Inner Turmoil

Healing Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've been studying cardiothoracic surgery for the last few weeks so I'm scared that I've lost some of my neuro knowledge. I definitely need to be fully immersed in the neuro side of me so that I can provide my best for Joy in the surgery. I asked Dr Kai for permission to take a short hiatus so that I can focus on preparing. Luckily, he permitted. Phew! Even if he refused, I would've still argued my way through hahaha

I studied everyday harder than when we prepared for Ambers. Studying 2 weeks prior will require lots of concentration. It's like studying for your finals but amplify the stress by 1000 lol

With three renowned specialists by my side namely, Dr Yubin, Dr Wang and let's not forget Dr Irene, I'm sure it'll be a success. Study, sleep and repeat for 2 weeks straight. I left out the 'eat' and 'exercise' part because I kind of forgot about doing those since I was so into studying the details surrounding Joy's tumour. Since it was such a rare tumour, I had to seek help from outside who are specifically specialised in these types of tumours. There was no freakin way that I'm doing anything that's related to the removal of the tumour. It's impossible for me to stuff 3+ years of training in only 2 weeks like come on man, only going into a hyperbolic time chamber will do that for me (DBZ). Dr Irene was so happy once she heard that I could assist in the surgery even though I'm not going to assist as an actual surgical assistant (AC, 1st & second assistants etc.).  

Joy's been resting which was wonderful... but resting while watching TV 24/7...? Doing Pilates would've been a better alternative. Seulgi and Wendy kept her company most of the time while I was busy studying. Wendy even tried to get her into watching anime but got rejected in the end XD. 

Joy thanked me for giving her the Garden Phlox flowers that I bought weeks ago. Now, whenever I come into her room, it always smells like what the flowers smelt like instead of her usual rosy fragrance which I missed.

Joy doesn't know that I'll be participating in the surgery and I'm not telling her that anytime soon. If I did she'll be like this to Dr Irene: Why are you sending a rookie in to remove my tumour?! The gatch bed will turn into my deathbed!!

But that's just my prediction if we were dealing with any normal patient. I know my Joy won't mind hehe

She does know that more people are aware of her condition now. She's been getting flowers from colleagues everyday wishing for her quick recovery. Her family had a night over at our apartment. We managed to come up some reasons for why she didn't inform anyone earlier and came to a conclusion that it must be due to emotional reasons such as shame, guilt or something along those lines.

Regular checkups were made on her so that we don't miss anything before the surgery. Not like last time when an Aortic Vascular Aneurysm (AVA) suddenly came up in Amber's operation. Experiencing that again of Joy will be worst than dying. 

-

It's been a long, tedious night just like the past 2 weeks. Wendy came into the living room and sees me still studying hard, "Yeri gets some sleep. You don't want to wake up feeling like for the surgery tomorrow."

I was studying in front of the fireplace because I got bored of studying in my room. "No, you don't understand. She's going to die if I screw up. That's the last thing I wanna do before tomorrow ends." I threw more tinder and sticks into the fireplace, and the flames raged giv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter