Exes and Expectations

Things that Make You Sigh and Want to Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock!

Seulgi was typing her research output when a sudden visitor knocked on her apartment door. She wonders if it was a prank, or if one of her family members decided to visit. Whoever it was, she hoped it wasn’t some obsessed stalker or the like.

Reluctantly, she saved her file before she pulled the screen of her laptop down, but not fully shutting it close. She stood up from her so-called study desk and shuffled her way to the door.

Because she read too much horror stories, she decided not to peek from the peephole and just open the door.

Surprise.

Surely isn’t an obsessed stalker.

“How did you find my room?” Seulgi asks, half-amused and half-surprised. She didn’t know if she’d react violently or act warmly. “We were just talking earlier, and now you’re suddenly here. I don’t even recall giving you my room number.”

“I asked from the receptionist.” The visitor responds. “It wasn’t too hard to fool her, I just had to say I’m your sister, and she let me in. Security was weak, I get now why you said a crazy fan followed you all the way here.”

Seulgi nodded. “What are you here for? I was doing my research just before you came.”

When the visitor dropped her handbag, she immediately hugged Seulgi.

“I missed you.” She says. “It’s almost been half a year, and I just went by to ask if you’re doing fine.”

“I am.” Seulgi says. She tried to free from the pouting girl’s embrace, and avoided eye contact she knew she’ll fall for. “And I think that answers your curiosity. You’re now free to leave.”

The visitor huffed. “You’ve gotten cold? Since when?”

“Since you left me.” Seulgi grins. “It’s been half a year now, Soojung. Please respect my privacy and never come back here again.”

The visitor – Soojung – remained silent. She’s right, Seulgi had changed ever since the girl had left her. And maybe it was a dumb decision to try to win her back, now that Seulgi had been famous and probably had a legion of fans for her.

“Just because I still text you back doesn’t mean I want you back in my life.” Seulgi says. “I hope you’re happy with… Who was that guy you exchanged me for? Kai?”

And that left Soojung with no words.

“I hope you’re happy, Soojung.

“Because I’m happily courting someone else now.”

 

 

Seulgi’s usual routine was to get up, take a bath, try to iron her uniform correctly, and to microwave a meal for breakfast. As she heats the food up, she scrolls through some new messages she received from family, friends, and fans.

The girl didn’t know why, but she felt disappointed seeing that there were no new messages from her senior, Joohyun. Not even any questions about where she’ll be taking her to later. Not even a simple good morning.

But the older girl was online, so Seulgi decided to hit her up with a good morning message.

If she won’t give me one, then I’ll start the conversation.

 

Hi! Good morning, I hope you have a great day!

 

Joohyun: Are you always this cheerful?

 

Not really! But I’m excited for today, just in case you’re wondering!

You probably aren’t, hehe.

But it would be nice if you thought of me!

 

Joohyun: Nope.

 

Aww… Come on.

At least did my good morning message make you smile?

Please tell me it did!

 

Joohyun: Nope.

 

Hehe fine. See you later :*

 

Joohyun left her on read, but she understood why she did. Maybe she shouldn’t annoy her too much.

The microwave stopped and beeped, cuing Seulgi that it was time to eat the baked macaroni she chose.

It was what Soojung gave her before she left the building.

It would be a waste if I didn’t eat it.

Good food is still good food, no matter who it came from!

 

Seulgi arrived

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter