Here we go... you peasants!!!

Against The Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing? I thought I could trust you.”

With those words, everyone in Anir’s vicinity visibly stiffened up. 

(As Mingyu was the closest to Anir from the servants, he faithfully prayed, “Rules of avoiding problem- No3: Never mess with angry women,” and took Xiao who was standing beside Luhan, to behind the giant pillar to hide from Anir. 

Xiao wasn’t sure what was the big deal. He just wanted to see his pretty noona. “Noona doesn’t get angry with me,” he weakly protested, but he still followed Mingyu. He had enough common sense to realize the tense situation. 

[This kid has a decent survival instinct,] Luhan thought approvingly.)

 

Anir didn’t smile like usual. Her face was stone cold. Her blank eyes seemed to be trying so hard not to glare. 

Sehun was the one who was affected the most. He knew he had to confess. Xiumin was being wrongfully accused because of him. But he didn’t want to be hated by her. [I messed up big time,] he thought to himself. He could even see his sigh... [Wait.. Minseok-hyung?]

Sehun looked at the said man. What he saw, made his blood run cold.  

Xiumin’s body went rigid and was looking at Anir intensely. [No... does he think Anir is Irene?! Well, right now, they look extremely identical. Not like they weren’t before... But I thought hyung can control himself... I should never have allowed them to live together in the first place!]

Sehun needed to break Xiumin out of his... state. He could see him being swallowed by his memories. He was losing control of his power. Sehun didn't know what his brother would do, as vampires love for life. He needed to protect Anir. 

Just then Joshua came in and announced the helicopter was ready to take off. (“What’s happening here?” he asked with concern.
“They’re recreating the scene from Betrayal the movie” Seungkwan replied with a serious face.

“What?”

“It’s the war between real and fake” continued DK with a dramatic look in his eyes.

"What?!”

“Ignore them,” said S.Coups.)

Sehun quickly got in between Xiumin and Anir despite his initial.. fear? 

"I'm sorry. It was my idea. I thought you needed rest," he said as he pushed Anir to Luhan and urged them to go to their party. That got him a strange look from her. Well, he couldn't blame her. After all, he never apologizes. 

 

Even though that caught Anir by surprise, she was seriously pissed off. Her eyes which were wide open for a split second hardened again and were roasting him alive. She said only “I will remember this,” before she turned around to leave for the Summer Ball. 

Sehun nodded his head with a slight wince. [It seems I dug my own grave.]

 

Anir’s face, when she turned around looked nothing like she was about to kill a just a moment ago. One could even question if she was bipolar. 

“Shall we go, my Lord?” she asked with elegance.

Luhan, who was enjoying the scene before him way too much, finally stopped smirking and offered Anir his hand. “We’re going now. Be good, boys,” and winked at Xiao who giggled adorably and waved back.


When they got outside, the mansion’s workers were once again gathered together. 

“You look stunning, Young master”

“Handsome as always”

“We wish you good luck, Young master. Show them who you are and come back safely.” 


Sehun could feel their sincerity in their words. He never realized that Luhan was this close with workers. The Luhan, who was a narcissist to the bone. The Luhan, who was a borderline sadist.

At least, used to be.

Probably.


He was feeling a little emotional. He could never imagine that he would see something like this from him. 

Sehun wasn’t the only one who was moved. He could see Duke Jaejoong putting his hand on Luhan’s shoulder with fatherly manner. [Life IS really rich, huh?]

But his proud smile disappeared without a trace when he saw Xiumin giving Anir his golden circlet. His oldest brother was smiling softly and Anir was a little confused but nevertheless grateful. 

Sehun didn’t know the full story of this accessory but knew it had something to do with Irene.

Just then, he heard someone say “They look good together, don’t they?”. Probably Hoshi. 

“I still feel a little uncomfortable mistaking him for a woman. But, yeah,” said Wonwoo.

 

‘Am I the problem? Am I in their way? Are they really fated to be together?... Is there no chance for me?’

 

Luhan helped Anir up to the helicopter like a perfect gentleman. Seeing a handsome man and a beautiful woman together, the hearts of the mansion's workers were beating for them. Even though it hasn't been long since they met Anir, they liked her so much that they wanted her to become their new young Madam. 

"Aww~ just look at them. They look so sweet together," said Person A.

"Right? Seeing our eldest young master together with Lady Anir, I feel like a proud mom. I wonder when they would announce their engagement," the head maid who worked at the mansion for 30 years said with a contented sigh. "After Duchess Jessica left, this mansion has been missing a female touch. Now that Lady Anir is here, I'm sure the life here will be much more lively."

"I'm hoping for that, too. Have you realized how Lady Anir makes our young masters smile more often? Especially our eldest young master. He's usually cool and composed, but when it comes to her, he always smiles so brightly with such a tender gaze," she clutched her chest. "Such a perfect couple."

As the maids were fangirling about their master's love life in a happy and excited atmosphere, there were a few gloomy people eavesdropping. One of them was their current Head butler, Sehun.

[What 'perfect couple'? Ha! Luhan hyung doesn't even think of her like that. And Anir is much denser than concrete on this subject... What 'Young Madam'? Just be grateful that she's not out there scamming your masters.]

He stomped his foot and abruptly turned around to head for the kitchen. 

(Meanwhile, Mingyu who saw Sehun heading to the kitchen, looked horrified as he pulled on Jeonghan's sleeve and whispered, "He went to sulk again. I'm honestly tired of him just sitting there and cleaning silverware. From what I see, he should just go and confess to Anir."

Seungkwan dived into their conversation in a gossipy manner, "And did you see the tension between them earlier? I bet there's a love triangle going on!"

"Between whom?" Jeonghan asked in confusion. It was the first time he considered a love triangle in their relationship. "It's not Luhan, right? Cause I'm rooting for Sehun," he declared.

"No, no. From what I see Luhan only sees her as a younger sister. Very spoiled siste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter