ch7

Thawing

As the girls are practising in Korea, Kyulkyung, in China, finally lives with her host family after living 5 days inside the school dorm.

 

Kyulkyung is walking back and forth, holding her phone. “Yahhhh, Xu JiaQi!!! What’s the password of the wifi of your house?” she shouts.

 

A tall girl walks out from her room after carrying Kyulkyung suitcase. “Oh gosh, Zhou Jieqiong, I thought you learn formalities in Korea. I’m your host family, shouldn’t you be more polite and quiet when you are in someone else’ house?”

 

“C’mon, Jiaqi. We’ve known each other for twelve years. Aren’t we close friends?” Kyulkyung pouts and pulls Jiaqi’s arms.

 

“I’m the unnie, you’re the dongsaeng and I’m the host,” she snatches the anxious girl’s phone. “And I don’t think we’re that close. You didn’t even know any of my recent updates.”

 

“Awwwww, I’m sorry. I didn’t realise that the famous blogger Kiki people talking about recently, is Qiqi, my childhood bestie. The pronunciation is different so I never thought that it’s you.”

 

“Bad excuses,” she throws back the phone to the girl. “Done.”

 

“Geez, thanks. Finally…you can take a shower first. I have to call somebody.” Kyulkyung kisses her phone.

 

“Ahhh, so that’s why you’re so urgent to get the wifi...to call ummmm…What’s the name of your girlfriend again?” Jiaqi takes out her phone and points at Kyulkyung profile picture.

 

“This is Nunu, Jung Eunwoo, but not my girlfriend. I got no girlfriend.”

 

“But….” Kyulkyung pushes Jiaqi to the bathroom. “No buts and questions. I have to call. Nunu has been waiting for days and I’m sure she is panicking right now.” Jiaqi shakes her head and closes the bathroom door.

 

At the same time, in Korea, Eunwoo is discussing her plan with Kyungwon in her house.

 

“I think I can ask Sunmi unnie when she can spare time to teach us how to make the pouch. I think that’s a good idea.” Kyungwon whatsapps Sunmi while chewing her chicken skewer. “Eunwoo yah, you can simply stop glancing at your phone or praying to whoever god or goddess that your phone will ring. I don’t think that’s helpful.”

 

“I feel that I will receive her call today.”

 

Brrrr.Brrrr. VIDEO CALL FROM MY GIRLIE<3.

 

Eunwoo rushes into her room, holding her phone with both hands. “Told yah.”

 

“Don’t talk too long. We still have some details to discuss, kay?”

 

“NUNUYAHHHHHHHHH” Kyulkyung kisses her screen. “Did you miss me?”

 

“I thought you forgot me.” Eunwoo pouts.

 

“Awwwww. I’m sorry. I’d been living in the school dorm for the past days. Mobile phones were prohibited. And guess who’s my roommate? It’s Chaeyeon! She’s quite nice and caring surprisingly. I thought she was those cool girls…”

 

They must have had a great time. Look how happy she is.

 

“We talked almost every lesson and every night. We…” Kyulkyung stares at her screen. “Nunu? Why are you pouting? Are you bored?” Kyulkyung frowns.

 

Eunwoo squeezes a smile. “Of course not. I’m just thinking something...but I’m listening! So you won’t be staying in the school dorm now?”

 

“Yah. Let’s stop talking about myself. What happened in school this days?”

 

“You missed a lot......”

 

The girls have endless topics. They are still video calling when Jiaqi finished showering(which is a long time). She hears Kyulkyung talking in a higher tone than normal, full of enthusiasm. She lies on the door frame of her room, observing her old friend while ruffling her hair with a towel.

 

Eunwoo finally spots the girl behind Kyulkyung. “Who’s that behind you?”

 

“Oh, she’s my host, Jiaqi. My childhood friend actually.”

 

“She looks familiar….”

 

“Oh, maybe you’ve seen her photos before. You know that famous fashion blogger Kiki, it’s her.”

 

“That Kiki Kyungwon unnie like? Oh gosh. I’d better tell Kyungwon unnie to come into my room then.” She jumps up, getting ready to leave the room.

 

“Kyungwon unnie is here? In your house? Why is she here?”

 

“Ohhhhh….uhhhhh….” Eunwoo doesn’t know how to answer. She has suddenly forgotten her meetup with Kyungwon, to Kyulkyung, was supposed to be a secret.

 

“You don’t have to know, Kyul. It’s nothing important.” Eunwoo scratches her head and laughs awkwardly. “I’d better ask her to come here and say hi.” Eunwoo waves at Kiki, who has walked closer to Kyulkyung’s phone, and runs away immediately.

 

Eunwoo is a terrible liar. She’s so transparent. Judging Eunwoo’s awkward reaction, Kyulkyung knows the reason why Kyungwon is in her house isn’t ‘nothing important’, but she won’t bother asking.

 

Jiaqi smirks as she throws her towel into the laundry basket. “Who is this Kyungwon actually? I’m interested in knowing a little fan of mine.”

 

“Photo or what?”

 

“Instagram.”

 

“Kyungiewonkk. Search it yourself. My phone is not available.”

 

Jiaqi starts scrolling Kyungwon’s instagram. My oh my, Jiaqi thought. This girl is hella cute and damn gorgeous.

 

“She’s so girlfriend-material and her feed is aesthetic.”

 

“Woooo...her fashion style is similar to mine.”

 

“She admires you so much. It’s not similar, it’s the same. She’s simply copying.”

 

“Following.” Jiaqi corrects Kyulkyung. “But it is perfectly normal for somebody to follow a fashion blogger, isn’t it?”

 

“As you wish.”

 

Eunwoo’s return was longer than what Kyulkyung has expected.

 

“Come on. Just come in. Don’t you miss Kyul as well?” Kyulkyung and Jiaqi, on the other side of the line, hear Eunwoo asking, or in fact, begging Kyungwon to join their conversation. Their conversation is unexpectedly loud.

 

“Yes I do miss her but you yourself know clearly that she wasn’t supposed to know I’m here. You are making me a strange person, Jung. If I go in now, it seems like I didn’t want to see her at the first place. Besides, you should get things done before I leave. You know we got lots of things to plan.”

 

“You can just say that you don’t want to bother us. Make an excuse. Do come in. You will regret if you don’t do so.”

 

“Can you just tell her that I left?”

 

Hearing the conversation, Jiaqi sees her old friend biting her lips anxiously. Her eyebrows start to frown. There are numerous thoughts in Kyulkyung’s mind, the one which comes the first is that she can’t believe that Eunwoo is hiding something.

 

“It seems like your girlfriend and her friend is hiding something.”

 

“Well, there must be a reason for them for not telling me, and I repeat, she's not my girlfriend.”

 

“You should ask.”

 

Jiaqi’s advice went silent and so did the atmosphere. Kyulkyung didn’t give any response.

 

“Jieqiong, don’t you think you need to ask about what’s going on? You look like a lost sheep in the grassland.”

 

“Nah…” Kyulkyung weakly answers. “I don’t have the right to. I’m not her girlfriend...And it was supposed to be a secret, if I ask her about it, she will feel sorry and embarrassed.”

 

“But you’re….” Jiaqi stops as she hears footsteps walking closer to the phone on the other side. She sees Eunwoo entering the room with Kyungwon following her. She pushes Kyungwon to her phone.

 

“Hi Kyulkyung! Sorry for not showing up just now. You know Eunwoo has waited your call SO DESPERATELY so I thought it would have been better for you two to talk alone…ohh!” The term ‘SO DESPERATELY’ brightens Kyulkyung a bit. She can imagine Eunwoo making a fuzz for not able to receive her call during these days.

 

Kyungwon realises somebody hiding behind Kyulkyung who she finds her figure quite familiar.

 

“Hi to the one behind Kyul. I guess you’re her host right? My name is Kyung....”

 

Jiaqi turns around, showing her face. “Kyungwon, yeah I know. My name is Jiaqi, you can call me…”

 

“Kiki?????!!!!! ZHUKYULKYUNG!” Kyungwon screames in astonishment. “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THAT YOUR HOST FAMILY IS HER?” Kyungwon squeezes her face with both of her hands. Jiaqi doesn’t like that this Kyungwon in front of her for hiding something from Kyulkyung, but she finds this girl incredibly charming and adorable. She isn’t able to hold her laughter and giggles softly.  

 

“Lol. Kyungwon ah. You don’t have to be that surprised. There’s something more: I’m her childhood friend as well! But Jieqiong doesn’t even know I’m Kiki...She’s a bad friend, right?”

 

Kyungwon snatches Eunwoo’s phone away. “Kiki Jiejie, are you serious? You knew Kyulkyung ages ago? And yes, she’s really, really bad. Unnie, you should punish her.”

 

“Like how?”

 

“I can help you with that, unnie. No worries and….eh….uh…” Kyungwon wants to talk more and tries her best to be the one talking first, but she’s nervous. The witty Kyungwon has disappeared.

 

Kyungwon does not know how to start. It’s like a little girl who doesn’t know what to do when sitting in front of her longtime crush.

 

“I really like your blog. I’m a fan of you. I really like you very much...I….”

 

“Okay okay...calm down…I like you too, Kyungwon ah. I think we can talk more.”

 

Okay. I mean we have to. We must.

 

“Can I have your number?” Kyungwon’s eyes widen with excitement.

 

Kyulkyung chips in, feeling astonished about this whole thing.

 

“Wait, that’s it?! Is that how you flirt with girls, Yuyu unnie?”

 

“Sure! I’ll ask Kyulkyung for your phone number.”

 

“Wow. Congrats Kyungwon unnie….HAHAHAHA!! You are such a successful fan.”

 

“I thought this conversation was for me and Nunu only.” Kyulkyung shakes her head. “Why has it become a fanmeet call?”

 

“Jieqiong,” she ignores Kyulkyung’s question and pats her head. “You have talked a lot with your Nunu already just now and you should go take a shower before it’s too late.”

 

Eunwoo reads the clock on her desk. “Baby, it’s getting late. You should better take a shower and unpack your things. Don’t sleep too late, okay? You’ll feel unwell if you sleep too late.”

 

“Well...okay.” Kyulkyung doesn’t want to end the call but hearing Eunwoo’s voice and her remarks makes her smiles sweetly even though Kyulkyung is still thinking about Eunwoo and Kyungwon’s secret.”

 

“Kiki unnie! Remember to find me!” Kyungwon screams at the back.

 

“Of course I will. I will ask Jieqiong for your phone once she finishes showering.”

 

Kyulkyung is the one to cut the line first. She stares at Jiaqi. “I’m not going to the bathroom yet.”

 

“Like why?”

 

“You told me this morning that you are being careful when communicating with people, especially those who only wants to know about Kiki but not Xu Jiaqi. And now..? You are giving your phone to a crazy fan like there’s no big deal.”

 

“Your friends are exceptional, especially interesting, cute girls like Kyungwon.” Jiaqi finally releases a sweet, wide smile which she had been holding on during the whole conversation.

 

Kyulkyung sighs and shakes her head.

 

“Jieqiong, how is Yuyu like in person?”

 

“A bit clumsy, not as serious as Eunwoo though. She has lots of facial expression and she sometimes overreact at stuff.”

 

“I can relate from what I saw just now. She’s really cute and beautiful and hahaha energetic. I want to squish her face so hard.If I were a boy, I will really date someone like her.” Jiaqi pouts.

 

“Oh, but if you WERE a boy, you won’t have the chance.” Jiaqi looks at Kyulkyung and blinks. “She likes girls. You can simply date her now. She’ll be very pleased.” She walks to the bathroom. “How is it to be on cloud 9 after knowing such splendid news, Xu Jiaqi?”

 

“I’m not!”

 

“You sure? Xu Jiaqi? You’re blushing real hard. I may not know any about your updates but I still know you well.”

 

Kyulkyung smirks and closes the bathroom door.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Another day of practice. Chungha is working with Yebin and Minkyung about their dance break.

 

“You get me right? Now...1 2 3 4 5 and a 6 7 and 8! Exactly! That’s it!” She reads the clock on the wall, “Woah, great progress. You two really work well with each other. Your steps are on point and are neat.”

 

“Chungha ssaem, you should have expected that from the cutest duo in the world.” Eunwoo enters the dance room after having her extra classes.

 

“Even their mistakes were the same when they started dancing.”

 

“Awwwwww. How sweet!”

 

“Jung Eunwoo, you better shut up.” Yebin looks up after putting down her water bottle.

 

“And you should better take Kyungwon away. She has been staying there, like that, since we were stretching.” Minkyung added, pointing towards the corner where Kyungwon is.

 

“With that creepy smile on her face?”

 

“Yes. I never see Kyungwon being like that. Like so in love.” Minkyung shakes her head.

 

“This is her brightest smile I have seen in my lifetime. She won’t even smile like that when Mom cooks her favourite dish…EWWWWWWW Is that even my sister?”

 

“How can you compare love with food…”

 

“I've never thought that there’s something more important than food in her life.”

 

“Agreed.” Yebin smiles in victory at Eunwoo.

 

“Yah! You two!!”

 

“You shouldn’t have doubt anything said by her sister, especially when her bestie won’t be supporting you.” Chungha picks up her bag, “Are you heading to Sunmi’s place now? I can drive you there.”

 

“Oh greatttttt! We can have more time!” Eunwoo walks to the corner, taking off Kyungwon’s earphone. “Unnie, let’s go. We’re wasting our time. You know Sunmi-nim is also having a busy schedule tonight.”

 

Kyungwon doesn’t seem to hear it at all.

 

“HHH WE GOTTA GOOOOOOOOO. WE’RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!”

 

“HHH CAN YOU JUST WAIT?! CAN’T YOU SEE I’M REPLYING? AND HOW DARE YOU CALLING SOMEONE A YEAR OLDER THAN YOU A HHH.”

 

“Okay sorry. But at least it worked. You heard me….Chungha unnie is driving us. We shouldn’t keep her from waiting…”

 

“Okay okay, just a sec…Kiki unnie….we have say byebye for now…Eunwoo and I are heading to make Kyulkyung’s gift for now…”

 

“Oh . Did Kang Kyungwon just aegyo-ed?”

 

“Yebin ah...I want to say no but I can’t.”

 

It was Eunwoo’s squeal that brought the two of them back to reality.

 

“Wait...unnie?! You told Kiki all about it?!”

 

“Yeah, why not? I guess I shouldn’t hide things from my love.”

 

“What...what?! My LOVE…?????” Yebin holds Minkyung’ sleeve.

 

“I’m having goosebumps.” Minkyung holds Yebin’s hand.

 

“Are you sure that’s a good idea, unnie? What if Kiki spills our plans out?”

 

“I’m sure she won’t. I believe in her. Besides...it was better for me to tell her because…”

 

“Because..?”

 

“She told me they overheard our conversation when you were dragging me to your room that day. She asked me to explain because um...Kyulkyung wants to know but she won’t be asking and so she took up the job.”

 

Eunwoo sighs heavily. “Like I really don’t hide things from Kyul but this has to be an exception.”

 

“Yah I know. It’s okay, at least Kiki is now with us and she will be helping us checking Kyul out.”

 

“Is she a spy or what?”

 

Kyungwon leaves wicked smile on her face. “Your spy and My Agent J.” Kyungwon stands up and rushes to the door. “I thought somebody said that we’re in a hurry?”

 

Eunwoo smiles and follows. “Hey! Wait for me!”

 

The girls left, leaving Minkyung and Yaebin standing like two rock statues in the room, still in immense shock on the falling-in-love-Kyungwon.

 

“Unnie...do you think we still have the mood to practise?”

 

“Ugh..No...Let’s go have some ice cream before we continue practising just to refresh our mind. Shall we?”

 

They were finally alone, and at the end they did more talking than dancing.

 

Time travelling in fact, those time with each other and also those without. Minkyung is glad that her relationship with Yebin is getting back on track.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

: finallly an update! i was quite stuck and wasn't able to continue writing even i have ideas in mind...i just dont know how to link them together. i'm sorry for not updating in the past months i really have lots of schoolwrok to do and since it was assessment weeks last few months i really didn't have time updating it im really sorry....i hope i can update another chapter in the upcoming weeks but im not sure when it will be im sorry;( pls forgive me! and i would like to thankyou all for still reading my story even im not updating. i've still gain subscribers which surprises me<3 

 

and yes and introduction of Jiaqi! i heard from somebody that Kyulkyung and Jiaqi is from the same hometown so i made up this setting where Jiaqi and Kyulkyung are childhood friends! I also called Kyulkyung to Jieqiong because it is the chinese pronunciation of her name and it would made more sense if Jiaqi calls her Jieqiong! and of course! it is great to see yebin and minkyung having a better relationship! please stay tuned!

 

Comment, like and subscribe! love you all<#