Two

Yet We Met Again

Not edited.


In the end, I insisted Sehun to choose the spot, being him as my tourist guide. I didn’t know where exactly to go and neither did I really have anything in mind. So, him as the one who knew better of the town, I left the decision to him.

We went to the basement parking to get into his car and as he drove out to the road, he finally came to a decision to drive me to the river stream and it was so beautiful. Majestic. He chose a good location. Considering the spot, the day and the hour, I understood the size of the crowd. Though, I must say that I would really like to come back when there are lesser people. I was sure it’d be more beautiful and breathtaking.

I was sitting at the bench, watching the water flow smoothly when I felt myself freeze, startled at the voice from behind. “Do you still like strawberry ice cream?” He asked, holding out a waffle cone with two big scoops of my favourite flavour.

I beamed. “Of course,” I took the dessert on my hand. “Forever favourite.”

He breathed, like he was relieved and took the seat next to me on my left.

I looked at him and asked, “If I didn’t like it anymore, what would be the other option?”

He presented the other ice cream but vanilla. “The neutral one.” He answered.

“And you’d eat the strawberry one?” I asked in wonder. “I remember you not being so fond of the flavour.”

He shrugged. “I started liking it. All of it was under your influence.” Then he muttered, narrowing his eyes at me. “You and your strawberry addiction.”

I grinned, no remorse. “Strawberry is great, okay? I love it more than anything.” I stated as a matter of fact. Speaking of which, I remembered to drop by the shops and purchase some strawberry yoghurt. I couldn’t have my breakfast without it.

Not wanting to drag the silence for long, he prompted to ask, “How’s Auntie and Aeron?”

“Oh,” I the ice cream and then my lips, looking straight ahead, to nothing in particular. I turned to him as I answered, “Aeron’s doing really great. And Mum, well, same old, same old.” I raised an eyebrow at him, expecting that he knew what I meant by that.

And he did. “I can imagine her scowl if she’s here and heard you.” He said.

I laughed. “Hm, that’s true. Good thing, she’s not.” I playfully breathed in relief. “You? How have you been?” He seemed stunned at my question. “Your parents? Your brother, did he marry his girlfriend already?” I asked, remembering how Sehun mentioned few months before we broke up that his older brother had intentions of marrying his girlfriend.

“Parents are okay. And no, not yet.” He answered. “But, he’s planning to propose to her before the season ends.” He shared.

“I see.” I smiled and my eyes spotted two girls playing together as they blow bubbles into the air.

Then, the question that was on my head since last night came back to my thoughts which caused me to look at Sehun. Because it concerned him. “How long have you been living there?”

“Nearing a year now.” He answered. “Landed a good job.”

“Same.” I answered. “Explains all the moving here.”

I saw him his upper lip before he asked, “Which company?”

“P.Y. Publishing.”

“Big company.” He commented.

“Yeah.” I said, smiling.

“Well, I had no doubt. You’ve always been so capable.”

I wrinkled my nose at that, not really being good with compliments. “I think it’s more hard work, really.”

“If you say so.” He mumbled.

I chuckled slightly at that, looking away but then, I stopped in shock when I heard him ask, “Do you have a boyfriend?” I turned to him with widened eyes.

I did not expect that question from him. And looking at him, I realised that he had his gaze pinned me. His eyes were so earnest and almost apprehensive at the answer I was about to say.

“No.” I shook my head. “I don’t.” Then, I returned the question. “Do you?” When he remained wordless, his mouth agape, I clarified. Stupidly. “A girlfriend, I mean.” His lips curved into amusement and I swore, I was happy to sink down the bench and underground. Of course he knew what I meant. Stupid.

“No.” He then answered softly. My stunned eyes must've been apparent as he asked, “Why, did you expect I’d have one?”

Took me a long second to answer, “No, just—” I was lost of word. My brain failed me.

I opened my mouth again to say something when my attention was snatched when a little kid holding a toy car, tripped in front of us. Instinctively, I stood up and bent to help the young boy up. Sehun helped along.

I looked at the little boy worriedly from head to toe, checking to see if he was wounded. And luckily, he wasn’t. I dusted off the dirt on his knees. “You okay?”

He nodded his head. I looked at Sehun who was holding an equally worried gaze as me earlier then he smiled softly.

I eyed on his toy and playfully gave him a look, “You like cars?”

“Yes!” He cheered.

He reminded me so much of Aeron and his little obsession with cars. He liked showing his collection to everyone. He particularly liked films that largely focus on cars, racings and all that. In fact, he still has the collection back home, a whole wall display of it.

“Juno!” A woman’s voice called, catching all of our attention. She rushed to the boy while the latter beamed up.

“Mama!”

“I told you not to run around where Mama can’t see you, didn’t I?”

Juno lowered his head, jutting his lower lip into a cute pout. “Sorry, Mama.”

“You got me so worried, young boy.” She said, finally able to breathe calmly. She turned to Sehun and I, “Thank you.”

“No worries at all.” I smiled kindly.

Holding the small hands of her son, she gave us her farewell but rather… uniquely. She was wearing a grin and Sehun took a step closer to me, our arms in contact.

“You two look good together.” She noted and I felt my cheeks tint pink. I didn’t even get to look Sehun’s reaction to it. She chuckled and tugged her son’s arm gently, “Say goodbye to them, Juno.”

“Bye, bye!” He said cutely.

“Bye~” I waved my hand and Sehun did too. I was still holding my cone of ice cream. Only a few bites more left.

When they were gone out of our sight, the male next to me gave me a fond look, “He’s like Aeron. He loves toy cars.”

I hummed, agreeing to what he said. It warmed my heart to know that Sehun still remembered my family.

“What?”

“Oh.” I failed to hide my smile, keeping my eyes at the paper boat that streamed down the water. “Just, I’m glad you didn’t forget about my family. I mean,” I looked at him, “After you know, we… broke up.”

“That’s because your family can’t easily be forgotten. And…” His eyes were on mine, steady and unwavering, “... you.”

I didn’t want to freeze at his words again, or at least, I didn’t want him to notice. I wasn’t sure if he was flirting but it doesn’t make my heart inside my chest to stop thudding violently. But, I wished he’d stop because this organ could only handle so much.

He was still looking at me when I puckered my lips at him as my eyes squinted. “You still have a way with your words, Oh Sehun.” I paused, “And that hasn’t changed.”

He chuckled at that as I blinked my gaze away again, finishing my cone of ice cream. Sehun and I remained standing, we were silent but far from awkward. Only when I finished all of my frozen food I asked him, “Se, where’s the shopping district here?”

He hummed and turned towards our left. He pointed towards the direction, “There. About ten to fifteen minutes walk from here.” His face turned to when he asked, “Are you up for it?”

“If I’m not?” I asked back, only to be playful.

“Then, we’ll go back to the car and drive us there.” He answered in the same manner, playing along with me.

I realised, Sehun still knew me, inside and out. It was not like anything changed but being exes, we were relaxed and far from feeling any discomfort or cautious of one another.

“So, we’ll walk or—”

He wasn’t even finished when I already said, “Walk. We’re going to walk. I like walking. I’ll see what’s around better too.”

“Okay.” Bobbing his head towards the district, he prompted, “Let’s go.”

I nodded and we started strolling to the destination. Perhaps, for the reason that this town was the central business district area, it was more busy and crowded. But it wasn’t as crowded or cramped where people were already squeezing their way through against each other.

Soon enough, we arrived at the street mall and my eyes just widened like a little child who has a big colourful playground before their eyes. No, it wasn’t like I liked shopping because I was never a shopaholic. I guess, the bright shops and boutiques on either side was a new sight to me which was the ultimate reason why my eyes were sparkling. It’s been so long since I last went to these kind of places because the times I usually did, all of it were with Sehun. Ironic to think that after such a long time, I was back at such places again and I was still with him.

Sehun and I went to an accessories boutique. I was only here for window shopping. I tried a few unique, funky designed sunglasses, looked at some bangles and long necklaces, there were some purses too. While I was doing that, Sehun told me that he would be going somewhere and he’ll be back. I nodded and let him go as I continued looking around.

Not sure for how long time have passed, I got bored of the items and walked out of the shop. The male wasn’t back yet. I looked around, my eyes were searching for him, wondering where he had gone. Then, as my head turned, I caught his eye within the people pass and about around him. He was holding two cups and both of them were smoothies.

“Sorry, the line was so long.” He said upon coming up to me.

“That’s okay.” I said.

“Did you buy anything?” He asked, and gave me one of the drinks, “Here.” It was the honeydew smoothie.

I took it in my hands, “Thanks.” And then answered his question, “No. There was really nothing that I badly wanted.” I laughed.

We continued looking around, pointing to different things and then we watched some busking alongside. Some people there were really talented and they deserve more than what they were getting. If I was to choose a highlight, it would be that. It always has been heart-warming to watch buskers who were playing guitars as they sang with their beautiful voices.

It was twilight when we got home.

Before that, we went to a seafood restaurant for dinner, he said he wanted to treat me. But then I didn’t get him when he ordered crab because he knew how bad I was at shelling them. But in his defense, it wasn’t all crab he got, he ordered oysters too.

And then, after that, we went quickly to the shop to buy some food for me. I haven’t got a chance to take a good look of my cousin’s pantry so I decided to do proper shopping once I have. Sehun volunteered to carry the single bag I was carrying which consisted of what I bought. It was light and I wasn’t a weakling to start with so I was firm when I refused his offer. I was born stubborn and my Mum too, so I was pretty sure I got that from him.

As we reached our floor, we stepped out of the lift to see a two men standing in between our apartment. I frowned in wonder, if they were Sehun’s or Joonmyeon’s guests. But when the other one turned, I concluded they were there for the male who accompanied me all day.

“Jongin!” Sehun called, confused. I realised, he probably didn’t expect them.

The tan male turned upon hearing his name and his eyes widened. Stunned. Hm, I expected this reaction already because it was odd and unexpected— Sehun and I, together. Probably it would even shock him more to know that the exes were were actually neighbours.

“Hey.” I smiled awkwardly at Jongin and then, nodded at the other male who was with him, acknowledging his presence. It was the first time I’ve seen him.

“You guys…”

I shook my head. I knew what his question was going to be. “No, no.”

“Then…?” He turned to Sehun. “Did you—”

He got cut off when the taller male cleared his throat and Jongin zipped his mouth. “He’s Kyungsoo.” Sehun introduced the shorter male, next to his close friend.

I bowed slightly and introduced myself.

Jongin continued, failing to hide his astonishment. “Wow, I can’t believe. You’re actually here? What happened? What did I miss?”

I chuckled and pointed towards my cousin’s apartment. “I moved in with my cousin. Just yesterday.”

Before it goes any further, Sehun urged me to go inside and have a rest. I think he noticed that my energy was all used up for the day. I smiled gratefully and bowed at everyone as a goodbye.

“Wait, no way.” Jongin protested, upon realising what was going on. “We just saw each other after so long.”

“No.” Sehun countered. “She’ll rest. And you, what are you doing here so unexpectedly?” He questioned like he didn’t like the male’s presence there but if I knew better, I was clearly aware how he did like him being there. Sehun had always liked company, he just has just a different way of expressing than the usual— for me. But apparently, when I asked him about that, he said male do tend to express themselves like that. That’s what my Dad said to, I remember.

I heard him say that to Mum over the once-in-a-month drinking session he had with his friends. He said men tend to be brusque, manly and tough but the bond is there between them. Much different to a woman who are usually more expressive than boys. That’s what Sehun said too, in the same sense.

“We got bored in my place so we decided to crash yours.”

“Ha.” Sehun arched an eyebrow.

Not wanting to be rude, I gently interrupted and said, “Guys, I’ll go in.” I turned to Jongin. “It’s nice to see you. We’ll catch up another time.”

“I’ll hold on that.” He said, finally letting me go.

When I got inside, Joonmyeon was by the kitchen at the counter, drinking a glass of water, seemingly to have just finished his meal. He acknowledged my presence and placed the glass down, “How was the little wandering around?”

I threw myself in the sofa and groaned as I put the bag I was carrying on the centre table, “Exhausting.” I closed my eyes for a good few seconds and when I heard him, washing the plate and glassed he used, I lifted my head up and called him. He turned to me, still scrubbing the plate, “Have you met your neighbours around here?”

He quirked an eyebrow. I swear I heard him snort. “No.” When I thought that was just his answer, he followed, “But I saw the tall guy in the apartment in front of us move in. Saw him couple of times too, pretty stoic. Why?”

“Just—” I stopped. Should my cousin even know about this?

“What?”

“Just…” I sighed. “He’s my ex-boyfriend.” I muttered, but considering there wasn’t any noise around, just him cleaning, he heard me.

“He’s that guy?!” He shouted, shocked. There was absolutely no reason for him to react like that.

“Well, if you could lower your voice a little, that would be helpful.”

He ignored what I said, still registering what I just said. “So, he’s that Se— what’s his name—”

“Sehun.” I answered.

“Ah, that’s right. Sehun. He’s him?”

“Yes.” I confirmed for the last time.

“Are you serious?” He asked and I sat up and shot a dark glare.

“Do you think I’d lie about something like that?”

“No.” He turned the tap off and dried his hands. That’s when I knew he was finished with what he was doing. He leaned over the back of the sofa with his arms crossed, looking at me. “So?” He asked. I was confused.

“So what?”

He walked around and picked up the bag. “So, what happened?” He went to the fridge and pantry to put the items I bought.

I frowned looking at him, “What’s supposed to happen?”

He raised a brow at me. He closed the fridge and walked back, getting to the position where he was before. “Look, you met your ex-boyfriend, whom you had relationship with for four years, that I didn’t get a chance to meet and then, broke up with you the year before. What happened? Did you guys bumped into each other and acted as good strangers?”

I rolled my eyes. “No.” And by the look he gave me, I just knew he wanted more from me. “It was awkward, yes. But, it’s a good kind of awkward. It was okay, actually. I was shocked but we were genteel to each other beyond my thoughts.”

He lifted his legs up and crossed it over to the take the seat where my legs were lying before. Since I sat up, I had my legs crossed over to each other. There is a pillow over it, where my hands are over. I massaged my knuckles as I watched him going with the same position as me. We were looking at each, him still wearing the curious look when he asked, “Tell me again what happened between you two. Why did you guys decided to end it?”

I took a deep breath, recalling all of the memory of what happened two years ago, before I opened my mouth to answer, “It was more like he broke up with me.”

“Why?”

“He said he wanted to end it. That, he didn’t want to be with me anymore. Something along the lines that he needed time for himself.”

“Just that?”

I nodded. “I was confused and disoriented too at that time. I was angry and hurt. But the more I thought of it and what actually happened between us, I guess he did have enough reason to end it with me.”

“What do you mean?”

“I was a needy and busy girlfriend especially when I started my master’s degree. By needy and busy I mean, I always demanded for his time while I never gave it to him. I was confronted with the degree and pushed myself so hard, to try my best and not fail or drop out of it. I think it became a one way relationship, I became demanding, I always wanted his time, his attention… and that ate him up. I didn’t realise it at that time, that I was selfish.”

I was looking at ground as I continued, “I thought that making him feel I needed him was something he also wanted. You know, making your lover feel that you need them. But looking at how things turned out, it wasn’t like that at all.” Saying that, the conclusion I got up with when I finally moved on came back to my head, “It was Sehun who left me first, but it was me who first stopped being a girlfriend to him.”

“How was it seeing him?” He then asked.

“Okay.” I answered. “It was shocking, because what are the odds, but at the same time, it was nice seeing him.” I intentionally did not mention about what Sehun told me earlier and that I was with him the entire day.

“Is this okay with you then?” He asked, obviously concerned about me.

“Yeah.” I answered. “What Sehun and I had in the past, would have to stay there. We’re just neighbours anyway. It’s not like we’re staying under one roof.” I explained further, “I mean, look at you, for the years you’ve been staying here, and for the time since he moved in, you only saw him couple of times. I doubt it’d be different with us.”

“It will be different.” He stated, like he was so sure. “Because that Sehun guy and I are strangers and you two are not.” As though what he said wasn’t enough, he clarified, “You two are exes.”

And he’s right. Sehun and I were indeed exes. That’s what was different.

Joonmyeon and I didn’t talk much after that. I didn’t have much to say anything either.

It was Monday but I woke up at around eleven in the morning. My cousin already left for work at around seven in the morning— I assumed because that was the time I saw on my phone when I heard some movement outside and then, I decided to go back to sleep.

I got up from the bed and grabbed my phone with me before I went to the bathroom. I washed my face and put moisturiser on before tying my hair up in a bun. When I was, I walked to the kitchen because my stomach was begging for food. Getting there though, I saw a meal on the dining table then I checked my phone and opened the messages Joonmyeon left for me.

Lazy , I cooked food for you. Eat it as soon as you wake up. Just reheat it in the microwave if you have to.
Joonmyeon | 07:05 am

I already left for work. Call me if you need anything.
Joonmyeon | 07:20 am

I walked to the fridge and grabbed my strawberry yoghurt. Then, I sat on the chair before I left a reply for him before I began eating my breakfast. When I was done, I washed the dishes and left everything clean. While doing so, I was wondering what I should do for the next two days as I was due to work on Wednesday. When I entered my bedroom though, I just figured what I needed to do. My room looked to plain and empty for my liking and though I liked keeping things simple, I wanted to do something for it, to add character or something.

So, as a result, I grabbed the second box out of my wardrobe that I had not opened yet. I retrieved the collection of polaroid photos I had. Good thing I brought it with me. Putting it down, I went to Joonmyeon’s storage room and looked for any sticky tape or anything that I could use to stick it on one side of my wall. Successful, I began decorating my room again. In the middle of it, my phone rang and I just knew who it was calling or more so, who it was video-calling me.

I picked up my phone and answered the call. As soon as I did, I heard my younger brother yelling my name excitedly, delighted. It made me grin widely.

“Aeron!!!!” I yelled back, giggling. I placed the phone on stable and good position so they could a good view, then I continued doing what I was doing. “You sound happy, what happened?”

Before he could answer, my mother butted in and spat out, “Rina smiled and greeted him goodbye.”

“Mum!” Aeron exclaimed and pouted. My brother, he’s the cutest boy.

“Isn’t that sweet of Rina?” I then said, gaining his attention back.

His head quickly turned to me. “She’s so pretty.” He uttered.

“I second to that.” I affirmed. “So, am I not Aeron’s girlfriend anymore? Is it Rina now?”

“But Sehun has not come back yet.” He mumbled.

I kept my sight at my hands that was holding a string and one of the polaroid photos. I momentarily froze but not for too long that they would notice. I haven’t told him or even Mum about the fact that I met Sehun again and that he was my new neighbour. I didn’t feel the need that they should know about it… yet.

I looked up when I asked, “So, who do you like more? Me or Rina?”

“You.” Aeron answered straightaway. “No one can replace my sister.”

“Aw.” I cooed. “You’re too sweet, my brother.”

He tittered and then Mum decided to speak up, “How are you finding the place now, sweetie? Is Joonmyeon taking care of you?”

I rolled my eyes, “Mum, I’m not a baby, a child or a teenager. I don’t need any taking or looking after.

“Yes, that is true.” She agreed. “But, you’re in a new environment, what I meant was, is he helping you adjust well?”

“It’s Joonmyeon we’re talking about, Mum.” I said as an indication. “He has looked after me whenever we were together and that hasn’t changed.” Then, I shared, “In fact, he cooked me breakfast.”

“Oh, did he?” My Mum sounded proud. “That’s news.”

“I know!” I exclaimed.

Aeron, Mum and I continued video-calling each other as we all do our thing. It’s like we were still together, except I was in a different place. Decorating my room, for the second time, took me a good four hours. I didn’t notice how long I have been doing it for but perhaps because I was talking to my family.

We had to end the video call because Mum would be taking my brother while me, I still had things to do in my mind. When I was done and satisfied with my room, I went back to the kitchen and did a proper check of what was in Joonmyeon’s pantry. Apart from the items I bought yesterday, there wasn’t much and everything needed to be replenished. In the fridge though, there were a number of side dishes that his Mum must’ve brought when she came over. But still, shopping needed to be done to actually and properly fill up the pantry.

With that, I took a quick shower and dressed up. I grabbed my purse, the same one I used yesterday as I couldn’t be bothered changing it. I went ahead, to the lift, down to the ground floor at the lobby and out of the building. I was about to cross the road when I heard a car horn but not harshly, it was just enough to catch someone’s attention.

Instinctively, I turned my head and saw it was Sehun’s car. I retreated from crossing the road, knowing what the meant especially when he rolled his windows down and held his hand out, pointing towards the side. I retreated from crossing the road as he pulled over. I was about to bend down to talk to him through the window, not expecting he’d get off the car when he did.

“Are you going anywhere?” He asked.

But instead of answering that question, I returned, “Were you from work?”

He nodded.

“I see.”

I was just about to answer the question he had for me when he said again, “Are you going to the shops? Because, if yes, I’m going too.”

I widened my eyes. “Really?”

“Yeah, I usually go food shopping every monday. I was just about to change my attire before I head out again.”

“You’re not lying?” I asked suspiciously.

He suppressed a chuckle, and looked at me, “When did I ever lie to you, sweetheart?”

Never. “Are you still going to change?” I then asked. “I can wait.”

“Then, yes. I can’t go like this.” He said. I looked at his outfit and I must admit, it does look a little formal for a casual shopping. He was wearing a dress shirt and a skinny fit slacks which highlighted his long legs and shoes that matched his overall outfit.

I giggled and pressed my lips together. “Okay, I’ll wait here.”

He shook his head, “No, I can’t let that.” He said. “Come up with me.”

I shrugged my shoulders, fine with anything. So I followed Sehun closely behind as we entered the building again. When the lift opened, I was surprised and dumbfounded when he slipped his hand into him, pulling me inside. This man was holding my hand like it was so natural for us to do that, like we were not even exes. But neither would I deny that I did like the sense of comfort I felt as he held me.

As soon as we entered his flat, the difference between my cousin’s and his interior was noticeable. If Joonmyeon’s interior was more neutral, Sehun’s was more masculine but minimalist and sleek. Sehun let go of my hand and told me, “Make yourself comfortable. I’ll be back in ten minutes.”

“Take your time.” I reassured.

With that, he walked towards his room while I decided to look around. There wasn’t much photos displayed but one would know that they were the people who were important in his life. There were photos of his parents with him, him and his brother, then with his squad. I didn’t know for what exact reason but I felt slightly bitter to see that I wasn’t in any of them. I mean, it’s not like I wanted or I expected that, considering Sehun and I weren’t together anymore but seeing that, it just sunk into me more that we were really no longer part of each other’s life but mere neighbours with… history, I suppose.

Though, I was glad. I was glad we were in good terms and we weren’t awkward with each other like the typical exes. It was better like this.

“What are you doing?”

My heart stopped, slightly startled at the sudden sound I heard after being so quiet. I huffed and smiled, pointing towards the photos displayed in their frames. “Just looking.” My finger hovered over one particular photo, “This one was a recent photo with Aun— Mrs Oh, isn’t it?”

I saw his brow arched a little. “Mrs Oh, huh?”

Well, wouldn’t it be inappropriate to still call her Auntie, looking at our situation? “Why?”

“Just… I don’t think Mum would be very happy to hear that if she's here.”

“Why not?”

He smirked but not mocking, “Mum didn’t even like you calling her Auntie when we were together. She always wanted you to call her ‘Mum’ as well but you were just too shy and stubborn.”

Okay, that was true, what Sehun said was right. But now that we were not in a relationship anymore, I had more reason to address his parents in a more formal manner.

“Well…” I raised my shoulders, sinking my head in between innocently.

Sehun chuckled. “Come on.” He said, bobbing his head towards the door.

I looked at his attire. He was wearing a gray hoodie with a jacket over it and black jeans, sneakers as his shoes. “Comfortable now?”

He breathed, “Yeah.”

I giggled. “Let’s go.”

On the way, while in the car, I called Joonmyeon to tell him that I was on my to the shops and if he wanted anything. Realising that his list was long, I told him to just send me a message of it because there was no way in the world I was going to remember that. Hearing me say that though, I heard Sehun chuckle but pressed his lips together, biting back his laugh. I grinned at him, still on the phone and when he looked at me, I mouthed, “What?”

He shook his head.

I knew there was a reason why he was like that, but at that moment, I just turned my attention back to my cousin.

“No, I’m fine. There’s no need to pick me up.” I told him.

“But, you don’t have a car and you would be buying a lot.”

“Other means exist, Joonmyeon.” I told him, not really particular that I was with Sehun. Knowing him, I didn’t think he would like it very much that I was with the man who left me.

He groaned, giving in. “Fine, since you are you.”

“Well, thanks.” I said, obviously in sarcasm.

“I’ll see you at home.” He bid and that was the cue that the call was going to an end.

I hummed and ended the call. Once I locked my phone, I turned to Sehun, and we came to a stop light.

“What was so funny, Mr Oh?”

His lips were pressed together, trying to hold back the smile forming. And when I narrowed my eyes at him, he broke, “You’re just… so amusing. As ever.”

“And what did I do for you to say or think that?”

He shrugged, and he accelerated as the light turned green. “I don’t know. I guess, it’s amazing to see that you are still you over the nearly two years we haven’t seen other.” When I thought he was finished with that, he added, “But more beautiful, stronger, more mature and.... fiercer”

I blushed at his words which caused me to look away— out the window. Sehun and his way with his words, still had the same effect on me.

Soon, we arrived at the supermarket and we decided to go for the biggest trolley and share it. We went aisle by aisle as I took out my phone to read and look over what Joonmyeon requested.

“When are you starting work?” Sehun asked, as picked an item and put it in the trolley.

“This Wednesday.” I answered, “Oh, can you please get that for me?” I pointed, asking politely. When I felt like I’ve got the list— most of it or at least half of it— on my head, I locked my phone and put it away.

“What time?” He continued to ask.

“On Wednesday? Uh, I need to be there half past seven.” I stopped and gave him a look, “Why are you asking this?”

He shrugged, “Just asking.”

But I knew Oh Sehun and his ‘just asking’ isn’t just asking.

On Wednesday morning, on my way to work, out of the door, I saw Sehun and from then, I knew I was right with my hunch when I thought he had a purpose when he asked those questions. He was waiting at the front, with his car.

“This was your intention?” I asked.

“My way of giving you good luck is me taking you to your first day of work.” He responded.

“Hmm, is that so?”

“Yes.” He opened the door on the front passenger seat, and when I didn’t move an inch, he said, “Pretty, please? I woke up early for this so I can make sure I catch you.”

“You didn’t have to…”

“But I wanted to do it.” He answered without any hesitation. He then repeated, “I want to do it for you.”


AUTHOR's NOTE:

Chapter 3 and on is when things would start progressing! That's what I have in mind. I haven't made progress yet and I'm still writing the next chapter but that's because I actually changed some of the events in this chapter and the next. I thought with the previous version that I wrote of this one is that the events are too much, kind of, and somewhat fast too. And I wanted to keep the pacing as normal as possible without rushing anything so, I prefer this than the old one. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that you guys would like it still. Anyway, so yeah, I worked on that which stopped me from continuing on.

Just a warning that I will be really busy from this point onwards so I am not sure how often I am going to update or when the next one would be. Advance apologies for that.

I promise to proofread when I get that spare time.