Lisa and Bambam and Yugyeom

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I was gonna go get Bowi before I get here but I wanted to see you first.” Yugyeom admitted, scratching the back of his head.

“Oh, I missed Bowi. I think I’m gonna visit her sometime.” Lisa said.

The two of them are walking around town, didn’t really have an exact destination. It’s just that the afternoon is nice and it’ll be a shame to just spend it indoors.

Lisa just got back from sending off her parents to the airport. Lisa was sure emotional but not as emotional when she talked to her parents the night before. It was probably Lisa’s most memorable moment in her life.

She was sitting next to her mom on the bed while her father is on the couch adjacent to them. She was almost hiding in her mom’s side, a little bit scared of her father after screaming at him a while ago.

Lisa was in the middle of apologizing to both her parents for acting harshly when her dad went near her and her mom, kneeling in front of them. She looked at her mom for explanation but her mom was quick to wrap her arms on her husband, tears flowing down her cheeks. Lisa didn’t understand a thing but when her dad broke down in tears and started apologizing, she couldn’t help but cry too.

Lisa’s mother, for the first time in years, voiced out her feelings. She was hurting but kept silent because she knows that her husband just wanted the best for them. Lisa’s father, for the first time too, listened. He opened up his ears and eyes to their cries. He felt bad and ashamed. If he could, he would turn back time to change the decisions he made in the past. But he knows that that is impossible so all he’s left to do is to make up for the future. And that’s exactly what they agreed to do.

It was a very heartwarming moment. It might have been filled with tears but it definitely made their family better, happier.

 

 

Yugyeom and Lisa stopped their stroll when they reached the town garden where they’ve been last night.

Yugyeom sat to where they were sitting last night and Lisa sat beside him.

Yugyeom took a deep breath. “That was a long night.”

“It is.” Lisa agreed. “So you knew about it already, huh?”

Yugyeom nodded in guilt. “Bambam told me about it this morning.”

“Of course.” Lisa smiled. “By the way, don’t you think Bambam is a bit weird lately?”

Yugyeom felt a whirlwind in his stomach. “Huh? I-I don’t know. I don’t think so.” He said looking away, afraid that Lisa might notice he’s lying.

Lisa turned to Yugyeom. “Are you sure? He was definitely acting weird a lot lately.” She said shaking her head a bit, mostly talking to herself.

Yugyeom ignored her, trying to get away from the topic. He went for his bag and took out a small pouch and a small envelope.

He looked at Lisa who’s mindlessly kicking rocks on the ground. He took a deep breath before giving the pouch and envelope to her.

Lisa was startled when Yugyeom’s long hand are in front of her. She blinked a couple of times before realizing she should get it.

“What is this?” Lisa asked.

“I-I just—I really thought you’re leaving so I wanted to give you something.” Yugyeom stuttered. He turned to Lisa and found her opening the envelope. He extended his arm to stop her immediately. “No! Don’t. It’s embarrassing. Please read it when you get home.”

Lisa jumped in surprise. She looked at Yugyeom grinning. He’s definitely blushing.

“Okay.” Lisa said smiling, leaving the letter on her lap. “Can I open this?” she asked, taking the pouch.

Yugyeom sighed in embarrassment before nodding.

Lisa giggled before turning to the pouch and opening it. When she has opened it completely, she was surprised by a necklace with a small pendant made out of felt. Lisa took it in her palm and looked closely at the felt pendant. Lisa looked at it closely.

“Oh my gosh,” Lisa exclaimed when she realized what it was. It’s a puppy head with ears like a ribbon bow. It’s Bowi. It’s cut a bit messily but it’s definitely Bowi. “This is so cute, Yugyeom. This is beautiful!” she said looking at Yugyeom.

Yugyeom’s heart melted when he saw Lisa’s bright smile; her eyes almost shining in happiness. It was definitely worth not sleeping for and the cuts he had for making it.

Lisa tries wearing it but had trouble reaching for its lock on her nape.

“Can you help me?” Lisa asked, turning her back to Yugyeom.

“Yeah, of course.” Yugyeom asked reaching for the necklace’s lock. Electricity sent all over his a body caused by the innocent touch.

“Thank you so much, Yugyeom.” Lisa said when it’s finally hanging perfectly in her neck. “I love it.” She said beaming with smile.

“Of course, you should.” Yugyeom said, making the atmosphere a bit lighter.

Lisa gave him a fake side eye before giggling.

“I really thought you’re leaving for good.” Yugyeom said. “I’m glad you talked to your Dad and things went well. Are you staying for good?”

“Well, I’m still leaving.” Lisa mumbled.

“Oh.” Yugyeom hummed, a bit disappointed. “When?”

“In three months.” Lisa answered.

Yugyeom didn’t know what to say next.

“Then be back after a couple of months.” Lisa added.

Yugyeom looked at her in puzzle.

Lisa grinned. “My Dad and I made a compromise. I’ll go back to fix some papers and finish my last semester to graduate and…” she trailed off.

“And?” Yugyeom asked, expectant.

Lisa’s smile turned wider. “And come back here for college.” Her eyes are full of hope and anticipation. “I’ve been looking it up and there are a lot of good universities here that offers the program that I want.”

Lisa looked at Yugyeom, whose eyes are still in shock, trying to process the information Lisa is spitting.

“So,” Lisa continued. “I’m gonna be stuck here with you and Bambam for college. That is I mean, if you’re planning to stay for college. What are your plans for college, anyway?”

Yugyeom is still in shock. “Lisa, wow. I don’t even know what I want for dinner yet and you already got college figured out.”

“Yugyeom,” Lisa mumbled. “I’m serious. What are your plans?”

Yugyeom shrugged. “I don’t know. I-I haven’t really figured it out yet, honestly.” He turned to Lisa. “But whatever it is, I’m just glad you’re gonna be here with us. With me.”

 

 

Bambam got lost track of time and got home a little bit late. Lisa is still not home though when he arrived. She texted him that she and Yugyeom’s going to grab dinner before going home.

Right after dinner, Bambam went straight to his room, no intention of waiting for Lisa to get home. It would be a lie to say that he doesn’t get hurt anymore with Lisa and Yugyeom being together. It’s just that he’s a bit preoccupied these past days. Sure, he has promised himself he’s done with his feelings for Lisa but now that she is staying for sure, pain and worry are slowly creeping back in him. Pain is inevitable, of course. But he can’t help to worry too that maybe he can’t move on. Maybe he really can’t let Lisa go for Yugyeom. Maybe it will be the end of their friendship.

But he is Yugyeom. He is the R2-D2 to his C3PO, the Woody to his Buzz Lightyear, the macaroni to his cheese. He is his partner in crime, his best friend, his brother. Bambam has long realized that he can’t live without Lisa but in reality, he can’t afford to lose Yugyeom either.

Bambam has survived being away from Lisa for five years, but thinking about it now, not talking to Yugyeom for five days is so much worse. He is wondering how he even survived not talking to him, not messing together, no after class basketball, not spending afternoons doing nothing together. Bambam felt his heart tight once again. This time because, amidst all the drama, he just misses his best friend so much.

Bambam is sitting in his computer chair just by his study table. He slouched in his seat and let his head fall. He closed his eyes trying to calm his stormy thoughts.

“Wow, I can’t believe you didn’t even wait for me to get home.”

Bambam almost fell from his seat when he heard Lisa speak. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t even noticed she came inside his room. She is sitting on top of his study table when he opened his eyes.

“When did you get so jumpy?” Lisa asked, mindlessly looking through Bambam’s stuff.

“Don’t you ever knock?” Bambam mumbled fixing his posture on his seat.

“What? Are you hiding stuff from me now?” Lisa accused which speaks more truth in Bambam’s ear than Lisa intended. “Besides, I did knock, a couple of times in fact. But you didn’t answer, so, I just invited myself in.”

“I didn’t hear anyting.” Bambam said.

“Yeah, ‘cause you’re sleeping. You didn’t even wait for me.”

“I didn’t come home late that’s why.”

“Late? Bam, it’s eight pm.” Lisa said. “Anyway, you should have come with us.”

Bambam turned away. “I told you, I had something to do.”

Lisa stared at him. “Is there something going on with you and Yugyeom?”

“What? No.” Bambam was quick to deny, motioning his chair away from Lisa so he can stand.

Lisa immediately stops him though, reeling the chair back to face her. “Are you sure?”

Bambam looked at her, thinking about telling her about all the things going on in his head. Maybe he should tell her.

He sighed. Reeling the chair harder so he can escape her. “Nothing, Lisa.” He said giving Lisa a smile before laying down in his bed. “Don’t stress yourself too much. Everything is fine.” He convinced her. Truth is, he is convincing himself more.

Lisa just sighed knowing there is more between Bambam’s assuring words. But she brushed it off, again. She thought that if Bambam doesn’t want to tell him about it now, he’s going to tell her when he wants to.

Instead, she went and followed Bambam to his bed, sitting beside him and resting her back on the bed’s headboard.

“What are you doing?” Bambam frantically asked when Lisa slipped herself under his covers.

“I’m sleeping here tonight.” Lisa declared.

“What?” Bambam dramatically asked. “You can’t!” he said inching away from Lisa.

“Why? We used to have a lot of sleepovers before.” Lisa said.

“Yeah, when we were ten.”

“So what? Did anything change?”

Bambam’s heartbeat went faster than a cheetah running. He looked at Lisa trying to see if she knows something. What if she does?

But she doesn’t, she’s just completely messing up with him.

“Yes, you have a boyfriend now.” Bambam blurted out, making a whole in his own chest.

Lisa looked at him, horrified. “I-he’s-he’s not my boyfriend.” Lisa stuttered, her hand automatically went for the necklace hanging in her neck.

“That’s an ugly looking puppy.” Bambam commented when his eyes caught where her hand went. “Where’d you get that?”

“This? Oh,” Lisa said. “Yugyeom gave to me.”

“And you’re telling me he’s not your boyfriend.” Bambam digs another hole in his chest.

Lisa just rolled her eyes, unable to answer because, truth is, she didn’t know what they really are—officially.

“That’s an ugly puppy. Where did he get that?” Bambam asked.

Lisa gave shot him an angry look. “He made this.”

“What?” Bambam couldn’t help giggling. “That’s why.”

“You’re so mean!” Lisa hit him in the chest. “He thought I was really leaving—well, I really was. Anyway, he stayed up all night making this and said it’s Bowi. Oh my gosh, Bambam, he’s the sweetest.”

Bambam looked at Lisa carefully. As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter