[Day 569]

My fantasy | yoonmin

Mania: the word derives from the Greek μανία (mania), "madness, frenzy".

 

It has been 569 days, 3 hours, 59 minutes and 6 seconds since I was locked up in here, in this asylum. Most doctors don't use the term "asylum", like one word could disturb those psychopaths' twisted minds. However, I was a different case. They claimed I was too monstrous and that I should be aware of it; so this is it. My asylum. My prison.

I remember yelling in order to make the judge hear me. Make him listen that I hadn't murdered anyone. He didn't. He just ignored me. As a response to his ignorance, I threatened to kill him. Ironically, he heard that just fine. More charges being pressed. He didn't think a prison would do much to make me behave so he sent me to this asylum.

More specifically, in this room, with the white floor, white walls and white ceiling all made out of cushion material. And who can forget my beautiful white jacket that it is so avant garde it is tied from behind and without my permission.

Suddenly, memories flood my brain. An old woman with wrinkles and some gray hairs in her otherwise black raven ponytail, smiling. She is wearing an apron and she is holding a dish with stacked cookies, forming a pyramid. The smell is familiar. My mother's cookies always make me happy.

Then, the image twists and I feel extreme pain. My back hurts, it hurts so bad that I cannot breathe. I try to get up but something hits me and I fall down again on my face, gasping for the slightest sample of oxygen to inhabit my lungs. My eyes catch a glimpse of who is beating me up. Even though I already know who it is, I can't help but feel socked. My mother, my sweet, affectionate mother, is beating me up once again.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear the familiar sound of my room's door being unlocked. Finally, my lunch has arrived. But when the door opens I only see one cruel, despicable person.
"Dr Seokjin!" I glee ironically.

"Min Yoongi" he says disgusted. He looks like a wardrobe with his shoulders being so broad and his white lab coat so long.

However, a movement behind him catches my attention. It's a person, relatively short even though he is standing up straight, wearing white as well.

"It's pathetic, how you want to make me a lab rat. So, who's this? Your new favorite student in medical school?" I can't help but comment.

Hearing those words, Dr Seokjin smirks. Like he wants me to notice the young boy now moving besides the doctor.

"Actually, freak, he is a psychiatrist. And guess what?!" he says with fake enthusiasm. He lets that sink in, like the comment would make me shiver and cry or even be interested. But all I do is roll my eyes. "His IQ is 231. That's precisely the one digit higher than you, beating your high score of being the smartest. He is now undoubtedly the smartest person in the country"

I can't help but feel threatened. I was the smartest person in this world, let alone the country. I was used to beating everyone else in worldwide competitions and having the highest IQ in recorded history. It feels like someone is trying to get my place.

After some seconds the younger boy, I guess the smartest boy as well, smiles. But I will give neither him nor Dr Seokjin the satisfaction of knowing that I didn't feel safe for the first time in my life. I do what anyone does when they are threatened, throw my head back and laugh.

While doing that I am calculating in my head. Seokjin wouldn't lie for something this important because he wants to be satisfied with the reality and not some kind of joke. He also wants to see my reaction and this is the best psychopath act I can pull off. But if this boy is actually smarter than me, I am screwed.

It's been some minutes so I know that now is the perfect timing to announce what would cause the tiniest bit of suspicion "So you think that the previous holder of the 'smartest person on Earth' award could be a psychopath with his heir not having the slightest bit of mania in them? Seokjin, you disappointed me"

Seokjin indeed looks at the boy with suspicion and disbelief clouding his thoughts, I can always read this man like a book.

The boy takes the bate "I am not a psychopath" he starts excusing himself, making him even more doubtable. But what comes next out of his mouth, not even I can comprehend "If I wanted to be a monster, I would have stopped caring. Just like you did"

It is the first time in my life the word 'monster' offends me. When did I stop caring? What is this foolish youngster thinks he is saying? Am I really not caring? Seeing the confusion in my eyes, it's time for the boy and Seokjin to laugh.

This boy makes feelings bloom inside me, anger and hate and shame and envy. I have to learn that interesting person's name.

He is the first to make me feel. My inner sociopath never anticipated. Well, ever since some situations occurred.

"Dr Park Jimin will be your therapist from now on" says Seokjin before the two people that twenty four hours a day guard me, Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook, come in the room. They bow their heads to Seokjin in sign of respect and get him and Park Jimin out of here.

Now I am left again all alone. But for the first time in these 569 days, 4 hours, 4 minutes and 1 second I have something to think, to fantasize about. And that is Park Jimin, the smartest person on Earth.