Stolen wig from circus

Against The Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Smallville town.


After getting her make-up done, Anir looked at herself in the mirror. She was flawless. 

With a beautifully styled wig and elegant robe, she looked like an old lady. To be exact, THE fortune teller! 

Satisfied with her look, she went to the antique store and got herself a crystal orb for gambling debt from old man Soogeun, the owner. 
Soogeun is famous for liking gamble but has no luck. He looks shady to strangers but he’s very kind. After having no child and family of his own, he instinctively took the role of caretaker to new incomers. Anir was one of them. She feels very grateful to him for taking care of her when she became all alone. 

Just one thing... she likes to use his bad habit. He doesn’t even know how much he lost to her. But in the end, there’s no ill-feeling. Smallville is a little town where everyone helps each other. Even though Anir doesn’t look like that, she always helps with whatever she could. 

"What did you plan this time, my child?” Soogeun asked hopelessly. 

Everyone knew what Anir’s like. Since all of them had been scammed by her at least twice.

“I have a great idea. I’ll swindle travelers with this disguise. No one will know what has hit them! Moohahahaha,” Anir guffawed.

Soogeun had a feeling that this time, for sure, she would get caught.

"If you get caught, tell them to bring you here. You know Sheriff Hodong will help you. And call me, okay?” he said worriedly.

"Ay~ Don’t you have any faith in me? I’ll be just fine,” Anir said cheerfully.

 

After putting her necessities in the sack, she headed to the forest path, the only way out of town.

 

The main road of Capital city.

 

“...”

"...”

“Why are you following me?”

"...”

"Hey, Luhan!”

"Oh, were you talking to me?”

"Is there anyone else besides you?”

"That’s true...”

"So?”

"Of course I’ll come with you. You need my help,” Luhan answered brightly. 

Ever since they left the palace, Luhan’s been in a very good mood. 

Xiumin stared at him for a second and said, “I’m grateful for your concern but I must do it alone. It’s my problem."

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Don’t be so dramatic. Besides what’s brothers for, right?” 

"I know you the best, remember? And I know you’re here for your own entertainment,” Xiumin deadpanned.

Luhan has always been the sadistic type when they were together. There was a time when he even told himself that he found joy in other’s misery. And Xiumin suspects for that reason alone he rejected throne too.

“Believe me, you don’t know anything about this era. And people nowadays. The commoners are nothing like palace servants and of the past. Plus, you don’t even have a shred of common sense,” Luhan said seriously.

That made Xiumin pout. Actually, that was a good point. [I didn’t have time... Well, I didn’t choose to play around like you!]

He’s been contemplating his life choices ever since Luhan came. Like, [Was I really that obsessed with my promise? But... I made a promise. To not just anyone. It was to my love... Even in that way, I wanted to be close to her. Why can’t he understand me?... But then again, I want to meet with my brothers again. What are they doing now? What happened to them then?... Was our separation.. my fault?]

Before he lost himself in his thoughts, which has been happening a lot recently, he used his last resort to stop Luhan.

"Then don’t you have a job to do? You’ll inherit Jaejoong’s title soon. You should be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter