Prologue : The Meeting

GOT7+

Like usual the members of GOT7 were at their practice room. They were there since the morning practicing their dance routines for one of their upcoming performance at a year-end show. It been already 5 hours and the members motivation was already sinking.

Hyung , can´t we stop here for today ? “ Bam Bam asked his leader and it seems like everyone had the same question that nobody dared to ask until now. Everyone knew that especially JB liked to lose track of time when he was engaged in his work and like all of them expected they got the answer that fit well with his character trade.

Let`s do this a last time than we can stop for today and return to the dorm“ JB answered and could hear sighing and groaning. Lately they had not time to rest since their had so many activities near the end of the year.

Guys stop complaining so we can start and go home faster.“ Everyone obeyed and got in his position.It was clear that all of the members worked extra hard so would not make another mistake.They knew that this was the fastest way to go home.                                                                                    They finished their practice successfully and were getting ready to go home as their manager entered the practice room.

Are you guys finished ?“ he asked

Yes Jaebum-hyung wanted to call you just now“ Youngjae explained. „ We really want to go home“ he added.

I´m afraid but I don't think that you can go home“ their manager said. GOT7 seemed really annoyed and started to mumble how tired they were and how badly they wanted to go home they were so annoyed that the didn't even asked why they could not. After some discussions JB finally asked why and their manager told them that JYP wanted to meet them since he had something important to tell them. He told them to make themselves ready since they could not go in there all sweaty.

 

                                                                                                                                       *

 

After they had cleaned themselves up the sat in the conference room waiting for JYP. Tension arose in the room since nobody knew what exactly was happening. Even their manager was not informed what the meeting was about all he knew was that he had to take the kids to the conference room.

Hyung , do you really don't know what this is about ?“ their manager told Jackson that he really do not know which was making the members even more nervous. Especially the maknaes of the group were discussing with one another what the purpose of the meeting could be while the older ones tried to think positively.

Right at this moment JYP and his team entered the room.The boys and their manager stood up and bowed at them. After JYP and his team sat down the rest did the same.

I think all of you are questing why I wanted to talk to you , am I right ?“ JYP said and everyone nodded.

To be honest , me and my team want to start an experiment and since you guys are stable now we thought that it was time for change and taking risk“ he continued.

Instead of answers the boys of GOT7 seemed even more confused. They all looked at JB to say something he immediately understood them and acted on it.

We don't really understand what you want to tell us by this“ he said.

We will be adding a new member to GOT7-“ a loud „What?“ interrupted their boss. The members were obviously shocked and tried to process what was happening as JYP proceeded.

A trainee will form a sub-unit with you guys. You guys will stay as GOT7 with 7 members.“

So this will be a one time thing?“ Jinyoung asked little bit relieved but it was to early to be relieved.

No , this will be frequent“

JYP explained that they will continue to promote as GOT7 but from time to time they would promote as GOT7+ which was the name of their new sub-unit.

The JYP team had decided that at their next mini album they would promote as GOT7+ to introduce the new member to the public. The new member would also life with them in the dorm and at the times where boys would promote as GOT7 the trainee would do some solo activities.

The boys weren't really happy about it and tried to convince their boss that this could be a bad decision but JYPs team insisted. After almost an hour of discussion the boys gave up. Even Bam Bam who previously convinced their boss to not use the famous „JYP“ whisper for their song Never Ever gave up.

So I think it I´ve been clear... You will start the prepartion after new year“ JYP said „ Since you will be busy the next weeks I wanted to introduce the new member to you today and give you guys a moment to have your first meeting so you can immendiately start working together after new year. I want you guys to be open minded about it and I want you guys to be professional about it. Understood ?“ The GOT7 members nodded timidly.

JYP asked one of his assistants to bring the trainee in. Even though the boys did not really liked the whole GOT7+ thing they were curious what kind of person the new trainee would be. Would he fit in GOT7 ? How good was he and would he be able to keep up with the members ? Would they like him? Would he like them?

5 minute had passed as someone finally had open they door . Everyone eyes were fixed on the door as the assistant entered the room with the trainee. Suddenly the eyes of the boys and their manager began to widen.

A GIRL ?“ JB almost screamed „ This most be a dream“ Mark said while Jackson was hitting himself to see if this was real . Jinyoung who was famous for his sharp remarks was unusually quiet and the maknae line was once again discussing with one another.

Meanwhile the girl stood in front of them bowed „ Hello I am Min Jin Ae , nice to meet you“ It took them a time to react to the girl greeting. They scanned the girl carefully , she had long brown hair tied in a ponytail. She was wearing training clothes it seemed like she came from training. She was as tall as Jackson and she seemed to be really sporty. They tried to figure out more but were stopped by their manager who told them to greet the girl.

 

                                                                                                                                          *

 

After they greeted the girl everyone but the boys left the room. They wanted to them to get to know each other since the would be a team soon.

Right after everyone left JB took the initiative and asked the girl : „ Did you know about this ?“ Jin Ae shook her head.

No I was told today morning the last weeks they just told me that I was ready to make my debut but I didn't know that it will be like this . Even though I am not happy with it I´am trying my best and I hope we can work peacefully. I really want to debut even if it is like this“ she said and looked in everyone eyes waiting for a reaction but everyone seemed to look down avoiding eye contact with the girl. They realized that it was not only them how struggled with the new arrangement but also Jin Ae

The air was filled with tension for a moment everyone seemed to understand that this was real and that they will work and life together. Ever single of them seemed to be lost in their thoughts. Until GOT7 official mood maker broke the ice.

Hmm Jin Ae – sii how old are you ?“ Jin Ae looked at Jackson surprised that he had overcome himself to ask her.

I was born in late 94 and you can call me Jin Ae , sunbae“ She said and Jackson nodded.

When will you move into the dorm ?“ JB asked her and he found out that she would move in at the beginning of the new year.

Noona , ofr how long have you been a trainee“ the maknae asked. Everyone looked surprised at Yugyeom for calling Jin Ae Noona so fast .

For 5 years but I have started somewhere else“ Jin Ae replied shortly as she looked at her watch „ I ´ve training now we will see each other next year“ she bowed and than went to her training. After Jin Ae has left the guys looked at each other silently.

Wow that is a lot to take in“ the other could hear Youngjae whisper. „ Why do I have the feeling that it will be hard“ Jinyoung added.

Jackson looked at JB who seemed to be lost in his thoughts again „ Hyung what do you think about all this?“

I don't know. Lets go to the dorm first we can discuss it their“ JB said.

 

With that the boys went home not knowing what will awaited them soon.