June (part1)

The 12th Month
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Hoseok lead Jimin, more naturally this time despite having their hands still together.[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]“He will need to take this medecine during the lunch time. Don’t let him run too much; he can get excited but it’s not a good thing for his body. Never leave him alone… Oh! And go back before 7pm! I couldn’t reschedule his appointment, so you will have to deal with it…. Ok, Hoseok? You retained everything? I can have faith in you?”

Hoseok nodded but he didn’t know if he could take care of Jimin like Clara had ask him to do. It was the 13rd June and the sun hadn’t been set up yet. Hoseok was in the corridor with Clara speaking about the details of the day trip. He had asked the day of his last exam, if he could bring Jimin with him at Incheon. The weather was good, and beaches were not all invaded by tourist yet. Clara had first frowned but gave her approval, after telling the doctor about it.

“They said to be really careful with him… and to have fun!!” she had announced him a smile on her face. Hoseok shared the same happy feeling and started planning the trip without Jimin knowing it.

 

“We go by train?” They were surrounded by salarymen and if Hoseok wasn’t tightly grabbing Jimin’s arm, he would have surely lost him. “Yes! You will see; you will love it.” Hoseok lifted his head and saw what he was searching for “Incheon Airport: turn left and take the stairs.” He was carrying his bag which made him difficult to tell Jimin what to do. In a moment of adrenaline, he leaved his arm for his hand. He did hear Jimin letting a surprised breath, and was about to pull out his hand when Jimin squeezed it. A small smile formed on his face and here they were, trying to make their path through the crowd. They safely arrived at the platform and wait for ten minutes, never leaving their hands together. None of them spoke, too conscious about their hands.

 

“Can we sit here please?” The train was full, but he remembered how Clara was serious about Jimin’s health. The priority place was taken by some teenagers and Hoseok felt his blood boiling. They didn’t have the intention to change of place but letting Jimin standing for almost an hour wasn’t in his option. He was about to speak when Jimin spoke to them “Excuse me but” he showed his card, “I’m blind and my body can’t take to stand for long trip... I’m really sorry but can I sit here please?” The two teenagers sighed and rolled their eyes. Hoseok glared at them and they quickly disappeared from his sight. Jimin and an old woman sat down, Hoseok staying standing up in front of him.

“Were do you go?” asked the old woman. Noticing that Hoseok didn’t answer right away; he knew that he had put on his headphone. Mingjae told him that when he was upset, he would immediately put his headphone on and made a funny face. He tried to describe how Hoseok face was: a mouth where both line’s extremity was down. “We go to Incheon.” answered Jimin with enough strength for her to listen.

“Ohhh.” she said a little surprised. She then started to tell her life, how she will take for the first time the plane in a few hours, to see her grandson in the United States. “My son married a foreign girl and now I will visit them... Did you already travel there?” Jimin thought and no he had never traveled outside Korea; his state didn’t allow him and when he could have traveled, he had no one to travel with. His parents were working and Clara, despite being with him almost every time, had a boyfriend. Miss Estelle was too busy now and for his best-friends, well he was sure to be the last person they wanted to travel with. So, no he never traveled and felt her stare on his face, waiting for an answer; he chose to tell the truth “No, I’ve never traveled. My conditions didn’t allow me to travel either abroad or in Korea and…” he took a shaky breath, “I don’t think that I will ever travel.”

He felt the old woman’s hand on his hands and she spoke “Don’t say that. You are already traveling. The moment you leave your bed, you’re going on trip. I can clearly see the World, but you’re blind which allow you to create a new World at each trip. I’m jealous.”

Jealous??

“One of my friend was always joyful. He could see things that I couldn’t… You will understand with the time,” with this sentence she got up and leaved the train. Hoseok bended down and spoke to him “Did she wanted something specific? I got my headphone on and noticed way to late that you were speaking with her.” Jimin shook his head and reassured him that she wanted nothing except company. The trip stayed calm and soon they were at Incheon.

 

Hoseok lead Jimin, more naturally this time despite having their hands still together, toward the exit.

“Are we exit 7?” asked Jimin a little nervous. Hoseok had planned to walk until a beach. By walking he meant taking a bus or something. It was better by car but, at the last minute, Clara told him to cancel and to “wait”. He had waited and now he was without any option than taking a bus. Suddenly, a guy in black suit came toward them and asked them their identity. “Are you Park Jimin and Jung Hoseok?” Jimin happily nodded and Hoseok stayed still. “Follow me please. The car is waiting for you.” Hoseok widened his eyes. A car?? He followed the man and a black car, which surely cost half of his apartment, was waiting for them.

“Surprise!!!” screamed Jimin. While the man was talking their belonging, Jimin happily bounced near him. “I’ll explain it to you soon.” he said after giggling.

In the car, Jimin revealed him that he wanted to make a surprise for him. He wanted to thank him for staying with him despite being sick. Hoseok listened to him, slowly being touched by his kindness. In this car, Jimin was speaking, giggling, smiling and sometime blushing, while Hoseok was falling, falling, falling in love.

 

~~

 

“Wow, it’s beautiful Jimin… You already went here?” They had arrived at the beach at 12am. Jimin was looking at the horizon and answered “No, but a good friend went and told me that you will appreciate it.”

“Tell your friend that he knows me well and I would like to see him.” Jimin smiled and spoke “You already know him but…”

Please log in to read the full chapter