October

The 12th Month
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]“I see you too, Jimin.”[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]He woke up at 10 am and whined. His smartphone had rung but he knew it wasn’t important. He rolled on his bed and faced his windows. Fog was all over the city and nothing could save him from freezing the moment he will go home for his course.

I should buy warmer clothes before I die here.

He stood up and take his breakfast on his room, too afraid to face the coldness in the shared kitchen. He read the news on his smartphone and saw the dates of the day with a notification on the high part of it.

“Reminder to Kim Taehyung: Jimin party is 9th October. 3th floor. Ask the nurse for the number of his room.”

He finished his breakfast and took a quick shower. He leaved his room and went out. There, he adjusted his glasses and took the elevator. At the entrance a man was waiting for him and opened the door for him. “Th-Thank you.” He entered in the car and told the directions to the driver.

Taehyung had recently got engaged by a big house of modeling in Korea. When he entered in the university in Busan, he had already got contacted. He first declined the offer and talked with his parents who angrily told him to call back and to accept it. A few weeks after his files got transferred to Jungkook’s university but it was made too quickly for Taehyung. Everything had been rushed which lead to lose of files and late. But now, looking at the windows’ car, he was in Seoul, currently buying a gift for his long-lost best friend. He was afraid about their encounter; will they share the same sentiment? After seeing Jimin performing and somehow screaming across the theater, he hadn’t seen him. He hadn’t been allowed to go to the backstage; plus, he had an evening meeting with some high CEO who wanted him to embody their clothes brands.

After the meeting, which conclude with a contract, another one to add at his effective, he had asked Yoongi about Jimin and what was up for his birthday. He learned that a party had already been done with his friend, but he still had one with his close family, one day before his actually birthday. Taehyung found it weird and continued his questioning. Yoongi answered him but this time he could sense that he was uncomfortable. He revealed that Jimin was maybe gloomy, that his state wasn’t good at all and he tended to think a lot. Taehyung understood and didn’t pushed further the conversation.

“Mister Kim, you arrived at Myeongdong.” Taehyung snapped back and recognized the huge buildings that Jungkook described him often through their night talk. “Thank you...” he switched his head to the rear-view mirror and noticed the badge “… Chan Woo.” The driver smiled to him and cut the contact of the car.

 

Arrived at the 5th floor of a big mall, Taehyung got welcomed by a man in suit. He leaded him inside the shop and placed him in a private room. He was surrounded by mirrors and scent from expensive perfume. He liked this environment and watched his reflect on the mirror. He was proud to have become who he was. He was living in a dorm, but he could support his family and mostly buy everything that he wanted in clothes. With his close friend Jungkook, Seoul seemed less frightening than he thought.

“Here your box, mister Kim.” The same man had come back with a huge box neatly closed with ribbon. He kindly asked if the box could be opened and the man nodded with a smile. While he was opening, he felt his heart racing.

Will Jimin like it? Does he even want to see me? Did I do the right choice?

“Wow….” his thought got cut when he saw the slightly sparkling leather. He touched the product, feeling the soft fabric under his long fingers and nodded. “I like it!!” The man thanked him and closed the box like if it never been opened. He put it in a big bag and leaded him to the cashier. The price could pay his rent for this whole year and Taehyung internally laughed. Done, the cashier gave him back his bag and escorted him until the exit. “Good bye and have a nice trip, mister Kim.”

 

In the car, he watched his watch and saw that it was already 3 pm. Before coming to the car, he had visited other shops and eventually got lost in a mall. He didn’t remember when he had entered it and was searching the exit. He eventually called his driver when he got tired to turn around and waited for him to pick up.

 

“Hm... Chan Woo?” asked Taehyung. They were far away from home and his stomach was starting to hurt a little. “Yes, mister Kim?” responded the driver without letting his eyes leaving the road.

“Hm… Aren’t you hungry?” He knew that he sounded like a child, but he really wanted to eat. He had a weight to respect, but some session of workout could help him to lost what he would have taken.

“Are you hungry, mister?” asked the driver with a slight smirk.

“Yes! Chan Woo?” declared Taehyung while watching at the rear-view mirror.

“Yes, mister Kim?” There, they made an eye contact. It was quick, but it has been present. He took his courage and voiced his thought. “You can call me Taehyung, it’s fine with me.” He was now waiting for an answer or anything, but ten seconds had passed, and Taehyung was already losing his mind.

“All right, Taehyung,” responded Chan Woo and Taehyung showed him a restaurant that he wanted to try since he came in Seoul but never really did have the time. Coming to Seoul was a great idea and he didn’t regret that.

 

~~

 

He heard a knock at his door and sighted. He was slightly back at his homework. Being a good dancer wasn’t enough, now he need to be good at painting too. He had taken the course for fun but quickly mastered the beginning course which lead him to be sent to the intermediate level. Sometimes, Jungkook wondered why he needed to be good at things that he never touched in his whole life.

He got up and opened the door. He saw a happy Taehyung wearing clothes that could pay his grocery course for more than four months and wondered if he knew how to read price tag. He let him enter and noticed a big box.

“What did you buy again?” he asked going to the kitchen getting him tea for both. Taehyung didn’t answer until Jungkook came back in the living room with the drinks. He waited for the answer, pressuring with his stare and Taehyung finally faced him. He looked determined which surprised Jungkook and slightly made him uncomfortable. He was about to ask what was the problem when Taehyung spoke. “It’s for Jimin’s birthday. He has a party right now… You don’t have anything to do today, right?”

Jungkook gulped and got his mouth dry. He knew what Taehyung was asking and he wasn’t ready yet.

“I’m not ready-”. Taehyung cut him and questioned him with a stern voice, “Then when? When he will be dea-”

“Don’t say it!!!” screamed Jungkook. He saw that Taehyung got surprised, and quickly apologized to him. Everyone reminded him that times was flying, as fast as Jimin was losing strength, and he just felt trapped. He noticed how he snapped when someone was talking about Jimin. He was angry, troubled, and truly clueless about what he should do.

Just go see him.

Many time he had this thought popping up in his mind at early hours.

I’ll see him today.

He stopped counting the day, he was ready to see him and stopped at the door for minutes then hours; before simply crying on the floor. He felt powerless, and no one could understand how much he was fighting against himself.

“Anyway…. Thanks for the tea, Jungkook. You know that I love you and…” Taehyung looked heavy-hearted and for the first time Jungkook felt that he looked resigned “Take care of you.” Taehyung left with this last sentence and Jungkook never felt this alone in his life than right now. He started at the drinks on his table and cleaned it. He then wiped the table and put the sponge in the sink. He came back in his room and continued his painting. After few brushstrokes, his vision became blurry.

Fck…

He wiped his tears, but they were falling without stopping. He decided to put his smartphone on playlist shuffle except that the music who came, made him cry harder. He put his brush down and sniffled while watching his works. His semi closed eyes, porcelain skin and his smile showing his crock teeth; Jungkook would never have imagined how Jimin would have changed with the years. Nor that the first time he will see him will be on the newspapers praising his skills in piano and the fact that he was retiring from classical music’s world.

 

~~

 

“Hello, I’m searching for Park Jimin’s room?” The nurse watched him suspiciously and eyed his bag. “Fans can’t see him. Only close family and friend,” harshly responded the nurse. With the newspaper, he must have thought that some fans would try to see him. He chewed on his lips and didn’t give up.

“Listen, my name is Kim Taehyung and… Look the bag is for his birthday I mean it’s tomorrow, but his party is today, and I just need to know his room.” The nurse seemed taken aback and didn’t answered. Taehyung thought that she would have finally gave him the room. Instead she took a telephone and called someone.

“Wait here please.” Taehyung nodded at her authoritative request and waited whoever was supposed to come. A few minutes a

Please log in to read the full chapter