First Encounter

Healing Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nervousness was building up inside of me as the elevator stopped. When the doors slid open, I felt like I was being exposed to heaven, but that was probably an exaggeration from the sunlight shining in through the windows opposite of me. She let me exit first, so I complied. Then she led me to go meet this 'Joy' person. 

'Joy' seemed like a nice name, I wonder if it reflects her personality. 

We walked together with her still in front, going deeper to the centre of the maze-like expanse where people lessened at every turn. Then out of nowhere, a door slid opened beside me as I was walking past and out popped an arm that pulled me inside a blackened room. My mouth was covered by whoever that hand belonged to as I dropped to the floor with whoever that person was! She quickly slid the door closed like a ninja. I wrapped my hands around her arm as I shut my eyes. Dr Irene should have at least heard me squealing when I got snatched. Don't tell me that she has hearing loss too -.- Hell, she probably didn't even notice that I got 'kidnapped'. 

"You looking for me?" I heard her ask as she positioned herself in front of me. The sweetness of her voice made me open my eyes. As I did, I saw her eyes in a streak of sunlight that came through the blinds. Her brown eyes reflected the warmth of the sun. They were such a unique colour, a mix of light and dark, so big and beautiful. They looked at my dark brown eyes now as silence dragged on. I still didn't have a good picture of what she looked like. 

Then her eyes softened and unbound her hand from my mouth. "Oh sorry! I thought you were someone I knew." I didn't understand what was going on. Regardless, I needed to get out. Like out somewhere so I'm just out of the dark. I quickly scrambled out not knowing what she planned on doing. "Yeri!" I heard my name from down the hallway. I turned my head and noticed that a trolley was coming straight towards me at quite an alarming speed. Then the girl from before jumped out and stopped the cart that was inches from my face. My eyes widened in surprise. I looked up at her as she pulled me up still shocked. Then as I got myself together, I saw Dr Irene approaching us as the old lady pushing the trolley continued past, apologising to me. 

"Oh Yeri, I was so worried about you." Her gaze moved from me to the tall girl next to me. She sighed, "Joy, what have I told you about causing trouble around here?" 

This was Joy? I took a good look at her before she turned towards me.

"My apologies, I was um hiding from my colleague." She answered looking guiltily. I wondered why she would?? "You mean from the Minho boy from the Cardiothoracic department?" Dr Irene asked sighing in frustration. 

"Well! This wasn't the picture I had in mind of how you'll both meet but now that you're both here. I'll leave her all to you Joy as you know your way around the place." She said confidently. "I've got too many things on my hands, hmm where do I start... Oh um bye now ladies! I'll check on you later Yeri!" She said marching in the direction where the old lady with the trolley went, murmuring to herself as she did. 

When she was out of sight, I slowly tilted my head towards her so that I could have another look at her. Then she held my hands and brought me closer to her face forcing me to look at her more than I wanted, "You must be Yeri! You're so pretty! Nice to meet you, I'm Park Sooyoung but you can call me Joy :)" She smiled happily despite what happened. I blinked, digesting this information. And then all at once, I beamed while also holding her hand. "Oh um heyy! Nice to meet you too Joy. You probably know what to call me, so I don't need to go through that haha." It was surprisingly soft and warm that I held it cautiously, not sure when to let go, "Hmm let's see, there's just so many things to tell you so listen up kay?" She said winking at me, making me blush a bit which I know I shouldn't be.

Red hair dye has never looked so beautiful on a woman. With her sleek figure and her head held high, in her own ordinariness, she was stunning. Something radiated from within that rendered her irresistible to both genders. Men desired her energetic personality, and I guess women courted her friendship. That's what I assumed at first.

And so we spent a good hour or two taking a tour around the place, the expectations, necessary procedures and so on. As she did, my nervousness slowly slipped away. She made me feel very comfortable like a pro even though she just came last year. She really does live up to her name.

"I know that all of this is kind of hard to remember so Dr. Irene made you a booklet consisting of everything I just explained. She gave me one too when I first came, and it works wonders! She said if you needed more clarification on something, you could always ask the kind staff here, go to the libra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter