- FIVE -

The Law Of Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Obviously, Namjoon had been right with what he said about „melting into the crowd“, because it was actually pretty easy to reach your destination without being noticed. Almost too easy. You and Jimin had took many different metros and buses and put up with a huge detour, all to make sure to not get caught. But by now, you doubted it had even been necessary. You even managed to buy and eat a cup of ramyun from a convenient store in Itaewon without gaining any unwanted attention.

The sun had already set when you arrived at Sinchon station. “It’s just 7:50 now.” Jimin said, while you were exiting the building. Luckily he had one, otherwise it would’ve been pretty annoying to always search for possibilities to check on the time. “It’s only about 15 minutes to walk to the Karaoke bar, so what shall we do in the meantime?”

“Hmm, I don’t know. Are you hungry?” You shrugged your shoulders.

“Nah, not really. Are you?”

“Me neither.” You sighed. “Then, maybe, let’s just walk around for a bit?”

“Sure, why not.” He agreed and you two made your way to a little less crowded area of the district.

After the first few minutes, when you were both remaining silent, the atmosphere kind of brightened up. You talked about trivial stuff, like your dates of birth, discovering that Jimin was older by one year, the schools you went to, the music you liked and so on. You had to confess, it was actually really nice to get to know Jimin a bit better. He wasn’t just good-looking, his personality seemed to be interesting and kind as well. You had been able to get a few glimpses on it before, but now it was shining all the way through.

“Omo, we only got five minutes left, until we’re supposed to meet the others.” Jimin suddenly realized. How did the time pass this quick? “Come on, this way! Let’s hurry up!” He took your hand and led you into his desired direction. You took a look at your intertwined hands, why was it feeling strange all of the sudden? You had been walking around like this several times already, but now it was making you feel weird. Instead of thinking about this further, you decided to concentrate on your way.

About ten minutes later, the two of you came to a halt in front of an old-looking building in a dimly lit side street. “This is it.” Jimin panted. He took a deep breath, as if to calm himself down. “Let’s go inside!”

Indeed, the elderly woman in the front room didn’t even asked for your ID cards or anything. Jimin told her, that you wanted to meet two other friends and asked, if someone was already there, who had mentioned something similar.

“Oh yeah, your friends just arrived a bit earlier.” She said tiredly. “I send them to room number five. Go ahead, they already paid.”

You thanked the old lady and made your way to the singing rooms in the basement. To your surprise, there was music coming from several rooms down there. You hadn’t thought, that a lot of people would actually come to a place like this, but you’ve been proven wrong.

Arrived in front of room number five, Jimin carefully and slowly opened the door. Jay Park’s “Me Like Yuh” was now clearly hearable from inside the room. Jimin peered to the tiny gap, but quickly opened the door completely, when he had spotted his friends. He pulled you inside with him and you rapidly closed the door behind you again.

“Jimin!” You heard two male voices shouting before you turned around and saw the three guys greeting and hugging each other.

“God, I’m sooo glad to see you guys!” Jimin joyfully told them. He hugged the black-haired boy again and squeezed him, when the other guy’s attention suddenly fell on you. The tall blonde’s smile faded and was replaced by a dark frown. You gulped, not knowing what this was about, but raised you hand to introduce yourself first.

“Hello, I’m Moon Nari. Nice to –“You weren’t even able to finish your sentence, when the young man was storming towards you and pushed your back against the door behind you in a split second. One of his hands was firmly gripping onto your shoulder, while the other one was around the wrist of your hand that you had held up to greet him.

“I know your ing name and I know, who you are!” He growled down at you. “I know everything, thanks to the media. But what I don’t know is, what’s your part in this goddamn game, huh?”

“I… I don’t… What…?” You stuttered, unable to answer properly. You stared at him with wide eyes, shocked and scared at the same time. What was going on with him? Was he accusing you of something?

“I asked you something!” He was now yelling at you and his grip on you tightened, slightly hurting you. “You’re one of them, aren’t you? You planned this! But why? Who extracts advantages from all these lies, huh?”

Suddenly, the guy in front of you was forcefully pulled backwards.

“Hyung! What the hell are you doing? You’re hurting her!” Jimin hissed at him, protectively shoving his body between you and his friend. “She’s a victim just like you and me.”

“Ha, you really believe that?” You couldn’t see the guy’s face anymore, due to Jimin, but his voice was still loaded with anger. “Did you know that she’s part of that motherin law company, which is mostly responsible for our situation?”

“Yes, I know that. She told me everything she know and-“ Jimin defended you.

“And you’re still believing that she’s innocent? God, Jimin! Wake up! She probably knows way more than she told you. Why else should someone like her be here with you, with us, if it’s not also part of their sick plan.”

“Namjoon Hyung, please listen to me.” Jimin’s voice was soft and calm. “I highly respect you, but in this case, I think you’re mistaken. First of all, if it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be here but in jail. Secondly, she really told me everything she knows and she only found out about this fraud moments before the police stormed into the fan meet. She could’ve just ignored it and went on with her life, but she decided to help me escape and get involved. Let’s sit down, we’re telling you everything we know, okay? Earlier today, I asked her to trust you, because I’m trusting you, and she agreed. Now I am asking you to do the same please.”

No one said a word for a few moments, but then the third guy, obviously Jungkook, suddenly spoke up. “Hyung, we at least owe her a chance to explain everything, right? She helped Jiminie Hyung a lot.”

“Fine!” Namjoon sighed. “If you trust her this much, Jimin, I’ll give it a try.”

Jimin, again, took your hand and led you to the table. You sat down beside him and across from Namjoon, whose eyes were still fixed on you. You brushed your hand over your wris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter