[Day 570]

My fantasy | yoonmin

Schizophrenia: a mental disorder characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, hearing voices that others do not hear, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and a lack of motivation.

I wasn't expecting that ignorant, little boy to come back but when the door opens again I am sure it is him. The pink cloud which is his hair can't make me think otherwise.

"You are a monster! You ing murdered a person! And it was horrifying just to hear the description of your sick crime!" he starts yelling at me for no reason.

Yet his words have an impact on me. I have an urge to change. I cannot comprehend it. I never cared about someone else's opinion. Perhaps it was because I thought that nobody was as smart as me. How the tables have turned.

After a second his breakdown stops. "You don't even deserve my saliva!" Park Jimin continues his monologue.

My heart aches. What is this feeling? Remorse? I can't help but say "The doctors said I was imagining things. That I have schizophrenia as well as other numerous mental disorders. They said all of my favorite and despicable memories were fantasies." It hurts because it's true.

"How is this relative to anything?" he asks, not even trying to hide his confusion.

"You mentioned earlier that I killed Jung Hoseok" I say, dropping another hint. If he can't get this one either, he is not worthy of the title 'the smartest one'. "In fact, I am suspecting that you are a fantasy too, Park Jimin. A part of my schizophrenic routine."

"I am not a belonging of your mind, you idiot! I am as real as it gets" he says. He runs his fingers across his chin, he takes a notepad out of his back pocket and writes something. "Why did you kill Jung Hoseok?" he asks, his notepad still in his hands.

I don't answer. This isn't an interrogation. He is a psychiatrist and maybe a detective wannabe. But this, I wouldn't say it for the world. I would never admit killing him.

But I am too late. Once again my mind fills with memories. And these memories I cannot escape.

I am in the University's library where I first laid my eyes upon him. He was different from others. Always smiling. Always caring.

He glances at me and our eyes meet for approximately 0.2 seconds before I pretend to read the book in front of me again.

My brain twists the memory once again, going fast forward 3 years. "Hoseok?" I yell. "Hobi? Talk to me!" I scream. My cursed mind knows what my heart doesn't want to understand. Even the blood has stopped pouring. I am the only one responding in any kind of way. Talking. Screaming. Breathing. Heart beating. My Hobi is dead. And there is nothing I can do about it.

When I return to reality, there are tears drying in my cheeks second by second. Then I notice my therapist's stare, the latter is looking at me, wide-eyed. As if I was crazy; funny how we use this word, not completely understanding the meaning.

"What did you just say?" he asks, not believing what he has just heard.

Could he; could he have heard me? I never yelled while hallucinating. It always seemed like a ritual of some sort, or raising too much suspicion.

We make eye-contact. For the first time, I feel weak. I can sense something new, once again, and it's definitely not the reassurance I am seeking for.

"Monster, repeat" he says, as if I would obey him. As if I was a slave, this isn't far away from the truth but while physically I am indeed prisoned, my mind can wonder off. It doesn't go through the window of the future, rather staying in its cage of the past, with regrets and past worries being the ones that are caging it in.

Park Jimin patiently waits for an answer but I have already said too much. After a couple of minutes of my mouth being shut, my new therapist writes something down on his notepad, then brushes his pink hair backwards.

I feel threatened. If this hypothetical genius has heard me, if he has picked up the hints, if he is indeed the smartest person alive then I am surely screwed. So I have to be certain that I will make Park Jimin's life a living hell.