chapter 9

Little Sips

“I can’t believe I had to find out you were there by Siyeon texting me!”

“Nayoung…”

“Then she goes and spreads lie about me!”

“Nayoung”

“Don’t believe anything she says!”

“Nayoung it hurts!” Kyulkyung yelled as she halted and tried to pull her wrist out of Nayoung’s grip.

Nayoung paused from Kyulkyung’s exclamation of pain, she stared down at her hand on Kyulkyung’s wrist before letting her go.

“I….I’m sorry...I didn’t realize-“

“It’s alright” Kyulkyung said rubbing her wrist, it had a purplish hand mark on it from how hard she was being held.

“No it’s not, I hurt you and that’s not okay” Nayoung said as she stared Kyulkyung in the eyes, Kyulkyung blushed and looked away.

“I said it’s alright-“

Kyulkyung was quickly silenced as Nayoung gently grabbed her wrist and brought it to her lips lightly kissing it.

“I’m sorry” Nayoung voiced out as she let go of Kyulkyung’s wrist once again.

“I-it’s alright, I forgive you” Kyulkyung said as she brought her kissed wrist up to her own lips lightly pressing it against them, hopefully Nayoung didn’t notice.

Nayoung gave her a light smile as she reached her hand out, Kyulkyung stared at it. Why was Nayoung reaching her hand out to her?

“Ummm…is this not how um…asking to hold hands works?” Nayoung asked hesitantly with slight color on her face.

“Oh! Usually the other person would say they want to hold hands but I think people do it the way you just did too. Maybe I’m just stupid and didn’t realize” Kyulkyung said with a laugh as she took Nayoung’s hand, automatically intertwining their fingers.

“Don’t call yourself stupid, you aren’t” Nayoung said with furrowed brows.

“I sure feel stupid” Kyulkyung muttered as she looked down.

“This isn’t the best place to speak, would you like to go to the park? It’s nearby” Nayoung asked as she pointed in a direction.

Kyulkyung looked in the direction she was pointing before turning to look back at the taller girl, “Oh sure!”

They walked in silence to the park, it didn’t take long for them to find an unoccupied bench to sit on.

“Why do you feel like you are stupid?” Was the first thing Nayoung asked as they sat down.

“I missed a lot of school and now I’m struggling” Kyulkyung admitted as she hung her head in shame.

“Why haven’t you asked me for help?” Nayoung asked as reached forward and tilted Kyulkyung’s head back up.

Kyulkyung pouted and slightly flushed, why did Nayoung seem slightly bold right now?

“I didn’t want to bother you” Kyulkyung quietly muttered.

“You never bother me but I do have more questions for you”

Kyulkyung slightly nodded so that Nayoung knows to continue on with her question.

“Why were you with Kyla?”

Kyulkyung blinked for a moment to recall why she was there, “I was studying in the library with Eunwoo and Kyla recognized me and then wanted to ask me questions…” Kyulkyung paused for a moment as one of Kyla’s questions replayed in her head, “Who am I to you?”

“What?” Nayoung asked in completely surprise and confusion at the question.

“She kept asking what I am to you and in all honestly I’m quite curious too” Kyulkyung admitted as she stared at Nayoung.

“I…well I didn’t expect to tell you so soon” Nayoung muttered, “But I guess I would have had to have told you sooner or later”

Kyulkyung nodded her head in anticipation as she leaned forward a bit.

“I was told to watch over the Zhou family long ago by your grandmother” Nayoung said as she looked away.

Kyulkyung furrowed her brows, “You were in love with my grandmother? That’s kinda….gross”

“No! That’s not what I meant” Nayoung whined as she pouted a bit which was extremely adorable to Kyulkyung.

“I was very good friends with your grandmother and on her death bed she told me to look over her daughter and her daughter’s daughter, who is you” Nayoung said, “I never approached your mother and I never meant to approach you, that was an accident”

“Do…do you regret approaching me?” Kyulkyung hesitantly asked, she was nervous for the answer.

“No, I do not regret approaching you though I wish it was on better circumstances” Nayoung said with a small smile and a sigh.

Kyulkyung brightened up quickly, “Good! Also I’m really glad you didn’t like my grandmother that would have been weird for me considering I like you”

Suddenly there was a pause, Nayoung was staring at her with wide eyes and a slightly open mouth. Kyulkyung began to panic, she didn’t mean for that to come out.

“Wait I didn’t-“

“Kyulkyung I-“

They spoke at the same time causing each other to cut off, Kyulkyung bit her bottom lip…this is definitely not how she wanted things to go down.

“Kyulkyung, I don’t really know what to say” Nayoung said gently, rejection would have been much easier for Kyulkyung to handle right now instead of an I don’t know.

“You don’t have to say anything please pretend I didn’t say that” Kyulkyung said as tears began to slightly form in the corners of her eyes.

“I don’t want to pretend you didn’t say anything! Kyulkyung we need to address thi- Minkyung?”

“Minkyung? Who is Minkyung?” Kyulkyung asked super confused but Nayoung wasn’t responding to her because all her focus was on something behind her.

Kyulkyung turned around and saw a girl, a very beautiful girl, she seemed to be as tall as Nayoung or maybe even a bit taller and another girl stood next to her…this girl was very short in height.

“Minkyung…you…” Nayoung couldn’t seem to say much and she seemed to be getting choked up.

Kyulkyung watched as Nayoung slowly stood up so she could see the other tall girl better, Minkyung was what Nayoung was calling her so that was most likely her name.

The said girl looked at Nayoung with a slight saddened look before giving Nayoung one of the brightest smiles Kyulkyung has ever seen,

“It’s been awhile, my love”