Cutting Classes and Confessions

Things that Make You Sigh and Want to Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bae Joohyun, vice president of the student council, decided to go out the office to walk around the school and breathe in fresh air.

The people in the office were too busy with their paper works that they couldn’t even respond when she asks if they wanted her to buy drinks for them.

Aside from being bored around the other officers, she took this an opportunity to take a break from her documents. After all, she’s been doing some activity proposals the whole afternoon.

As she walked towards the nearest washroom, she noticed someone walking towards her direction, wearing her backpack over her shoulders and looking down the floor.

Joohyun looked at her wristwatch. It was 2:00 PM, two hours and 30 minutes away from dismissal.

“Excuse me, where are you going?” She asks. The girl looked like an underclassman, but she was noticeably taller than the senior.

As soon as the girl looked up and saw who the voice belongs to, she immediately switched gears from leisure walking to actual sprinting, down the hall and to the staircase.

The vice president wasn’t a good runner, and this girl had long legs so it meant that she had advantage. But being a part of the student council made her forget all the times she failed to win marathons and decided to run after the girl.

 

Of course chasing this girl with the athlete built and hella good physique wasn’t an easy task, but somehow, Joohyun managed to tackle the girl down. It looked like they were having a wrestling match beforehand with their current position and their haggardness.

Joohyun didn’t want the girl to think wrong or maliciously about what she was about to do, but in order to not let her escape, she pinned down the girl’s hands with one of her own, and her free hand immediately grabbed the girl’s ID.

“Hmm…” Irene hums as she reads the ID, noticing that the girl was still trying to free herself from the senior’s grip. “Miss Kang Seulgi, it seems like you’ve been caught cutting classes.”

The girl named Kang Seulgi, who was still under Joohyun, looked away from the vice president’s eyes.

Seulgi also seemed like she was blushing; either from the heat of the weather or the proximity of Joohyun’s face from hers.

“I’m going to have to give you a warning. And I’ll have to confiscate your ID.” Joohyun continues. She stared a bit at the girl’s face, and decided she’ll go gentle on her. After all, her ID says she was just a sophomore.

“D-Do I have to do anything else..? Like, do I have to go back to my classroom after you get off me, or do I continue cutting classes and go home?”

That question caught Joohyun off-guard. Right, she needs to go back to her room.

“Or…” Seulgi continues with a smirk slightly forming. “Do we stay in this position?”

“Idiot.” Joohyun groans as she got off Seulgi and stood up.

At least, she had the heart to extend her hand and help Seulgi stand up.

But as soon as Seulgi was able to stand up, she ran again, leaving Joohyun shocked about how fast Seulgi can recover her speed from earlier.

Yeah, maybe she’s an athlete.

 

 

When Joohyun returned to the office with cans of juice, some officers were still on their seats, doing their respective tasks. The others were just relaxing and scrolling through their phones.

One of the younger officers, Park Sooyoung, noticed Joohyun’s return and temporarily averted her gaze from her phone. “Oh, Joohyun unnie’s here!” She exclaims, alarming the others.

As soon as they saw the cans of juice that Joohyun bought, they immediately stopped their tasks.

“As expected of our generous and kind vice president!” Henry, the public relations officer, says in a cheery and mocking tone.

“It’s not for free, I’m not charity.” Joohyun rolls her eyes, but still hands the guy a can. “You won’t go home later without paying me.”

The rest of the officers laughed.

The secretary, Son Seungwan, noticed something that Joohyun held in one of her hands. It was the ID of Kang Seulgi.

“Oh, you just went out to buy some drinks yet you’ve confiscated someone’s ID again? You’re so scary, unnie!” She says. “Whose ID is that?”

“Eh, some kid called Kang Seulgi.” She says as she handed everyone else their own drinks. She laid her own drink in front of her area, and hands the ID to Seungwan. ”Cutting classes.”

Seungwan gushed. “Oh my, it’s Kang Seulgi!” She snickered and took out her phone to take a picture with the ID. “She’s my friend. We belong to the same classes since freshman year!”

“Well,” Joohyun snatched the ID back. “Your friend cuts classes. You better tell her off about it.”

“I do!” By now, the other officers returned to their work (and their leisure scrolling through their social media accounts), and Seungwan was still talking to Joohyun about Seulgi. “But I don’t know… I don’t know why it’s the first time she got caught cutting classes. She’s a good runner.”

Joohyun groaned. “Tell me about it.” She says, with full sarcasm.

But Seungwan didn’t seem to catch the sarcastic tone, as she now spazzed about how Seulgi was such a great athlete, and how she’s so hot during her hurdles league.

Oh, dear.

 

  

Joohyun found herself searching for Kang Seulgi’s account online, curious as to who she was.

The amount of likes and comments on her posts and photos were almost the same as Joohyun’s own statistics. She doesn’t look like her in photos; she was more beautiful in person… up close.

But of course Joohyun wouldn’t admit to herself that she had found someone else who sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter