ch4

Thawing

Yebin and Kyulkyung gathers at Eunwoo’s house for their biology project. They’re handing it in a month later but Kyulkyung is going to a 3-week exchange progrmme in their school’s sister school in her hometown China next week, so they have to decide on their topic now.

 

“Babies, what do you want for a drink?”

 

Yebin wants cola,” Yebin mumbles.

 

“Cola plus one,” Kyulkyung looks up and grabs Eunwoo’s pinky. She is smiling like a pup.

 

“O...o...okay!” Eunwoo feels herself blushing and she runs to the kitchen as fast as possible so that Kyulkyung can’t see it.

 

Kyulkyung is explaining what she has in mind, but her partner isn’t listening. Yebin is spacing out.

 

“...So what do you think? ...Yebin ah? Hello? Can you hear me?” she waves her hands in front of Yebin’s eyes.

 

Eunwoo returns with their drinks. She whispers at Kyulkyung’s ear, “I don’t think it’s a good idea to discuss about your project today. You’re wasting your time.”

 

She rolls the can of iced coke on Yebin’s face. Yebin jumps.

 

“HEY!”

 

“Oh great, she’s alive. Thank goodness,” Eunwoo puts down a cup of tea on the desk and looks at Kyulkyung, “Your period is coming soon. You should stop drinking cold beverages, baby, or else you’ll die in pain, which I don’t want this to happen. It’s ginger tea. Good for your health.”

 

“But…”

 

“No buts. Drink it.”

 

Kyulkyung is pouting but she feels warm in her heart. Eunwoo remembers everything about her. Eunwoo has always been so caring to her but she can be bold sometimes. This is what Kyulkyung likes Eunwoo the most.

 

Yebin is sipping her cola, spacing out again.

 

“Kang Yebin??? Are you alright? You seldom space out when you’re doing projects.”

 

“Uh...Yeah...I think so. Just a bit tired.”

 

‘And a bit depressed,” Eunwoo added, “what’s going on?”

 

Yebin hesitates. She is thinking of what Minkyung said this morning and what she herself had said yesterday. She is thinking why she recently recalls so many episodes with Minkyung, when she believes that she has almost managed to forget everything related to Minkyung.

 

It took awhile for Yebin not think of Minkyung when she had decided to forget Minkyung, all of their memories and all of her feelings towards her. She refused to hear anything from Minkyung. She threw all of the photos she’d taken with Minkyung, which were eventually collected by her sister and are now kept in a shoebox in Kyungwon’s room because she swears that Yebin would regret if she really threw them away. Yet still, she kept thinking of the days when she’d hung out with her.

 

And also the thing she witnessed during Christmas.

 

In the past year, she managed to not think of Minkyung. When she got bored, she managed to think of something else. Athletics has been her mental support. She hangs out with her friends, dances and sings with Nayoung, Eunwoo, Kyulkyung, Yewon, Sungyeon, Xiyeon, Kyla and her sister. She has been keeping herself busy.

 

But since the day she knew Minkyung is coming back, everything changed. She recalls her time with Minkyung every day, thinks of her almost every moment and of course, thinks of the heartbreaking incident (in Yebin's point of view) that changed her attitude towards Minkyung. She feels so ed up. All of her effort seems wasted.

 

“You should tell us, Yebin ah. What happened?”

 

Yebin explains everything in her mind and what happened this morning. She disclosed almost everything about Minkyung except the most important one, what she saw in Christmas. 

 

Eunwoo rubs her chin, “Ok...but let me ask one more question. Why did you, or do you, like Minkyung at the first place?”

 

“Ummm, I don’t know...she’s a full package. Visual. Music. Sports. Everything. Ergh...but I don’t think that’s the main reason. I’ve seen many people like that before, but I didn't like them.”

 

“Ok........I think it’s how she treats me and things we encountered together. She’s caring and helpful and saves me from trouble. I want to rely on her. Our episodes may not be remarkable but it stays in our, or at least, my heart. There were many different incidents and she’s there everytime.”

 

“Then why do you have to forget her, when she’s that special to you?” Eunwoo looks into Yebin’s eyes.

 

Yebin bites her lips, “Cause it hurts when knowing that she won’t be mine.”

 

Eunwoo squeezes Yebin’s cheek, ‘Nah, you listen to me. Love isn’t about making someone be mine...ergh to be precise, it’s the process but not the reason to love someone. It is to learn how to love, care and sacrifice for their happiness. To be honest, I don’t think Minkyung is happy about you avoiding her, not to mention that you have said something that harsh to her. And I don’t think you’re now happy either when avoiding her. Love is a feeling you can’t control. If it has to be there, let it be. If it hurts, this means that you really care that person. Life doesn’t always have to be happy, Yebin ah.”

 

Kyulkyung elaborates,” Eunwoo is right. If you really wanted to be her only one, you should do more but not to fear and escape from your feelings. If you decided to leave anyways, why not tell her how you feel? Confess when you really know you wanted her, at the right timing. You still haven’t confessed right? This means nothing has been confirmed. Your care can change a person’s feelings. Stop avoiding. Why not have a normal relationship with her first and see how things go on?”

 

Eunwoo raises her eyebrows. Confess when you really know you wanted her. Is there another meaning behind , Kyulkyung ah?

 

Yebin constantly nods at her friends’ advice. She’s glad and thankful that she has such friends who are willing to listen to her ty problems and give genuine advice.

 

She has made a decision.

 

Let’s not think too much, okay? Maybe a small change can help.

 

She hopes she won’t regret about it.

-------------------------------------------------------

At the back of their classroom, there are lockers for students behind 2 sliding doors. Between the 2 lockers, there’s a secret room that can allow 3 to 4 people standing and hiding in it during recess.

 

Eating and drinking are not allowed in the classroom and the usage of mobile phones are prohibited in the campus. Therefore, during recess, students hide themselves in the secret room, closes it with the sliding doors and do whatever they want.

 

Yebin is hiding behind the door, eating her hard boiled egg cooked this morning. She suddenly feels someone opening the door and walking in. It’s Minkyung. She wants to hide from prefects and use her phone in the corner. 

 

Minkyung is surprised to see someone behind the door. She is even surprised when she realises the one hiding behind the door is Yebin, who looks like a hamster with stuffed with an egg yolk.

 

Minkyung chuckles. Lmao. That’s a bit cute.   

 

She suddenly realises that there’s only the two of them in the small room. She knows Yebin doesn’t like it so she turns around and plans to open the door.

 

“Minkyung unnie.”

 

Minkyung raises her eyebrows and smirks. She turns around and see a cute figure staring on the floor, looking like a kid who’s going to confess to her mother for breaking a vase.

 

‘What’s the matter? Did I disturb you from eat...”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Minkyung raises her eyebrows.

 

“I’m sorry for being so rude that day. I didn’t mean it. I’m sorry for everything.”

 

“Everything…?”

 

“That happened this week,” she quickly added. She’s able to senses what Minkyung actually means.

 

“Please forgive me.”

 

Minkyung laughs. Her laughter is so husky. It’s been ages since Minkyung laughed so brightly.

 

“Of course, I’ll forgive you, Yebin ah. You’re Kang Yebin. I won’t be mad at you. But I want you to look at my eyes and apologize once again.”

 

Minkyung tries to grab Yebin’s chin, but Yebin shrugs and escapes from the grab. Yebin is staring at somewhere else.

 

Minkyung crouches down and moves so that she’s able to look into Yebin’s eyes. She’s doing that famous flower gesture.

 

Yebin feels her heart beating. Dammit. She’s ing cute. I can’t.

 

Yebin asks her to stand up and looks up into the tall girl’s eyes. “I’m sorry for everything that happened three days ago.”

 

Minkyung ruffles the younger one’s hair. “Okay,” she grins and leaves the corner.


And maybe those happened three years ago also?” Yebin mumbles.

 

 

 

 

 

: im back!!!!! did u guys enjoy the story;) im really bad at giving advice so i tried my best when typing eunwoo and kyulkyung's part i hope it won't sound strange:( im glad that yebin and minkyung are having a little bit improvement and there will more coming HAHAHAHAHA

subscribe, comment and vote!! give my feedbacks!!  

btw im thinking of adding a small loveline(?) for kyungwon and if i do it will be with jiaqi from snh48 7senses, do you guys want it? i found kyungwon fangirling for her cute xdddd but it will be a very short one