chapter 10

Little Sips

“My love?!”

Kyulkyung and the smaller girl next to Minkyung yelped. Suddenly it all made sense to Kyulkyung as to who this girl was and why Nayoung seemed so shocked. Kyulkyung felt like she had been punched in the stomach, there was no way she was ever going to be anyone to Nayoung now. Kyulkyung is nothing compared to Minkyung who is tall, pretty, and has a sweet voice.

Nayoung didn’t notice Kyulkyung’s change in mood as she was still too shocked over the appearance of her believed to be dead lover. “How are you…alive?”

Minkyung laughed lightly, “I honestly don’t know much myself but when I came to this small little puppy was leaning over me” Minkyung said as she patted the smaller girl’s head.

Kyulkyung could see a small flush cover the girl’s cheeks, she must have feelings for the taller girl just like Kyulkyung has feelings for Nayoung.

“Oh! Speaking of which let me introduce her, Nayoung this is Yaebin” Minkyung said with excitement but Yaebin didn’t seem too excited, “Yaebin this is Nayoung”

“Yeah whatever, why would I care about a girl who basically almost killed you?” Yaebin had growled. Nayoung and Kyulkyung were a bit surprised by her hostility while Minkyung didn’t really seem phased.

“I didn’t mean to-“

“Oh shut up! What do you mean you didn’t mean to, huh?! Shouldn’t you be able to control it?! From what I’ve been told you have been a vampire all your life but you still don’t have control? That’s reaaaaal pathetic” Yaebin snarled out before walking away angrily.

Kyulkyung didn’t really know how to feel anymore but she did want to comfort Nayoung. “Nayoung what she said is wron-“

“I’m sorry about Yaebin, she is very over protective of me. I’m sure she didn’t mean anything she said just now” Minkyung said as she stepped closer to Nayoung and grabbed her hand running her thumb over the back of it gently.

Kyulkyung decided to stay quiet, who was she to talk when two lovers are meeting up after who knows how many years?

“No Minky, she is right” Nayoung said softly, “I am pathetic”

Kyulkyung’s heart hurt, Nayoung seemed so upset and it was making Kyulkyung upset but she couldn’t even wrap her arms around the tall girl because Minkyung had already done so.

“No she isn’t, you’ll never be pathetic in my eyes Nayoung” Minkyung said in a soft whisper as she stared into Nayoung’s eyes.

There was silence as the girls looked into each other’s eyes. Kyulkyung felt sick and awkward in this situation. What was she supposed to do right now? Leave? That sounded like a great idea actually.

“Um…” Kyulkyung started to get their attention.

Both tall girls turned to look at her, Nayoung seemed surprised to see her as if she had forgotten Kyulkyung was even there.

“Ah I am sorry I have forgotten to ask your name” Minkyung said with a small bow and a smile as an apology.

“It’s alright, I’m not anyone important so please don’t mind me” Kyulkyung said her voice cracking in the middle…she wanted to get out of there before she started to cry, “I’m just gonna go”

“Wait Kyulkyung-“

Kyulkyung didn’t wait to hear what Nayoung wanted to say, she just ran.

Once she was far enough away she began to slow down and breathe slowly as tears gently ran down her face, she was kinda stupid to believe her life had really gotten better.

“So stupid, I am so very stupid” she muttered as she kicked a rock.

“I’m stupid too but at least I don’t kick innocent rocks”

Kyulkyung turned around at the sound of the voice she recognized as the tiny girl, Yaebin.

“Yeah well…I don’t exactly know what to take my anger and sadness out on” Kyulkyung muttered as she looked down at her feet.

“You’ve got it bad, huh?” Yaebin asked but it sounded more like a comment, “I guess we have something in common”

“I guess we do, you’re in love with Minkyung right?” Kyulkyung asked just to make sure she wasn’t blind when something so obvious was in front of her.

“Yeeep” Yaebin said with a pop, “And you are in love with that stone Buddha”

“Stone Buddha?” Kyulkyung questioned.

“Yeah, stone Buddha or well you call her Nayoung” Yaebin said as rolled her eyes.

“Why do you-“

“I don’t feel like explaining”

They fell into awkward silence as they just stared at each other.

“Is it uh…rude to ask what supernatural being you are?” Kyulkyung asked trying to be as polite as possible.

“Nah, I’m a wolf” Yaebin said with a grin showing off her canines.

“Is that why she called you a puppy?” Kyulkyung asked with a small laugh.

“Yeah and I find it super annoying! I’m not a puppy! I am a wolf!” Yaebin complained making sure to stomp her foot to show off how angry it made her.

“I don’t really knooow I think she could be right, you’re small and cute like a puppy” Kyulkyung said with a teasing smile as she wiped the dried tears on her cheeks.

Yaebin seemed to not know what to say as her cheeks became covered with a light pink, “F-flattery will get you nowhere!”

Kyulkyung couldn’t help but let out a big laugh, “I’m pretty sure it does though”

“Ugh whatever” Yaebin groaned and rolled her eyes again but Kyulkyung could see she was enjoying this because of the small smile on her face.

“So uh…you got a place I could stay at?” Yaebin asked awkwardly as her hand lightly rubbed at her arm.

“I live with…oh” Kyulkyung said softly at the realization that Nayoung will probably bring Minkyung back to her house. “I uh…can I make a call?”

“Sure go ahead, I don’t control you” Yaebin said with a small nod.

Kyulkyung quickly pulled out her phone and dialed a number,

“Hey yeah, Eunwoo I have small favor…could you possibly house me and a puppy?”

“Hey! I’m not a puppy!”