked curiously at him waiting for him to answer but Youngjae just pointed at the screen. Everyone looked at it.

„ Hey I cant see it. Yugyeom is blocking the view“ Jackon yelled while shuffling Yugyeom to the back now seeing what Youngjae tried to show them. It was an article

[ BREAKING NEWS : Got7s new sub-unit making their debut in early march ! With new member. 

IGOT7 also know as Aghases are confused after the latest official statement of JYP Entertainment about a new sub-unit of GOT7 debuting in early march. In this statement JYP explained that " GOT7s next comeback will be the debut of their new sub- unit which was created at the end of the last year. For this unit we recruited a new trainee who will promote with them as GOT7+ ".  According JYP the new member identity will be released in the promotional photo during the countdown to the MV release. IGOT7 are now fearing the end of GOT7 but JYP made clear that " GOT7+ is only a sub unit. GOT7 will continue to promote as usual ".                                                                                                                                                                                                     Some fans are still concerned about the future of GOT7. Others are already discussing the identity of the new nember.One thing is sure the Media and fans are expectant of what JYP and GOT7+ have prepared for us.

We will inform you when further information are given to us. ]

 

I am sure they will be shocked if we reveal Jin Ae´s identity“ Jackson mumbled. Thank you for your obvious conclusion Sherlock , Jin Ae thought.

That for sure“ JB added while looking at Jin Ae „That is why you need to need to keep it low. We cannot afford people seeing you at the dorm or with us. I hope I made myself clear“

Crystal clear“ Jin Ae said  in a sarcastic tone which made JB glare at her. Jin Ae already knew that she need to be careful. She was the type of person who hated when people told her what she should do. Nevertheless he was right. She needed to be careful. For now the responses were more positive then they thought but how would the atmosphere change when her identity was revealed to the public !?. Jin Ae did not want to push her luck by revealing herself earlier than planned.

 

Like everyone else she had to wait until that day.