ch2

Thawing

: HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY KYUNGWON AHH I LOVE YOU SO MUCHHHHH I MISS YOU SO MUCH AND IM WAITING FOR A BDAY VLIVE <3

------------------------------------------------------

D-1 till school.

 

Yebin is lying on her bed, getting ready to sleep.

 

*flashback*

 

Yebin, Kyungwon and Minkyung went camping together.

 

“Geez, where’s my teddy bear???!!!” Yebin is searching every bag anxiously.  

 

Minkyung turned around, “What teddy bear? You’ve brought a teddy bear to the campsite?”

 

Kyungwon shook her head, “I guess she’s referring to her hair band with that large bear on it. I told you not to bring something like that.”

 

“I bet it got snagged on one of those tree branches we passed by when we were walking. I’m going to find it,” Yebin contemplated, ignoring her sister and ran away.

 

“But, it’s getting late…Yebin ah, why don’t we...”

 

“Let her be, Minkyung. She panics when she finds her stuff missing. She’ll know what to do.”

 

“But it’s so dark now,” Minkyung stood up, “I’m going with her.”

 

She followed the way Yebin ran and soon saw the short girl standing under a tree and looking miserably at a branch, which is too tall for her to reach. As Minkyung walked closer, she saw the teddy bear hanging on it.

 

The tall girl stretched her hands and removed the hair band from the branch at the back of the little girl. She eventually back hugged the miserable girl and gave the teddy back to her.

 

Yebin was surprised. She saw the teddy bear Minkyung was holding, then looked at her face. Their faces were only few centimeters apart and the younger one felt herself blushing.

 

Yebin released the hug and took the teddy bear.

 

“Wow, thanks. You’re real tall, “ Yebin stares at the teddy.

 

“Let’s go, your sister’s waiting,” Minkyung held Yebin’s chin and lifted her head up. Their eyes met and Yebin felt strange. 

 

She was nervous. 

 

What the hell is wrong with you, Kang Yebin.

 

Even though the two of them were camping together with Kyungwon, they weren’t really that close because most of the time when they were together, Yebin was playing with Kyungwon and Minkyung was chatting with Kyungwon. And so Minkyung tried to start a conversation when they were walking back to their tent.

 

“Yebin ah, how’s school? Do you like…”

 

“AHHH! WHAT THE HECK!!! A FROG!!!! IT'S HOPPING!!!! OH MY GAWD!!!!” The frightened Yebin squeals and rushes to Minkyung. The older one loses her balance and fell backwards.

 

Yebin is now on top of Minkyung, closing her eyes, hiding her face in Minkyung's chest and hugging Minkyung tight while Minkyung chuckled and stared at the girl above her.

 

She found this stupid but cute.

 

When Yebin opened her eyes and realised how embarrassing she was few moments ago and also now, she hated herself a lot. A LOT. She was so surprised that she unintentionally stared at the beautiful girl below her for seconds. Yebin saw the other girl staring back and immediately realised her acts may be uncomfortable and stood up immediately.

 

Yebin had butterflies in her stomach.

 

So did the other girl.

 

KnockKnockKnock.

 

“May I know what you were thinking that made you smile so creepily, Miss Kang Yebin? It’s Minky-related, right?” Yebin comes back to reality and sees her sister knocking on the door of her wardrobe.

 

“Do you know that you have to knock the door before coming in?”

 

“Yes, I do, and I did. , you aren’t responding cause you’re daydreaming happily. Now tell me, is it Minky-related?” Kyungwon jokes.

 

“No. And it’s none of your business,” she lied.

 

Yebin inwardly slaps herself. What the were you thinking just now? Wake up and give up. You shouldn’t be recalling anything about her.

 

“I’m getting ready to sleep. Why are you here?”

 

“Just to clear things up that have been on my mind ages,” she stopped joking. “Yebin ah, tell me. Why are you avoiding Minky for so long...like I’m not being nosy...ergh...it’s just…”

 

“It’s okay. I understand.”

 

Yebin always knows that her sister is in a difficult situation, helping her avoid Minkyung and helping Minkyung by persuading Yebin to stop avoiding. Kyungwon isn’t those sisters who want to know everything about their sisters and starts giving ty advice and nagging. As the two of them will be in the same school, same class starting from tomorrow, she wants to find out a better solution.

 

“You know, school starts tomorrow. You can’t possibly avoid her forever.”

 

Yebin sighs. I really wanted to avoid her forever.

 

“It’s like, when you realise something you really wanted so badly won’t be yours, and never will be yours, you know you have to give up. But when those things are just too important that it hurts just when you started thinking about it, you try to avoid seeing it, hearing it, thinking it, feeling it. When it comes to people, your selfishness may even ruin the relationship that you've treasured for so long, so you......leave quietly.” 

 

Yebin sits up straight, looking at the window.

 

“I’m afraid. If I see her, I know I’ll be greedy. I don’t want to further hurt myself, and her.”

 

Kyungwon tilted her head, looking confused. She’s recalling how Minkyung reacted when Yebin stopped talking to her and how she looked when she found out the girl she wanted to see wasn’t going to show up that day. She was so so so unhappy and so so so disappointed. She has no idea why her sister is making such a statement.

 

She wanted to tell her everything, but she hesitated.

 

They have to figure it out themselves.

 

Kyungwon smiles, “Thanks for telling me, Yebin ah. Now, go to sleep.” She steps out of the room. “Oh, by the way, I’m not going to school with you tomorrow. I’m accompanying Minkyung to see Mr. Ma. He wanted to see those externally promoted students.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Yebin saw Kyulkyung and Eunwoo sitting at the back of the classroom chatting (or I should say flirting) as she enters the classroom.

 

She sees many familiar faces, which isn’t a surprise because they are all from the same middle school. All of her classmates are here. In fact, their middle school is just next to their high school and they can access to the other campus after class time. So, her friends, Kyla, Sungyeon and Xiyeon, who are still studying in middle school can come and find her whenever they want.

 

“Hi, guys,” Yebin tries to squeeze a smile. She’s worrying about everything that will be happening today.

 

“Oh, Beaaans, you’re hereeeeeeeeeeee. Do you feel better now?’ Eunwoo hugs and greets Yebin passionately, pretending to give kisses to Yebin.

 

“You stormed off last time. You scared us.”

 

On that day when Yebin realised that Minkyung was coming back, she left the store after paying the uniform without bidding them goodbye. Kyungwon came back home late that day and Yebin knew that Kyungwon had told Eunwoo and Kyulkyung who Minkyung is, how they know each other and the fact that Yebin liked her then.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Are you excited, bae?”

 

“Erghh...no...why...would I?” she rolls her eyes, trying to push the kissing Eunwoo away. ”You should give all your kisses to Kyul, not me.” Kyulkyung blushes.

 

Eunwoo stops, “Listen, I’m not going to give these kisses to anyone, not even MY princess Kyulkyung.”

 

Kyulkyung likes Eunwoo calling her ‘HER princess’, but she’s unimpressed with the overall statement.

 

What Kyulkyung doesn’t understand is that Eunwoo didn’t mean to not give her kisses. She wanted to give her real, sweet kisses.Those only for lovers. Those only for her.

 

The warning bell rings and their class teacher, Mr. Ma, walks into the classroom. Minkyung is following behind him. Yebin starts staring at the floor, at the table, anywhere where she won’t have to look up and see Kim Minkyung’s face.

 

“Boys and girls, welcome back to school. I’m sure you all know each other well even though you guys are now technically in another school.”

 

He continues,”And today, we’re welcoming Kim Minkyung to our class.”

 

ClapClapClap.

 

“Hi. My name is Kim Minkyung. You can all call me Minkyung or Minky. I’m actually older than you guys so maybe I’m the unnie and noona in this class? Anyways, I hope we can all be friends.”

 

As Mr. Ma is talking something unimportant, the tall girl is scanning the class to find where her long-lost friend is sitting at.

 

Yebin is actually quite short, so she can actually hide behind someone and prevent from being spotted easily. However, she keeps moving around, staring at different places with her head down, thinking that no one will be able to find her out.

 

But it made things more obvious.

 

Soon, Minkyung sees her, staring here and there with her head down and she laughed inwardly. Again, she finds it cute.

 

You’re making things look obvious, stupid.

 

Suddenly, Mr. Ma calls out Yebin’s name.

 

Dammit.

 

Yebin had no choice but to raise up her hand and look up. Yebin tries to focus on Mr. Ma and not looking anywhere else to prevent any eye contact with the girl in front. Yet she still met Minkyung’s foxy eyes when she looked up at the teacher.

 

Dammit. Her eyes are still the ing same.

 

“I just acknowledged this morning that your sister, Kyungwon, is Minkyung’s best friend. Being her sister, I’m sure you know Minkyung as well, right? So, I’m sure you can help Minkyung, right? So, in this 2 months, I guess you’ll be sitting with her, right?”

 

NEH?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!

 

Yebin awkwardly smiles, “Oh, yeah. I think so.” She can’t say no.

 

Yebin hears someone laughing behind her. The Kyulwoo duo sitting at the back, who have been observing Minkyung and Yebin since the start, are laughing so hard at this awkward situation.

 

Imma kill you two later.

 

 

 

 

: Hi guys i'm back. sorry to keep you from waiting:( i'm having quizzes and tests almost every day these 2 weeks and i'm trying my best to spare time and write the story. hope you like it!!!! Like and subscribe and give me feedbacks!! 

oh and btw i'm giving a little bit of the background of the story here so that you can know when and where some of the flashbacks takes place. 

Background: 

When Kyungwon was studying her first year in secondary school and Yebin studying her last year in primary school, they lived in Australia as their dad had to work at there. Their neighbour was Minkyung’s family and Papa Kim is a colleague of Daddy Kang. Kyungwon and Minkyung studied in the same class and has been besties since then while Yebin studied somewhere else. Most of the time, Kyungwon and Minkyung spent time together in their neighbourhood and Yebin sometimes joined in and the trio spent their time together.

A year later, the Kangs returned to Korea while Minkyung returned to Korea 3 years later and studied the first year of high school again in Yebin’s class.

ENJOY:)