ch1

Thawing

Kyungwon runs to her macbook and answers her facetime.

 

“Yah, Kim Minkyung!! Why do you have the time to facetime me? Shouldn’t you be going to the airport by now?”

 

“I’m leaving in an hour. Besides, why can’t I call my friend when i wanted too? I missed you so much and I think we won’t see each other for ages.” the tall girl with long curly brown hair pouted.

 

“Um ok. well, you can. But I don’t see why you’re calling. We’re going to see each other every day after...ummm...2 days. So spill the beans, what’s the matter?”

 

“I told you. I missed my friend…”

 

“Ok acknowledged. I’m shutting my mac right now.” Kyungwon pretends to turn off her mac.

 

“Hey! Kang Kyung Won! Don’t you dare cut the line! I’m just here to ask a question…”

 

Kyungwon signals her to continue.

 

“I...ergh...I...ummm...Kyungwon ah, does Yebin know that I’m coming back?”

 

The smile on the girl with the short bob disappears. She sighs deeply, “You know, Minky, I really don’t like this. Every time our conversation starts with Yebin and ends with my sister, Kang Yebin. Can’t we just have another topic? Or can you just call for other random reasons?”

 

“I’m sorry...I’m just curious.”

 

“I have no idea. She’s been escaping from you for 3 years. Why do you still care about her so much and wanted to talk to her so badly?”

 

“She’s not escaping. You know, you need to sacrifice leisure time to have good results. She’s just busy...at least this is what she says…”

 

Kyungwon sighs again. When will her best friend admit the truth?

 

“I haven’t tell her yet. She’ll know it anyways. We’re in the same school and you two are in the same grade.”

 

“Yeah, and in the same class…” Minkyung mumbled.

 

Kyungwon hears the girl mumbling from the other side of the screen.

 

“YOU GUYS ARE IN THE SAME CLASS??? THE CLASS LIST IS OUT?! LIKE WHEN??”

 

“An hour ago before I called you. That’s why I’m calling. Did she say anything about that or about me or anything?”

 

“Ergh, no. I reckon she hasn’t read the list, no messages from her. If she saw it, my phone will be spammed.”

 

Dingdingding. MESSAGE FROM ROTTEN BEAN.

 

“Woah,” said Kyungwon, eyes widen. “Nice timing tho.”

 

“Is that...?”

 

“Yeah, your lovely Yebinnie.”

 

: hey unnie r u home. jung freaking eunwoo left her wallet in our home. can you take it to the mall. we re buying our uniform and she needs the money now. can you bring her wallet to the shop asap? tks

 

“Duh. Being a delivery girl again. Your lovely Yebinnie asked me to be a delivery girl for her friend AGAIN. I’ve gotta go. And I think it’s time you head to the airport.”

 

“It is. Are you going to the airport tomorrow?”

 

“I wished to. But I have to go fishing.”

 

“I’m so unimportant.”

 

“Nah. I’d like to come but I promised Xiyeon we’d be fishing tomorrow months ago. I’ll find you as soon as you arrived our district. Really have to go, bye Minky. C u <3”

 

“Kay, bye.” Minkyung shuts her laptop and stares at the bean bracelet she’s wearing, a gift she received 3 years ago.

 

Am I really that unimportant? Kang Yebin?

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Yebin, Kyulkyung and Eunwoo are buying their high school uniforms in the mall. School is starting in 2 weeks time.

 

“Kyulkyung ah, are you ready yet? Did you faint inside? Are you conscious? Do you need help?” Eunwoo is knocking on the changing room door nonstop, lying on it and crying for help.

 

“Yah, I’m fine. Stop being so dramatic, pabo.” Kyulkyung replies to Eunwoo’s cry while opening the door, pushing the latter away with her index finger on her forehead.

 

Visual queen is indeed doing her job. Kyulkyung looks hella stunning. And Eunwoo feels herself blushing from the inside.

 

“My oh my! Fantastic! Wonderful! Perfecto!” Eunwoo exclaims while hiding her reddened face behind her hands, and peeking through her fingers. 

 

“Kyul, you’re going to kill all the boys in every high school in Seoul!”

 

“I’m sure this isn’t something you wanted it to happen, Jung.” Yebin smirks as she walked out from the changing room.

 

Kyulkyung giggles.

 

Yah, Kang Ye Bin, no one will say that you’re ing mute if you stay silent for just one sec. , if you have a crush later, you’ll DIE. I swear to all gods and goddess.” Eunwoo whispers in Yebin’s ear and punches her with her fist.

 

“YAH. It hurts.”

 

“Of course it does. Or else what’s the point of hitting you?” Eunwoo smirks.

 

“Duh...as you like. I give up. How do I look?”

 

“Beans’s looking wonderful!! You’re going to attract everyone in school and you’ll be able to find a date soon!”

 

“Yeah, Yebin. You can’t just study day and night and end your school life without dating anyone. Won’t you die from boredom?” Kyulkyung adds.

 

Yes, I do. I always. But this is the only way I can do to forget her.

 

Yebin never dated anyone despite the fact she had quite a lot of suitors in the last few years, both boys and girls. But this doesn’t mean that she never found people attractive. She found Jeon Wonwoo from the next class handsome, but she never wanted to date him. There were also days where she found Park Soyeon from the dance club attractive and cool, but again, when Soyeon asked to be her girlfriend, she hesitated. She still has a girl on mind, one and only, and has been in her mind for years.

 

Kim Minkyung.

What a sweet yet powerful name that can crush Yebin into pieces.

 

“Nah, it’s not that boring and besides, I did find some people cool, beautiful and attractive. Just...I’m not into dating. Not now.” Yebin fakes a smile.

 

“So you’re paying focus on athletics, studying and singing and rapping in the upcoming years? Still?” Kyulkyung asks as she lie her head on Eunwoo’s shoulder and wrapping her hands on Eunwoo’s waist, who now feels her heart is racing so fast like a leopard.

 

“I think so…”

 

“I don’t think you’re able to do so, sister.” Kyungwon chuckles as she takes Eunwoo’s wallet out from her bag.

 

“As a sister, you should be ENCOURAGING. Although I know I shouldn’t expect too much from you.” Yebin fires back.

 

“I’m just telling the truth. You know your sister knows you the most.”

 

“And I don’t see why you say so.”

 

Kyungwon takes a deep breath, “Minkyung is coming back.”

 

Minkyung.

 

Yebin gulps. She stares at her sister, looking serious, “That’s no fun, Kang Kyungwon. You know her name is forbidden for the rest of my life.” 

 

Kyulkyung and Eunwoo look at each other, astonished and surprised. They’ve never seen Yebin look that serious in their lives.

 

“I’m serious. She’s coming back, studying in our school, living in an apartment three streets away from our house…”

 

“And she’s in our class,” Kyulkyung released her hand from Eunwoo who wanted to stop her from interrupting the conversation. “I saw her name in the class list. We are all in the same class.”

 

Damn.

 

Yebin holds her fist and stomps back to the changing room, slamming the door.

 

Bang!

 

Can you let me forget you, Kim Minkyung? Let me breathe please. I’m almost there.

 

She can imagine how ed up her upcoming school year will be.

 

Holy .

 

 

 

: hi everyone ;) its the first fanfic im writing and i hope this is ok. im sorry that there aren't minkyebin in this chapter yet ;( but school starts next chapter so hahaha stay tuned!! if you like the story do subscribe and comment!! give me some feedback :)