Quizzes and Questions

Things that Make You Sigh and Want to Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took Joohyun a few seconds to take in the fact that Seulgi was trying to impress Sooyoung.

Park Sooyoung, at that.

Joohyun almost wanted to laugh, just thinking of seeing Seulgi dating her colleague in the council. Despite Sooyoung being a coldhearted, sharp-tongued lady, she wonders what made Seulgi her want her.

Just hearing Seulgi talk with her normal speaking way, she could already see the huge difference between the two.

Seulgi, I’m so sorry sweetie, you’ll be rejected. Joohyun wanted to say that, but she guesses she can’t stop young love.

There was pain in her chest, maybe it was from the shocking revelation, but she tried to look glad that at least her junior had motivation to study.

“Ah, knowing Sooyoung, she’d probably have high standards when it comes to long-term relationships. Normally, she just make idiots her flings and slaves, but the fact that she’s giving you a chance means she sees a potential in you.”

“Yeah. I hope so.” Seulgi mutters in embarrassment. “Kind of silly, right? For someone like me to even try to date her.”

Joohyun leaned close to flick Seulgi’s forehead, making the younger one yelp from the sudden physical attack. “Don’t say that! Although it’s evident that I loathe people like you, you’re a precious gem that Sooyoung has to keep.”

The girl beside her nodded. “Our friendly date would still push through later, right?” Seulgi asks, scared that the senior would kick her out of her office after just confessing she was ‘playing’ with her. “Or… would this be the last time I’ll be able to talk to you like this?”

“No worries, I still saved you from getting sent to the office. I need a treat, as promised.” Joohyun stuck her tongue out for a second, making Seulgi flustered. Maybe it was from my unexpected reaction. “Anyway, trying to woo Sooyoung would be a hard task. Maybe I can help you on that too.”

Seulgi, as if she had already taken a lot of blows from the unexpected Joohyun, blushed and stared at her senior. “Would you really..? It’s embarrassing, you’ve done a lot for me already.”

“Just means you’ll have to treat me after classes more often.”

“Uhh… Didn’t you say you don’t want to be seen with anyone?” The junior curiously asked. Gratitude can be painted from her expression though, letting Joohyun know that she was willing to do what she asks of her.

Joohyun, with one final of pen on the paper, grinned.

“That makes you an exception, then!”

The senior hands the paper filled with equations to the dumbfounded junior, exactly ten minutes before the lunch break ends.

“Better get studying, you have a few minutes before you go through Hell, kid.”

 

 

It was the last subject, and also the last quiz Seulgi will be taking for the day, before she meets Joohyun again. For now, she has to deal with trying to focus on Physics rather than Sooyoung’s long, lush hair right in front of her.

The world is an . Seulgi thinks. I want to pass this test, but the Lord sure is tempting me to fail through Park Sooyoung.

“Hmm… velocity, velocity, velocity…” She grumbles to herself under her breath, tapping the eraser of her pencil against the test paper. “What was that equation again…? , and this was the last item…”

Frustrated, she scratched her head. It was getting annoying that along with the ticking of the clock in front of the class, the way her brain throbbed had echoed through her mind.

The past quizzes were also a pain in the . Information overload.

The beauty in front of her yawned, loud enough to startle Seulgi from her inner dilemma. Sooyoung stretched her arms as she did, making the idiot girl behind her watch it rise from her side.

Oddly, there was a scribble-like note written just under her elbow.

Seulgi unintentionally squinted her monolidded eyes, attempting to decipher it out of curiosity.

That’s… the equation for the last number?!

Delighted and thankful, Seulgi coughed to let Sooyoung get the cue that it was alright and that she was glad she did that. She took a mental note to thank her before going to Joohyun.

Sooyoung dramatically brought her arms down and shook them a bit, giving the proctor the idea that she was shaking off her ‘drowsiness’. After the proctor looked away, the taller girl glanced from over her shoulder and gave Seulgi a quick wink.

What a way to end the day. Seulgi kept the smile to herself, finishing the last item. Such a blessing.

I’ll get you, Park Sooyoung.

 

After the class passed their respective papers, the proctor left. Everyone started packing up things and chatting about where to go to destress from the downpour of tests.

Sooyoung shifted her position in a way that she’ll be facing Seulgi from her seat. The latter was fixing her bag.

“You free this dismissal?” Sooyoung asks. “You’re lucky I’m a sharp listener, I heard you struggling with the last number. I almost lost my mind there, too.”

“Thanks, by the way!” Seulgi exclaims, shocked from the sudden conversation. She almost dropped her pencil case. “Uhh, it was embarrassing. I should’ve already known what to use, I told you I’ll try my best for you.”

Sooyoung chuckled. “It’s fine. I’m glad I helped.” The smiled on her face made Seulgi’s heart leap great heights. “Do you think you can hang out with me at the café across the campus? I reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter