- ONE -

The Law Of Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„Eonni?"

„Hm?" you smiled down to your six year old sister, who was nervously shifting around in her seat.

"Do you think they will like my presents?" she looked up at you, her big eyes full of concern.

"Oh Jiyoon," you softly patted her head. "Of course, they will love them. Your drawings are so beautiful, I'm sure they are the best gifts these boys are getting today!"

The little girls eyes widened and a bright smile grew on her face. "Really, you think so, Eonni? Even Jimin Oppa? I like him soooo much, so I really, really, really hope he likes my picture."

"He will, don't worry, honey!" you assured her again, when your conversation came to an abrupt end as seven young men entered the room and the crowd around you became completely crazy. Including your little sister, who had become a squealing and jumping mess beside you.

You rolled your eyes secretly, not really in annoyance, more in amusement. Seeing Jiyoon this excited was really cute, you loved her being so happy. And you had to admit, you haven't been too averse to your sibling to this fan meeting event. Those guys were actually pretty cool, their music was catchy and they were handsome, but you were far from being a crazy fan girl. Not that you were judging them, you were simply way too busy with your studies and you job in one of Seoul's biggest law offices.

"Eonni! Eonni! Eonni! When can we go up there?" Jiyoon was pulling on your sleeve as strong as her tiny arms were allowing it.

"You gotta be a little patient, sweetheart! We're sitting in the last row and we have to wait until all these other people had been up there." She was pouting and crossed her little arms, which only made you chuckle about her cuteness.

As the fan meeting went on, you checked your phone. You had some messages from work and decided to better check on them, in case it might was something important and since you had to wait anyway. A heavy sigh escaped your lips.

"What's wrong?" Jiyoon asked, without really paying attention to your answer.

"Nothing, it's just that I got some messages from the office, telling me to go there later and also to start work an hour earlier tomorrow. Seems like something has happened."

Recently, almost the whole office seemed to have worked for only one highly important client and one top-secret case. You didn't really know any details, but it must be something huge, that was for sure. When you were certifying some documents a while ago and felt something suspicious about them, you asked one of the junior bosses about it and almost got fired for it. Afterwards you decided to not dig any deeper and risk that job, that you needed so much.

The hall got emptier as the time passed. When a little more than half of the fans already got to see their favorite idols, your sister suddenly got super excited. "Eonni!!! Look, Jimin is coming our way!! Eonniiii!" You looked up and to your surprise, you really saw a young man with light brown hair walking down the hall. He was waving at the fans and giving high-fives while passing the crowd.

"Jimin Oppa!" Jiyoon almost screamed when he passed the two of you. The young man stopped and smiled at your little sister, before kneeling down in front of her.

"Hey little lady!" he patted her head and she joyfully squealed. "What's your name?"

"I'm Moon Jiyoon and I'm so happy to meet you, Oppa!" she replied cutely.

"Oh, I'm very happy to meet you too, Moon Jiyoon. But you're hopefully not alone here, are you?" His sorrow seemed to be so honest that it was kind of touching.

"No, of course not. My Eonni came with me." She turned around and pointed her finger at you. "Hi!" you mouthed and waved at him quickly.

"Hi, nice to meet you" he gave you a kind smile.

"My Eonni is really pretty, isn't she? And very smart, she is going to be a lawyer soon." Jiyoon blurted out. You felt your cheeks heating up a bit, but luckily, Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter