- FOUR -

The Law Of Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After some hours of deep, dreamless sleep, it took you some moments until you fully realized, where you were and why you were there. You rubbed your eyes and sat up on the bed. Jimin was still asleep beside you. He had obviously been routing around his side of the bed, since his blanket was half on the floor and half covering his lower body. He laid on his back, his arms spread out beside his head. With slightly parted lips, breathing softly, his face was turned towards you now. Thankfully he was indeed still wearing his boxers. It was already enough, that the first thing you saw in the morning, was his bare stomach, again.

Except for the sensual sight of his upper body, he looked so peacefully in the early morning light that was shining through the thin, old-fashioned curtains. So you decided to let him sleep for a little longer. As quietly as possible, you grabbed some clothes and toiletries from your bag and flitted to the bathroom. You brushed your teeth, washed your face properly and put on some new, light make-up. You slipped on the same pair of black skinny jeans as yesterday, but topped it with a white oversized t-shirt. You wore your hair loose, instead of a ponytail like the former day, and put on a white matching baseball cap, before you checked yourself in the mirror. You definitely looked as different as possible from how you looked in the mug shot. Satisfied, you stepped back into the bedroom area and fished the little diary and a ballpen out of the backpack. You teared out one of the pages and started to write a note for Jimin, in case he would wake up before you got back.

"Good morning! I just went out to buy some food and to pay for some more hours in here. It won't take too long. In case you're thirsty, there's some water in your backpack."

You placed the note on your pillow, took the key card and quietly left. The front desk was now occupied by a chubby, middle-aged man. He wasn't even looking at you, so you cleared your throat to get his attention.

"Yes?" he said, clearly showing his annoyance. "We're not selling condoms here or anything. Go to the convenient store, if you need some."

"That's what I'm about to do, but thanks. My boyfriend and I only paid for the night and we would like to stay in here for some more hours. How much is that?" You tried your very best to hide your disgust about his words as you answered.

"20.000 ₩ for staying until noon." He grumbled and you shoved the required bank note over to him.

Outside, you put on the facemask, Jimin wore yesterday, and walked over to a 7-Eleven store you noticed when you came here last night. You held your head low enough, so the cap's peak hid your face from any CCTV, but not too much to make it look weird. The store wasn't really big, nor was it one of the good ones, just shabby like the neighborhood surrounding it. Nonetheless, it had everything you needed. You took some plastic wrapped Gimbap, a packet of Kimchi, two bowls of instant rice and some water. As you went over to the hygiene products to get a toothbrush for Jimin, you passed a rack with some hair dye. You instantly grabbed some black one. If you could get Jimin to dye his hair back to a natural black, he'd look much more inconspicuous. After you got the toothbrush, a second facemask and some chewing gum, you paid for everything, took some pairs of the free wooden chopsticks they offered at the register, warmed up the rice in the store's microwave and walked back to the motel.

You found Jimin sitting on the edge of the bed, fully dressed and a bottle of water in his hand. "Good morning!" You greeted him with a smile and placed the plastic bag with the groceries on the room's desk beside the computer. "Morning!" He hoarsely replied. You completely opened the bowls of now warm rice and handed one to him, together with chopsticks and a roll of Gimbap. "It's nothing fancy, but at least it'll fill your stomach." You said, as you opened the box of Kimchi and placed it on the chair, which you had placed in between you and him. He thanked you and you both started eating in silence. Until then, you hadn't even noticed, how hungry you have been. Eating something was really making you feel a lot better. By the time you finished your meal, Jimin was already done. He took the empty plastic packaging and threw them all away, before sitting down in front of you again, staring at you.

"You promised me something last night!" His gaze was demanding and you instantly knew, what he was talking about.

"And I'll stick by my words. So... with what shall we start?" You asked.

"Well, the news I watched while you were showering yesterday, gave me a pretty detailed summary of what's going on currently. I mean, what they accuse me and all the others of. Which is complete bull!" You saw a thick vein getting visible on the side of his neck, he was getting mad.

"I know, it's all a big lie. Sheer fraud and nothing else!" you quickly assured him.

He took a deep breath and continued. "That leads me to my first question, what makes you so certain about it? I mean, I surely know what I did and what not, but how do you know?"

"Okay... good question." You started, thinking about how to explain it all properly. "Well, as I may mentioned before, I worked in a law office, a really big one. And during the last few months, everything was only revolving around a certain client. I was only doing an internship for my studies there, so I wasn't provided with any relevant details. I mostly only made copies, certified documents or delivered papers from A to B, you know?!"

"Alright, so...?" Jimin was getting a little impatient.

"A while ago, I was told to certify some important looking documents. One of the main lawyers told me to do so personally and also asked me for absolute discretion. As I did, I noticed that the documents somehow looked odd. Just not really legit. I didn't really knew, what to do, so I talked to one of the junior bosses about it and almost lost my job. Since I really needed it, I let it be and never asked about it again. I almost forgot about it, until yesterday. The same person, I asked about the validity of those papers, tried calling me multiple times and sent me messages, when I wasn't picking up. He wrote, that he was about to leave the country and that I was right about those documents and that they've been faked. He said, everything, what was about to happen, was based on a lie and that he didn't wanted to be part of it. He let me know, so that I could decide whether I wanted to be part of it or not. And then I read the news about this nationwide scandal, the police came in the next second and I met you, when I wanted to take Jiyoon out. And as you know, I gave my phone to her, so I cannot show the messages to you or anyone else."

You looked at the boy in front of you, waiting for any kind of reacting, but there was none. "And as you know, I helped you to run away from the police, I ran away with you. They are officially calling me your partner in crime. And with my background story, it's highly probable that they will accuse me of something as well. Especially if they find out that I actually know the truth. From my perspective, this client, and obviously also my bosses, seem to stop at nothing. And I know enough about the system, to be sure that they would be able to get me behind bars, if I pose a risk to their story." You pursued. "And that's basically all I can tell you, I left nothing out. I swear! But I'm more than willing to find a way to expose this huge scam, since I guess I'm now as involved as you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter