All things according to plan... or not

Against The Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20 meters.

Xiumin could feel his heart beating harder with every step he took. The pull was making him breathless. 

10 meters.

[Am I doing the right thing? What if it’s a trap? Am I being played right now?] But it was too late to turn back.

5 meters.

He couldn’t remember when was the last time he got so excited like this. 

[Just a little more... Right behind this tree...]

"...”

There was an old lady, about 60 years old, sitting on a worn-out blanket. From her glittery azure robe and golden accessories, he deduced, she was a fortune teller or some kind of psychic. She just had this vibe.

The moment their eyes met, the pull stopped. He couldn’t understand why, but he was sure he found the one.

Then the old lady spoke. “What are such fine young men like yourselves doing in a place like this?... Oh, never mind. I can see.” 

She gazed at Xiumin with an understanding look. “You are looking for something. Something that can change your life.” Her eyes suddenly shined with sympathy. “Poor little boy. Lost someone who’s dear to you, right?”

Her words seemed to found his weakness. Xiumin couldn’t help but show his emotion. The sadness he tried so hard to conceal for a long time.

"You can tell? What can you say more?” he asked.

The lady chuckled. “Everything comes with a price, my dear. So do answers.”

 

'Amateur. Does she think she can fool us? Hahaha... wait! What are you doing?!’ came Luhan’s voice through telepathy, one of his power. 

'I want to know what else does she have to say.’

‘You believe her, don’t you? Are you kidding me?!!’ 

Xiumin could see Luhan throwing his hands in the air as if saying ‘really?!’ after he blocked his mind. 

He avoided eye contact with him as he handed his – their – all money to the lady. Actually, he liked this lady’s smile. She looked kind and wise... and familiar. She had this scent. 

After taking the money, the fortune teller invited him to sit before her. 

 

Luhan couldn’t understand why his brother was taking his sweet time. Just showing her his fangs or some hypnosis would have been more than enough to get the information.

Anyway, he decided to just wait and see what happens. And invited himself to sit beside the lady. Actually a young girl. [It seems Minseok can’t tell her age. Her disguise is pretty good. But how can the one not realize her healthy beating heart and delicious smell?. I guess he got rusty after being locked up inside that rotten palace!...  Wait...  I know this scent!] Luhan got closer to her to get a good look.. and smell. He didn’t care if he was making her uncomfortable when he might be able to find his little brother. 

[There's no mistake. It's Sehun's. But how does she know him?  More importantly, how did she drink his blood?  It doesn’t seem like they’re mated... Who is she?]

Luhan didn’t know what to feel about her. Even if she were some kind of cannibal and ate his brother, they would've known. Since they have a strong bond. And she didn’t even look dangerous. But having some sort of connection with his brothers, not one but two, didn’t seem like ‘just coincidence'. 

 

And so after some events, those three ended up in a dense forest, cramped on a little blanket, rather awkwardly. 

After introducing herself as Anna, she glanced at Luhan which he suspected was a disguised glare, the lady smiled warmly towards Xiumin and loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter