- THREE -

The Law Of Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minutes passed, as you just sat there, staring holes into the crumbly floor. Neither of you said a word, nor did you look at each other.

"She will be fine." Jimin suddenly whispered.

"I know." Your voice was trembling and you didn't even believe your own words right now. But if you wanted everything to get solved as soon as possible, you needed to come up with a plan.

A sudden wave of nervousness washed over you.

" Jimin-ssi, where is your phone?" Now that the situation got at least a bit calmer, you reminded yourself of your manners and spoke to him in a more formal way. "I think we should get rid of it. Otherwise they might track you down through it."

You looked up at him, but he wasn't returning your gaze. Instead, he just kept looking down, while replying in a thin, distressed voice. "It's still on the table in the fan-meeting hall. So no need to worry about it."

"Oh... Alright." You rummaged around your bag, as you continued talking. "I think it's best to go to my apartment first. I doubt that they know, who I am, or that they even care about it for now. It's just a studio flat, but we can rest for a while and think about, what to do next. Maybe we could also find out about the other BTS members and the current situation in the news. What do you think?" No answer, he just shrugged his shoulders. You pulled a black facemask out of your purse and handed it to him. "You better cover your mouth and nose with it. I have sunglasses, too, but I think wearing them at night would make you look too suspicious. You know... Maybe it would also be better to leave this... flashy jacket behind." The brightly patterned leather jacket, that he was wearing above his grey hoodie, would surely be more of a hindrance than a help in your case. Jimin was obviously sharing your opinion, since he took it off, placed the mask over the lower part of his face and pulled the hood over his head. The hem was almost reaching his eyes now and none of his brightened hair was visible anymore.

"Good." You mumbled and stood up, offering him your hand. "Let's search for a taxi. I don't wanna take the risk for you to get recognized in the metro." Without taking your hand, Jimin got up as well.

Walking side by side, but in complete silence, the two of you left the playhouse, the playground and the park behind you. Just moments later, a busy road came in sight and you sighed in relief. At least, there were no police officers around. Maybe luck was on your side for now.

You signalized an approximating taxi to stop and as it did so, you quickly shot some final commands at the mummed boy beside you. "You're going to sit in the backseat. I'll keep an eye on the driver from the passenger’s seat. And don't talk!" You grabbed the handle of the backseat door for Jimin. But added an almost inaudible and timid "Please." before the young man disappeared into the car. As arranged, you took your seat next to the driver, an old man, maybe already in his 60's. Good for you, he probably had never even seen or heard about BTS. You gave him the address of a building two blocks besides the one you were living in. Just on the off chance that the police found out about you and was waiting to catch you there.

A few minutes of the rides passed without any of you speaking a word. But then the driver checked on Jimin through the driving mirror.

"What's wrong with him?" he asked a little concerned. "Is he sick or something?"

You turned around and found Jimin bent over in his seat. His palms were covering his face, as if he was trying to hide it, and his elbows were resting on his knees. You weren't too sure, but for a short moment, it looked as if his body was slightly shaking. What was going on? Was he crying or something? The thought made you sad immediately, he went through a lot and everything happened so fast. The car's display showed, that only a little more than an hour and a half has passed since you received your boss' first message. But no matter if Jimin was really crying or not, now was neither the right time, nor the right place to agonize about that.

"Oppa! Are you okay?" you sweetly cooed at him, pretending you guys were close, in whatever way the driver might think. Jimins head slowly moved up and down, he was nodding. "He is just a little drunk, Ahjussi. Don't worry about him, please. We had dinner and drinks with some friends and you know... Young men and their pride, when it comes to 'who can drink the most'. So silly!" you faked a giggle. The old man joined in the giggling and clicked his tongue. "Young people these days!" He sighed, shaking his head in disbelieve. "Then we better take him home quickly."

The remaining ride proceeded without any further incidents. You paid the driver and left the car. Your eyes scanned the area for any signs of the police, but luckily, you saw nothing alarming. A little more hesitantly than you've been earlier that day, you took Park Jimins hand and led him to the back of the buildings. There was a small, dimly lit alley along the backside of the lined-up apartment complexes. You carefully took the back entrance of the building you lived in. Everything was quiet and seemed to be as usual. Instead of taking the elevator, you opted for the steps and climbed them up to the fifth floor. You paused when you reached the door to your apartment. If the police somehow had managed to find out your name, they were surely in there, waiting for you. It was highly improbable, yet your heart was beating like crazy as you typed in your lock combination.

The lock cheeped, signalizing you typed in the correct numbers, and the door opened. The room was empty. You could hear Jimin sighing in relief, as you did the same. "Welcome! Please come in and make yourself at home!" you said, a hint of happiness in your voice.

First thing you did was to turn the TV on. You didn't even had to switch to a news channel to get to see what you wanted to. The scandal was everywhere, on every single channel. Reporters were talking about the alleged crimes, the culprits and alleged backgrounds. Videos, that showed a couple of arrests, were playing and photos of missing defendants were displayed, with the request to call the local police departments if you could yield any information about them. Jimins face was shown as well, along with some other familiar ones. There were Big Bang's GD and Taeyang, Wonder Girl's Yubin, ZE:A's Park Hyungsik and many more. You felt how the feeling of guilt and anger were crawling back into your heart, but you tried your best to push them aside. You had to think of something more important now.

Just when you were about to say something, another pair familiar faces caught your attention. "Holy ! Jimin-ssi, look!" You excitedly waved him nearer. "Aren't these guys your friends? They are in BTS, aren't they? How the hell did they managed to escape?" Jimin sat down beside you and stared at the TV screen. His lips were slightly parted and his expression was blank. "That's Namjoon Hyung. And Jungkook. Do you think they're together?" You were not sure, if he was really asking you or more likely talking to himself. He wasn't even looking at you, but you answered anyway. "I really don't know, but it might be possible. Maybe we can find a way, to get in touch with them later." You thought your suggestion would maybe encourage him, give him some hope, but his expression wasn't changing the slightest.

"Alright..." you breathed. To be honest, you were a bit taken aback by how distant he was acting towards you, but you couldn't blame him either. You knew each other since roughly two hours, you were practically strangers. "What do you think about taking a shower first?" you suggested cautiously. "In case we have to go out again, it might be better, if you remove the... the make-up and get your hair a little less styled. I guess..." Why the hell were you stuttering? You cleared your throat, before you continued talking. "And you should change your clothes, too. I have some sweaters that might fit you. The bathroom is over there, towels are in the cupboard directly opposite the shower."

"Okay!" was all he said, as he stood up and walked straight into the bathroom. Moments later, you heard the shower being .

Meanwhile, you used the time to pull out the cardboard box underneath your bed. Inside were the remains of your last relationship, including some male clothing. You broke up with your ex months ago and you'd been pretty annoyed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter