Affection

Healing Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake suddenly, every thought in high definition. My eyes take in every ray of dim light, and without a doubt, it wasn't a nightmare that woke me up, someone else did.

"Wake up Yeri! It's time for work!" I heard a voice cutting into my dreams. She yanked my purple covers off. "Geez Wendy, you're such a pain..." My eyes have yet to open themselves, but when I forced myself to, I was looking straight into the eyes of Joy. "Wait Joy!?" I yelped while covering my face because I didn't want her to see my bare face. She removed my hands and somehow, I went with the flow, "Mornin, beautiful!" Joy exclaimed. I got a little speechless from that little compliment but managed to pull myself together, "I swear to God I've put a lock on my door, how da hell did you get in?" I asked getting up. 

I stared at the clock, it was only 5am! Give me a break....

"I've been living here a long time so I know some secret shortcuts around this place, and this was just one of them. Come on, Wendy and Seulgi already went." She said walking out. She was already dressed wow.... She told me that I could sleep till 6pm?! Who cares? I'm already up and awake. Even if I wanted to fall back to sleep, I wouldn't be able to because of the traffic noises.

After 30 minutes, we made it to the hospital in Joy's car. I saw her run in front of me to the hospital entrance. Geez, where did she get all this energy from? She was clearly not like this yesterday afternoon. I went to my locker and placed my bag inside and only got the necessary things that I needed for the day. Today, I'm supposed to be learning about diagnosis and treatment of traumatic brain injuries. So no big deal, just stemming on from the stuff I gained yesterday. This really isn't easy at all. There's no more idling now, that was so yesterday. From now on, I have to actually knuckle down and get on top of my work. I put on my coat and tied my hair up like a gladiator preparing to fight. This time I had to wear a scrub underneath because I'll be doing some practical stuff today. 

Joy led me up to the 16th floor, and Dr Irene was there talking to another doctor. She came up to us while Joy waved bye to me as she went to do her own work. "Morning Yeri! It's nice to see you up and early! You must be very motivated to start learning! Don't worry, since you're still new, I'm going to tutor you one-on-one on how to treat a patient with a concussion. This is because the most common head injury is a concussion and it-" I continued for her, "-excites the nervous system which is where neurosurgeons or neuropsychologists comes in to treat the affected patient." I finished off, "That's correct. It can be quite serious even though this is considered as a mild head injury. You're catching up quickly even though you're only 18. Impressive. After that, you'll be able to practice on some patients with Joy here to guide you." She replied looking in Joy's direction. She was attending a patient, and I noticed that she had her new coat on which was good to see. Luckily I did some study last night so that I won't have a mind blank about this topic. 

"First you need to make sure that the suspected condition is actually what it is before going further with any analysis. This step is vital." She pushed her glasses up. "Now make sure to listen up. I'm going to spend quite some time on how the whole procedure of admission works. For example, CT scans and doing an MRI." She warned. 

Here we go again...

She went through an entire 2-hour lecture, but at times, she had to go somewhere and left me with another specialist to teach me because she was busy. I understood that because she was the head of neuro so of course, she had a lot to deal with. Throughout, I was distracted by Joy's presence. If only she weren't there, sitting so elegantly with her hair in a messy bun, I would've been able to focus more.

"Ok got it Yeri?" My gaze was still on Joy's beauty, " Dr Yeri?" Dr Irene asked again which led me back to reality, "Oh yea 100%" I replied wholeheartedly. She smiled, "Good, now Joy!" She called. "Yes, Doc?" She answered lifting her head up from her clipboard. "She's ready!" Dr Irene yelled.

Her yelling like this... I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter