Bambam, Lisa, Yugyeom

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’s not a day that went by, since Lisa arrived, that wasn’t spent with she and Bambam hanging around. It was exactly like when they were kids, except this time, the pair became a pack of three with Yugyeom tagging along. Bambam didn’t expected it but Yugyeom and Lisa got along just fine, sometimes even teaming up against him and teasing him.

Bambam, however, was yet to sort of how he actually feels for Lisa. All of a sudden, Lisa isn’t just the wimpy kid he knew. Suddenly, Lisa is a girl whose laugh sounds like angels singing; whose smile looks like the sun shining brightly even on a gloomy day. Before he can realize it, Bambam founds his heart beating fast at the sight of Lisa’s eyes shimmering or at the lightest, most innocent touch. It wasn’t always, he’s thankful, they can still mess around like they used to. Lisa is still the careless girl he used to know who always acts tough. She still laughs like an old man at times; still farts or sneezes, yawns without covering in front of Bambam and he doesn’t care. It was weird for Bambam feeling something for Lisa that he hasn’t felt before—a feeling that excites him but at the same time, make him feel like home. It confuses him a lot, but most of the time, he finds himself more happy than usual.

That is until things started to turn a bit differently, making things a bit weirder. Lisa and Yugyeom became really close in an instant, which Bambam found really cool—at first. Until he started feeling something between the two, like a spark or something. There was something different that he didn’t expect. At some point, he will find Lisa laughing hysterically at some lame joke Yugyeom will say that Bambam swears to God is not even an inch funny. He knows Lisa and Lisa is a smart girl who doesn’t get swayed easily by corny jokes. Yugyeom, was a bit more obvious. He is always excited to see Lisa, always pestering Bambam if she’ll hangout with them after class or if he can spend weekends at Bambam’s place so all the three of them can hangout together. What drives Bambam crazy is that he hated it. He can’t figure out why but he hates it when Lisa laughs so hard at Yugyeom’s nonsense jokes and always feel like hitting Yugyeom in the chest when he’s pestering him about Lisa. There was an undeniable connection between the two and Bambam hates it especially at times when his best friends got lost in their own world and he feels like he’s not part of it anymore. But most of the time, the resentment really is towards Yugyeom, like he wanted to take him away from his best friend. He hated that Yugyeom is too close to Lisa that it’s making him uncomfortable.

Bambam hated how he feels. He felt immature about being selfish, like he didn’t want to share Lisa to anyone else, not even—especially not—to Yugyeom. He hated feeling jealous of his two best friends growing close so he tried to push the feelings away. He’s too old to throw tantrums anyway and, actually, it is a pretty petty reason to point out. He feels like telling Yugyeom and Lisa about will just end up with the two of them teaming up against him—something that he didn’t want. So he just stayed mum about it everytime, acting like nothing is bothering him at all.

 

 

“Hey, it’s nine in the morning, where are you going?” Lisa asked Bambam when she saw him by the door putting on his shoes.

“Oh, good morning.” Bambam greeted not looking up from his shoes. “Didn’t I tell you? Yugyeom and I are volunteering at the animal shelter. We do it every month and we’re scheduled today.”

“Oh.” Lisa said. “Can I come?”

Bambam finally stood up. “Huh? You never like pets, right?” Bambam asked puzzled.

“I do.” Lisa said standing beside Bambam to get her shoes too. “I used to have a puppy right? Lala?”

“Oh yeah.” Bambam answered.

He didn’t actually forgot. Lala was a poodle Lisa had. It was a gift from her Dad when she was six. She loved it. They both do actually. But it died just a year after. It was Lisa’s first ever pet and she was so heartbroken when she died. She spent days crying, at one point, she didn’t even want to talk to Bambam. It hurt Bambam seeing her like that and was desperate to make her feel better. Bambam even tried convincing his mom to buy Lisa a new puppy as a gift but Lisa was so heartbroken she didn’t even want a new dog after that.

“Let’s go.” Lisa declared cheerfully, dragging Bambam by his arm.

Bambam stayed in his place, a bit hesitant. “Are you sure?”

Lisa looked at him for a moment as if thinking about it too before flashing a bright smile that almost blinded Bambam. “Of course, come on.”

The animal shelter isn’t that far from Bambam’s house. Bambam and Lisa took the bus and a few stops after, they arrived at the bus stop where Yugyeom is waiting.

“You’re late, bro!” Yugyeom said as soon as he saw Bambam. “I’ve been waiting fo—“ he was about to rant some more until he saw Lisa trailing from behind Bambam. “Oh, hi Lisa.” He said with a gentle wave before putting his hand behind his head.

"I didn't know you like pets." Yugyeom asked Lisa when the three of them started walking.

Bambam, who's walking between the tw—his arms wrapped around Yugyeom's neck as if strangling him—waited for Lisa to respond, wondering if she'll share the story of Lala.

It took Lisa a while before answering. Bambam and Yugyeom are patiently waiting, both looking at Lisa. Bambam swore that Lisa looked plain a while ago when their at home but now, her hair is up in a half do—accenting her fringe and her lips are looking a more pink. She is beautiful but at the same time looked a bit different.

"Well, sort of." Lisa finally answered.

Bambam didn't say anything anymore as well as Yugyeom, he somehow sensed that something is up and he can't quite point out but is too shy to ask.

When they arrived at the animal shelter, Paul greeted them at the door.

"Hey boys," he greeted. "And girl." he added when he noticed Lisa with the two regular volunteers.

"Oh, hey Paul." Bambam greeted. "This is Lisa, my friend from abroad."

"Hi." Lisa said smiling with a polite nod.

"Oh, you're Lisa!" Paul said.

"Yeah," Lisa said, nodding nervously. "Do you really tell everyone in this town about me?" She whispered to Bambam but was loud enough for Paul and Yugyeom to hear who both chuckled leaving Lisa with burning cheeks.

"Well," Paul started. "Let's continue this later. You're actually just in time, we kinda need a hand over here at the shelter."

Paul started walking and the three followed. Paul isn't much older than them, he is in college taking up veterinary as a course so it's not a surprise that he is volunteering in the shelter too. Also, he's very fond of dogs and his uncle owns the shelter.

"We rescued three dogs today." Paul explained as he opens the door of the mini operating room. "Badly wounded. Two were caught in a dog fight while one was found beside the road. We think he got ran over a motor bike or something.

Lisa froze in her place. Lala was hit and ran over by car then.

They were about to enter to when Bambam realizes this. He looked beside him and found Lisa standing still, her eyes welling in tears.

"Carry on, bro." Bambam whispered to Yugyeom as he push him inside. "Give me a second, I'll follow."

Before Yugyeom could ask was going on, the doors were already closed and he was greeted by the chaos at the emergency room. All the veterinarians running around, saving the lives of the three dogs.

Behind the doors, Bambam and Lisa are left.

Bambam held Lisa in her shoulders. As soon as he did, Lisa felt her whole body got weak.

"Hey, hey," B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter