Six

Yet We Met Again

A week has passed since and nothing eventful happened apart from Joonmyeon noticing how things have changed between Sehun and I. It could be for the reason my cousin knows me too well or he has been keeping an eye close on both of us and he wasn’t just saying anything.

The past week have got me thinking about Sehun’s real reason in breaking up with me. We didn’t break up for a unique reason neither for a really deep reason, especially for the eyes of others. But I understood why Sehun left me, why he thought and decided it was better for us to be separated from each other and I wouldn’t hold that against him. Because I know if it was in his shoes, I would do the same.

To me, it was as simple as I couldn’t love another person if I don’t love myself neither am I proud of who and what I am and I know that’s what Sehun felt. If he stayed with me and kept our relationship, we would only be hurting each other— in one way or another. For the entire time, I pressured myself so hard on continuing on with my degree, and Sehun was similar with me, knowing him, I knew he would be terribly hard on himself and the frustrations we both would have would only be a deadly toxic to our relationship. And maybe, that was what all we needed: a safe space, a safe distance, away from each other, allowing ourselves to live on our own lives without each other. It was to know what it was like, to make the choice of coming back or not. It was to save what was left and I was truly grateful for that. If Sehun hadn’t had done that, maybe we wouldn’t be where we were at the moment, maybe we would’ve caused more and deeper pain and scars to each other, making things difficult for us, building an even greater and thicker wall in between to keep us apart.

Things happen for a reason and the story Sehun and I were having weren’t any exception. Not then when I bumped into him at the mall, when we saw each other the birthday party, when we got together, when we broke up, and when I moved into the place just across his. All of that happened for a reason and for a purpose. I like to believe that what was bound to happen would, indeed, happen for a reason, a purpose— whatever that may be.

“So, how is Junmyeon going with the girl he’s pursuing?”

We came to a stop, few cars ahead of us at the traffic light. Sehun was still taking me to work and he would fetch me from there too as much as he could. When he couldn’t, and Joonmyeon was the one available, he would be the one to pick me up.

With that question, I raised an eyebrow at him, with a playful smirk. “Who do you think we are?” I said with much pride for my clan.

Sehun chuckled, getting exactly what I meant with what I said. “And I’m one of the victims?”

“Why?” I asked. “You regret it?”

“Oh no.” He answered, not wasting even a beat of nanosecond. “If I did, I wouldn’t want you back so bad right now.”

Blushing, I punched his arm slightly. “Sweet-talker!”

The light turned green and he accelerated. Just when I thought everything was done with that as we passed through the intersection, he said with a serious and affectionate tone, no hint of teasing or any kind of mocking. “I’m being true right now.”

I smiled fondly. “I know that.”

It was the weekend when my cousin and I agreed to eat lunch out. It was like what we always did whenever we were together back in our hometown. We would eat out and come home late after school, which were one of the main reasons why we always got told off— we took Aeron with us sometimes too, and I couldn’t blame them really. Looking back now, I knew why our parents were so worried sick about us.

But Joonmyeon was like any other guy, one who always got impatient whenever us ladies take too long in preparing ourselves. And since he’s my cousin, safe to say that he’s my brother, I didn’t take long or took much effort in dressing myself. With putting on my most casual clothes, light BB cream and lip gloss, with my hair up in a ponytail, we headed out and let him take me wherever food was good.

He took me to this new barbecue restaurant. It was massive and it could for the reason that the grand opening took place couple of days ago or that, the restaurant was really good, there were a lot of people, nearly filled up. We took a table and ordered our preferences. I decided to be a pig and ordered as much as I could which wasn’t really a problem, especially for a man like him.

While waiting for our order, I took the time to catch up with all the happenings with him and his girl. All the catching up and my nosiness, became entertaining me for me because never have I seen my cousin so in love like this. It continued on until the food came and by his stories, I got to know more of this girl he’s interested in and along with my impression of her before, I knew the lady was nice and good for Joonmyeon.

Towards the middle of it though, he began asking about Sehun. I knew we were going down to this that’s why it didn’t really surprise me anymore. I told him the truth— what I found out, what I felt about it and at what stage we were both in. Things weren’t really official between Sehun and I. Since we already took our time, we intended to take things slow and in our own pace. Joonmyeon agreed to our decision. He also thought it was the best for us.

But something was off with his reaction when I told him the reason why Sehun left me. So, being the persistent person I was, I pumped it out of him and he was forced to tell me the truth that shocked me. I knew Joonmyeon cared about me more than sibling would and that Sehun was serious about me but I didn’t know it was to this extent when he and my cousin talked man to man about me. Joonmyeon, with the intention of wanting to understand the other male for my sake, Sehun, with the intention of coming clean and gain my cousin’s approval that he failed to get when we were first together. I guess, Sehun knew and remembered how much my cousin meant to me and I was at awe in realising that.

As our lunch “date” went on, I took the time to vent about my petty complaints in my new workplace and how much I missed studying again. But then, I loved it at the same time which did not really made me consider quitting. First, I just started and second, I loved it there.

I glanced at the clock on my phone and gasped, we had not realised the time passing. Gosh, time passed so fast, especially when you enjoy one’s company. Soon, we finished and Joonmyeon paid the entire bill. I promised to pay half of it when we get back. I knew there was no need for that but then, I wasn’t so heartless and thick-faced to just leave it all to him. After all, I was getting an income too so I did not see a reason why not.

My cousin dropped me off back at our place as he needed to go and meet his friend who just got out of the army. I let him off easily with plans of talking to Aeron and Mum when I get back.

I got off the lift on our floor and as my eyes landed on Sehun’s door, I briefly wondered what he was doing for the day. He only left me a message this morning, greeting me even though I only had woken up near noon but that was it. I could barely hold myself from sending him a message. I didn’t want to be that clingy and needy girl again with thoughts that it might annoy him especially when we were really not in a relationship to begin with.

I entered my code in and went straight to my bedroom. I changed to my home clothes, with shorts, hoodie and socks. I brought out my laptop and walked out to the kitchen pantry to grab a packet of chips to watch a movie while I video call my family with my phone.

“Sister!” Aeron called out. I could barely see what was going on as my brother held the phone shakily. Then, I heard my Mum chastised, and by the time the camera became clear, I saw him pout. I bit back my giggle. I grabbed a pillow behind me and laid on my stomach, positioning my laptop and my phone leaning on the screen, which gave both my Mum and brother a good view of me. I opened my chips and placed it next to the bigger device.

I reached for my earphones and put the jack into my laptop, only putting the right side in. I noticed Aeron was studying carefully at what I was doing.

I chuckled and told him, “I’m going to watch a movie.” I heard him say Ohhh. “Have you seen any movie today?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah.” He moved around his bed. “Mum allowed me.”

“What did Aeron watch?”

“Fast & Furious.” He answered.

I smiled at that, forever pleased with how my brother and our family has dealt with his condition. It brought me back to that time when we came to know that my little brother has down syndrome. It really didn’t change much on us, except we knew what to do to help him. We let Aeron live his life like how a normal person would. We let him play, and see the world along with all his training and therapies and now, my boy was really doing well at school. I couldn’t be any prouder.

Of course, it was difficult at first, considering with people’s constant judgement but it was from that experience that I learned how not to care about what other people think about me or us. Aeron is my brother and never in my life I would ever be ashamed of him. Shame those people who looked down on him.

“What movie are you watching?” He asked.

“The Notebook.” I told him.

“You’re rewatching?”

I hummed and gave him an embarrassed smile.

“Why do you love that movie so much?”

“Because…” I drawled, halting my finger from pressing the play button. “I just do. I love it.” I couldn’t find the right words to describe why I continue to be so in love with this movie. But it’s just so great and I knew I wouldn’t get enough of it… ever. I would be a granny and would still be watching it.

Aeron and I continued with our video chat until Mum decided to take the phone away from him and told him to go and clean up his room. My mother took the phone to the kitchen as she was making food for both of them. She asked me how I was and I told her the truth— that I was okay and I felt great.

I saw her eyes dart at the phone, trying to find lies in my countenance and when she found none, she smiled softly.

“I’m glad, sweetheart.” She said.

I smiled back at the camera so she would see and we continued on what we were doing but still kept the call on until the food was ready, all the way to them eating at the table. Aeron told Mum that his room was already clean and for that, I heard her say that food was his price for a job well done. I smirked at that, remembering how I always craved for my Mum’s cooking whenever she asked me to do big chores around the house. Mum’s food were always prize worthy.

The call only ended when Mum told me that her phone was about to go flat. The movie was already about to finish too and I knew I have to get up and see what I could cook for dinner. I paused the movie when I shifted around to charge my phone so I could continue watching the movie until the movie credits.

For another half an hour, the film reached its end and I forgot all about going to the kitchen to look for something to eat. I felt too lazy and sleepy to move off my bed and make effort to go to the kitchen. So, as a result, I put my laptop aside and cuddled up inside my duvet with a very soft pillow under my head. I hugged Jiji, just like I always do ever since I got her. Being a er for sleep, I found my way to dreamland quite easily and woke up about two hours later when the sun was already setting.

I woke up and frowned slightly, displeased at the light that was coming through my eyes after a good sleep upon sitting up. I put my teddy bear safely aside. I checked the time and reached for my phone. I took the charger off and scrolled through it, receiving the draft the team has sent from work for the next issue. But I did not reach much of it because work wasn’t until the day after tomorrow. Whilst on it, I noticed that Sehun still hasn’t made any contact with me. No calls, no message, nothing at all. I started to worry what was going on but at the same time, I wanted to be rational and believed that he was okay. I decided not to message him and leave him alone for now.

I placed my phone back on the bedside table and moved, about to get off the bed when my door opened. It was Joonmyeon, probably back from meeting his friend.

“I just checked if you were still asleep.”

“When did you arrive?” I asked softly.

“Almost an hour ago.” He answered, looking at wrist watch. “I brought dinner for us so you don’t have to cook. Come, let’s eat before it gets too cold.” He said, his thumb pointing towards the direction behind his back.

I smiled appreciatively at his thoughtfulness as I nodded. I slipped on my slippers and followed my cousin to have dinner.

It was around one in the afternoon the next day when I got back from grocery shopping, carrying a total of three bags. I stopped in tracks however when my eyes have landed once again on Sehun’s door. I hadn’t heard from him since yesterday morning and it was seriously starting to worry me. I just knew this couldn’t be.

Unable to stop myself, I gently dropped the bags on the floor and rang the doorbell. Not contented with that, I knocked a few times and waited for a few minutes only to have no door opened for me. I fished my phone out of my small bag and dialled Sehun’s number. But damn, it just kept ringing until I was directed to the voicemail and it was starting to annoy me. I was annoyed in worry, not anger. Just what was happening to Sehun? And where was he?

I wasn’t sure if he was in the apartment either. I didn’t get the chance to go and check in the basement parking if his car was there or not. I only took a taxi to and from the supermarket. Joonmyeon was still sleeping, probably taking a nap since I heard him talking to someone at around seven in the morning. I could only assume it was for work. I tried getting his car keys to use his car but then, it wasn’t in the drawer he had always put them in and I didn’t want to wake him up and disturb his nap. He looked tired. I briefly wondered if work was stressing him out, above the normal level.

Anyway, I could actually go down and check but there was no way I was going to leave everything that I shopped in the corridor, in front of the door of our place and neither was I willing to carry them all the way down. In the end, I decided to take the bags in and have them organised around before going back out again to check the basement and figure whether Sehun was inside his apartment or not.

Replenishing and organising everything took me solid twenty minute labor and with that, I decided to go with my plan. I fixed my hair as I headed out the door only to be startled at the figure I was confronted with. Before my eyes was Sehun’s mother, holding a small black bin bag, probably taking it out to the rubbish area.

“My dear, is that you?” She asked, scrutinizing my features.

Stunned, I gulped with my mouth slightly ajar. “Mrs…” I stammered. “Mrs Oh.” I finally uttered and as if the unspecial wind breeze through, I snapped back to my senses and greeted the woman politely. “It’s nice to see you again, Mrs Oh.”

“Oh, what a pleasant surprise!” She uttered and chuckled in what I would describe as delight. “But I thought I was clear about you calling me Mrs Oh.” She had this reprimanding look that almost made my heart burst if not for the hint that she was teasing me by laughing.

I breathed in relief. Then, my thoughts wandered back to Sehun. I looked up and straight behind the mother before me, wondering if Sehun was inside or if he was okay.

“Are you going somewhere?” She asked.

My eyes travelled back at her, and pressed my lips as I shook my head slightly.

“Is there where you live now?” She continued and I gave a few nods as my response. “Well, come in and wait for me as I put this rubbish out.” She told me. “Do you mind having a quick cup of hot drink with me?”

“Oh, no. Not at all, Mrs— Auntie.” I corrected myself when I saw her gaze narrowed at me.

“Come in, then. I’ll be quick.”

“Is... is Sehun inside?” I asked.

Mrs Oh nodded but there was a tinge of concern in her eyes. “He’s in his bedroom, in bed. He’s down with high fever since yesterday afternoon.”

Instinctively, my eyes widened in panic. “Is he okay?”

“He’ll be fine, sweetheart.” She reassured me. “He just took some medicine so he would be falling asleep by now.”

I nodded, understanding. Worry had completely washed over me.

Mrs Oh nodded back and went ahead to put the bag in the rubbish area. She had kept the door open for me to enter and I walked in, taking note of how quiet the entire place was. The place smelled like medication as well, a bit like how hospital would smell. It smelled neat and sanitised. It’s just like how it was whenever Sehun would fall sick and Mrs Oh would worry a lot and make sure that her son would be okay. It wasn’t really a surprise considering Sehun was her youngest son and pampering the young boy had been a big habit.

The next thing I noticed was that my hand was on the door knob of Sehun’s door. I silently and gently opened it, finding the male on his bed asleep with an air humidifier functioning. I looked at his countenance and saw how pale it was. His lips were slightly dry and chapped. It was such a heartbreaking sight to see.

I sat on the edge of the bed and caressed his wan face. I smiled sadly and whispered to tell him that he should get well soon. No wonder he had not been calling or answering the door this morning when I left for shopping. He was this ill.

I breathed heavily and looked around and that was the time I only noticed what was inside his bedroom. All the photo frames around and the photos displayed on the walls were combined photos of me and our couple photos. Some of my images were the ones I don’t remember being taken but I supposed it was only because they were stolen shots of me he took as they looked like it. There were so many. I did not realise how sneaky this male had been and I briefly wondered if there were more he kept.

I travelled back in time when I first got in inside his flat, when I saw photos of his friends and families displayed all over his foyer, lounge, entertainment area and on the buffet table on the dining area. I was upset and felt somewhat bitter in not having any photos of me around and I thought he really had forgotten, removed and moved on from me in his life. I absolutely did not expect that this would be the sight I would see in his bedroom. Each photo in the interior of his bedroom had my face in it. Few of them were photos of just me, some were stolen, the next majority were photos of us together from all the time we spent together— from our planned, spontaneous and casual dates, and the rest of the few were photos of us with his friends. I was in awe, stupefied and just… staggered.

Still in shock, I looked back again at Sehun before wandering out to the lounge. I saw Mrs Oh who just came in, standing behind the door. She smiled at me again and must’ve figured it out where I was from.

“What would you like to drink?”

“I think I would settle with hot chocolate for now, M— Auntie.”

I saw her the one corner of her lips tug up before she went to the kitchen to wash her hands thoroughly. I followed behind and got some water to boil with the electric kettle. I sensed her looking at me fondly before turning to get cups from the cupboard.

When our cups of hot drink were ready, we sat on the sofa, facing each other.

“How have you been, darling?”

“I’m okay, Auntie.” I answered shyly. I wondered if she didn’t have any ill feelings toward me after coming our break up. Yes, it was Sehun who left and broke the relationship but then, he was still her son. It would only make sense if she would side her son than me, the ex-girlfriend. But then my wonder was answered when the gaze she had pinned on me were soft and amiable, much like how a loving mother would look at her daughter.

“You know, I’m very happy to see you again.”

I blushed and heard her chuckle. “It is the same for me, Auntie.”

“Is that so?” she asked insecurely and I nodded. “Even after what my son has done?”

“I know he did what he did because he thought it was the best for both of us. And I completely understand that.”

“Oh, dear.” She called out and stood up to take the seat next to me. She took my hand in hers and enveloped it in between both of hers. I looked up and met with her eyes, upon hearing her call my name. “Please, don’t give up on my son.” She pleaded. I didn’t say anything. “He never stopped loving you, you know. He always have loved you. And I love you for my son. I wouldn’t want any other lady for him, if it’s not you, sweetheart. Please give him a chance. Take all the time you both need.

“I know he broke your heart and I also know that you’re going to think that I am saying because he is my son and I like you very much…” I moved my head side to side. “... but he longed for you a lot. He loves you so much. He might’ve left you in distance but he never ever left your side.”

I pressed my lips together and I could already feel I was in the brink of crying. I had to swallow it back because I didn’t want to cry in front of her and at that very moment.

After a long moment of silence, she pat the top of my hand. “I know it isn’t as easy but please entrust your heart again to Sehun.” Then she went on, “My son told me that you moved in as his neighbour but he didn’t tell me that specifically, that it was across his place. You don’t know how delighted I was to hear that so I trusted my son. I knew he would do what his heart have always wanted and it warmed my heart at how hopeful my son sounded every time he talked about you.”

I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t have any words to say though there was so much inside me. I was just too overwhelmed to say anything. So, as a result, I leaned in and hugged her, the woman who have been my second mother.

After a while, I walked back inside his room while Mrs Oh said that she would be cooking soup for him. She asked me to stay by his side and honestly, that's what I wanted to do as well.

I pulled a chair from the one behind his desk next to his bed. I slipped my hand under the duvet to hold his hand, hoping to provide some warmth in him. Oh Sehun, the only man (apart from my brother), who would get me so worried I could cry in combination of frustration and grief. I was living only next door, around two meters apart from his door and yet he didn’t even bother to call me that he was this sick. If I hadn’t seen his mother, I wouldn’t know anything about it and that upset me. I wasn’t any kind of stranger like how he and Joonmyeon was before I came. I was his friend, his neighbour— we were special neighbours and yet he didn’t even bother to let me know at the time he could. But then, I knew my frustration wasn’t going anywhere at this point. Sehun was sick and I felt the need to take care of him. Besides, I wasn’t just upset, I was overwhelmed too. With what I’ve seen in this bedroom of his, what Mrs Oh said to me, and just… everything.

After glancing at the time, I pulled my phone out of my pocket with my free hand and messaged my cousin to let him know that I was safe and that I was just in Sehun’s place. I told him I would be there until I was sure that he was okay and was able to move on his on. A couple minutes later, I received a reply from him and said that he understood and that to take care of myself as he didn’t want me to catch his fever, just in case. He warned that he wouldn’t let me in the house if I ever do, I could only smirk reading that line because if I knew too well, Joonmyeon would and he would worry a lot whilst stressing in taking care of me. I didn’t reply anything after that and put my phone back inside my pocket.

My gaze tore away to Sehun when I felt him move slightly. I looked at him and he opened his eyes but not fully. His sight was on me but I could tell how heavy his eyelids must’ve felt. Then I heard him mumble my name in an unsure, sleepy and weak manner. “I must be dreaming.” He continued mumbling, sighing deeply. I realised that he wasn’t fully conscious yet. I only smiled and rubbed my thumb against his hand that I was holding, hoping it would soothe him. Then, his head sunk back to the pillow as his eyes closed again.

I let him sleep for more and after a while, I noticed that the water in the air humidifier was about to run out. I attempted to stand up to refill it when Sehun grasped my hand tightly and tugged me to sit down again. I gazed down at him, wondering if he was awake but then he was still asleep. I wondered if he was still dreaming. Then I heard him whisper, almost in a desperate manner— like it was a plea, “Please stay. Don’t leave me.” I gulped. “Don’t go anywhere and stay with me. Right here.” He continued. The tightness of the hold he held my hand with was so tight, and spoke volume of how much he wanted and needed me.

With that I sat back down and that was the only I became aware of Mrs Oh’s presence by the door. She was smiling at us as she looked at me. When she realised that I was already aware of her presence, she snapped out of it and chuckled shyly. “I’ll take care of the humidifier. Just stay with him.” She said in a comforting manner.

And I did. I nodded gratefully and my focus went back to his son.

Once done, Mrs Oh called for my attention and I looked at her like a respectful daughter of hers.

“Since I’m done cooking and you are here, I will take my leave now. I know you’ll take care of my son.” She told me quietly.

“I—” I stammered. “Are you sure, Auntie?”

“Yes. He’ll be fine, especially now that you are back in his life.”

I felt the temperature of my whole body rise up and it would be no wonder if it reflected in cheeks. I looked away, slightly embarrassed to be blushing in front of the mother of the man I love.

“Well, if he doesn’t get any better tomorrow, I’ll go back. I’m aware you have work tomorrow too.”

“Thank you, Auntie.” I said appreciatively.

“There is absolutely nothing you should be thanking me with.” She grabbed her bag. “Okay, I’ll take my leave. Take care of yourself and my son for me, yeah?”

“I will.” I assured.

“It’s really nice to see you again, darling.” She said. “And hopefully by the next time I see you, you two are back together.”

I grinned sheepishly, not really knowing what to say to that. Though, I wouldn’t deny that a part of me was hoping of that too.

As Mrs Oh left, I stayed beside Sehun and didn’t leave his side at all. It was a couple of hours later when Sehun had finally woken up and I flashed a smile, relieved to see more colour in his lips and cheeks.

“Good evening, Mr Oh.” I greeted him and checked his temperature. It was close to normal, which was a good sign. Then, I sensed his shock and bewilderment thorugh his gaze on me so I told him in assurance, “No, you’re not dreaming, Se. It’s me. I’m here.” He was still speechless, probably still comprehending my presence before him. But I carried on. He slept for almost six hours and he needed to eat. “How are you feeling? Thirsty? Hungry?”

“You’re really here?” He finally uttered, his voice gruff.

I hummed. I brushed his hair back. “You should’ve told me you were sick.” I chastised. “You should eat the soup your Mum cooked for you. It’ll help you feel better. Do you want it?”

He nodded.

“Okay, I’ll be two minutes.” I told him. “Do you think you can sit up?” I asked and he moved to lean his back on the headboard as I assisted him. “Two minutes.” I told him again and held his hand before letting go.

I stepped towards the kitchen and heated up the soup Mrs Oh cooked earlier. I grabbed a prepared warm water for Sehun to consume in a water bottle, and a glass and put them in a food tray. When the soup was warm enough and not too hot, I scooped some into a bowl and placed it on the tray along with the drink and the spoon. I carried it back to Sehun’s bedroom.

“Were you here for long?” He asked weakly as I placed the tray on his bedside table.

I looked at him softly and nodded. “I met Auntie while she was taking the rubbish out.” I explained. I was about to sit back on the chair so I could feed him properly when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me. He moved to the side, giving space for me to take and sit on.

“Sit with me, please?” He asked.

I sighed. How could I ever say no to him especially when he was looking at me with this delicate looking eyes. I curved my lips and sat next to him. “So, you’re going to eat?” I asked. “You need to eat.”

Sehun didn’t say anything and moaned as he slipped his arms around my middle, hugging me inside his arms as he buried his face on my shoulder. “You said two minutes.” He mumbled. “You took so long.” He whined, embracing me tighter. I felt his lips kissing my skin, only that there was my clothes preventing the contact.

From that, I couldn’t help but smile. Sick Sehun is a clingy Sehun. I pat his arm and wiggled myself out to reach for the bowl so I could feed him. Fortunately, he let me do my thing and blowed the soup on the spoon before feeding it to his mouth. Then, I turned to get the cup of water and had him drink some. I continued to feed him until the bowl was spotless. My lips curved with much pride, satisfied that he was obedient enough to eat and finish all of it. He looked better than the first minute I saw him. I was about to slide off the bed to put the tray back to the kitchen sink when Sehun stopped me. I gave in easily and hugged him, relief completely washing over me as I saw his countenance colour.

“I never liked it when you were sick.” I whispered against his chest.

“I’m okay.” He assured, rubbing my back.

Then I leaned my head back and glared at him, trying to look upset and mad.

“Did I worry you a lot?” He asked.

I huffed. “You did. I thought you were out with the boys so I didn’t try to call you yesterday. I didn’t want you to get sick of me. But then, I couldn’t take it this morning before I left to do some errands. You weren’t answering your phone and neither you were opening the door. I thought you weren’t here!” I raised my voice in frustration and worry.

“Shhh…” He soothed. “I’m okay. I’m sorry for not telling you and for not opening the door. I didn’t hear.” He was probably asleep then and besides, he might’ve been too weak to get off the bed anyway. “I didn’t want you to worry.”

The crease on my eyebrows remained, letting him know through my gaze that I wasn’t happy with that decision he made. Of course I would worry for him. He’s Sehun. He’s important to me.

“And why would you think I would get sick of you?” He asked curiously.

I looked away and hid my face by leaning on his chest again. I could feel his chest inflate and out, back and forth as he breathed. “Because, that’s what I thought when you left. You got sick and tired of me that’s why you need time for yourself.”

He shook his head as vehemently as he could. “I would never ever get sick of you, sweetheart. I didn’t then and I won’t ever.”

“Really?” I asked insecurely.

He nodded. “Sometimes, you were annoying and I wanted to shake you but then, I liked it at the same time because you showed how much you needed me. And the mere thought of you having someone else do those things I do for you, isn’t a very pleasant thought.”

“But you opened that opportunity when you left me.” I countered, looking up at him.

“I did.” He agreed. “It was stupid. But I suppose, I did that because my heart trusted the love I knew you had for me.”

I pressed my lips together. “You’re a lucky guy, then.”

“You have no idea how the amount of relief I felt when you told me that you don’t have a boyfriend.”

“If I had?” I asked, as a matter of hypothetical scenario.

“Then I guess I would just silently love you.” He answered. “Then I would wait. I would wait for the time to come where I could work my way back to your heart again.”

I smiled. We just looked at each other, fondly looking at each other’s gazes as he brushed the strands of my hair, curving it to the back of my ear. “Your mother told me you never stopped loving me.”

He hummed. “That’s true.”

“Is that why my face is in every photo around here?” I asked, glancing around the room before back at him.

His eyes followed where it travelled and brief perplexity in his expression turned into an affectionate one. “Yeah. I thought if I couldn’t be with you, at least I could see these photos of you and smile. It always brings me back to the time we were happy and strong together.”

“Those stolen shots…” I pointed towards it. “Really? That’s such a stalker quality.” I playfully accused, although deep inside me, I was touched.

He chuckled. “I took them because you have the habit of having your full attention at doing things you’re passionate about and also, just because… I want to.”

I hit him in the chest slightly. “Silly.”

“Besides, my stolen shots of you are your prettiest photos.”

“And why is that?”

“Because they show the natural and raw you. It’s the best thing about you.”


Author's note:
 
There's more but I decided just to put it somewhere in the next chapter. :)
I just really want to get this short fic over and done with, that's why my focus is on here for now. And yeah, more awaits till the next update.
 
Love you guys, especially when I read comments. But no pressure in leaving one, because I know it isn't easy. JUST ENJOY THE RIDE WITH THIS FIC.
 
x
 
See you in the next chapter!
 
P/S: apologies for the typos but I was excited to post this as soon as I finished which was just then. And I'm really feeling tired and sleepy so I would fix the typos when I wake up.