Idiots and Ideas

Things that Make You Sigh and Want to Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you going to let me in, or what?” Joohyun asks, raising her hand that held the plastic with two instant ramen in them, and a small thermos with hot water. “I’m not gonna stay out here all day, Seulgi.”

There were more things Joohyun wanted to ask, like who Soojung was, or why she was so mad if ever she was Soojung, and why she expects someone named Soojung to knock on her door at this time of the day.

But she’ll let it pass. It hadn’t even been a week ever since they met.

It was obvious from the way Seulgi’s mouth tried to say something; that she was speechless with what was happening, so with all the efforts that Joohyun can make to ease her a bit, the senior patted the taller girl’s head with her free hand.

“Silence means yes.”

With that, Joohyun pushes the door open wider, and went inside. Seulgi followed, still saying nothing.

 

“What’s with the gloomy face?” Joohyun asks as she pours the hot water into their ramen cups. She used the small, wooden table in the middle of the room where she thinks Seulgi eats. “Are you going through something?”

Seulgi, the mentioned person with the gloomy face, sat at the edge of her bed. Her bottom was farther from the end of the bed itself, making her legs dangle a bit. She was nervously flutter-kicking the air, panic rushing through her blood.

“Are you really going to play mime there?” the smaller girl asks. “You know what, the ditcher thing was all a joke. Don’t take it too seriously, I’m just kidding. I’m not mad or anything.”

Though of course, it might’ve been great if we pushed through with whatever you had in mind for us.

Seulgi stops the thing with her legs and sighs. “I didn’t purposely ditch you, if that’s what you thought.” She says with a hushed voice, as if afraid that she might say something that would make Joohyun lash out again.

Joohyun nods, covering both lids with their chopsticks. She opened the cupboard where Seulgi said the mugs were, and poured some hot water into it. She grabs something from the plastic she brought – that seems to be hot chocolate powder – and tore two packs open.

“Just that I didn’t even have the chance to tell Sooyoung I already had plans. And once she pulled me with her, I can’t stop her anymore.”

“It’s fine.” Joohyun says quickly. “Don’t think I’m upset or anything. It was still your call whether you take me out today or not. I just assumed and expected to spend the afternoon with you, and go home together, or something. But yeah… That happened.”

“Sorry…” Seulgi mutters again. “I’ll make it up for you, I swear. I’ll take you to the… the café just across our school. I’ll buy you cake and milkshake.”

Joohyun hums in agreement. “Yeah, I’ll look forward to that.”

Joohyun walks over to where Seulgi sat, and settled down the floor just in front of the junior. If Seulgi was kicking the air again, she would’ve certainly kicked her own senior in the face.

“How was your date?” Joohyun asks. “Hopefully you didn’t make yourself look stupid in front of her.”

Seulgi shook her head. “I didn’t make myself look like an idiot. I ed up.”

Seeing the taller girl in front of her laughing, Joohyun decided to facepalm and sigh. A real idiot we have here. “You had the chance to show off, and then you decide to mess it all up.”

The two laughed together, as if it was nothing serious. When in fact, Joohyun guesses Seulgi’s now on Sooyoung’s watch list.

Sooyoung’s surely unimpressed of the way Seulgi ‘messed’ it up, based on how desperate this kid sounds right now.

“You idiot.” Joohyun chuckled. “We’ll win her back, don’t worry. I’ll help you.”

Seulgi just sighs. It was as if breathing became painful for her. “It’ll be hard… I feel it.”

“Well, what kind of lover would just give up on the person she’s after? You’re weak.” Joohyun raised an eyebrow. “If you’re off to do that, better not love at all, then.”

Seulgi leaned backwards, as to lie down onto her bed, legs still dangling.

The senior watched as Seulgi grabbed her pillow, covered her face, and started to muffle her screaming. She was rolling left to right, and Joohyun had no other choice but to watch her and let her release all her feelings out.

This is better than stopping her. I don’t want her to suppress her feelings, that’d be harder.

Joohyun took a quick look down her wri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter