March

The 12th Month
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]“You look different depends of the cloth. Same for the music.”[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Chirping and sun was warming his cold body. Slowly, he moved his hands and felt a sharp pain in his fingers. Jimin sighted and wait for his fingers to go back to normal. His accident had injured more than his eyes. His whole body had tiny injuries, from his finger to his eyes. His brain didn’t have any sequel, but the rest of his body was frail and weak. As well as his heart.

“Jimin? Your medicine is here.”

Jimin had to take a cocktail of pills each morning. Blue, red, green, he had fun to imagine their color now. From the weight on his hands, he got more pills each month, following the strict order from his Doctor. The taste was awful and harshly coming in his empty stomach. Eating wasn’t something that Jimin was found of. Not that he wanted to lose weight, but his body couldn’t take it. Eating was a hardship that he knew he had already lose years ago. Liquids and fruits was his constant meal. They tried their best to change the taste, but fruits are still fruits. No matter what you do to change it, the person starts to slowly get bored with it and so does Jimin.

“Clara… Do you think that I can have a meal today? I mean… A real meal.”

Clara became silent. She stopped cleaning the cup that Jimin drank a few minutes ago and thought. She would be the happiest person in the World if he could have a simply meal. It was part of the normal things that Jimin couldn’t do and it was breaking her heart. She was afraid of the answer of this question too. Since he wanted to be independent, Jimin took a lot of liberty. But this was leaded by the Doctor. He thought that he could do whatever he wanted now, but he was closely watched. First, he was still living in the hospital. Jimin didn’t mind it which made their work easier. But the day, he would like to go; Clara was still not ready about this day. She doesn’t know what reaction he will have when the Doctor will force him to stay against his will.

“I will ask them…”

Jimin stood still in his bed and wait. He had nothing to do and was already thinking about the next day. Hoseok didn’t visit him since last time which was a month ago. He didn’t receive any text message neither. His journey became as bored as before. The day he woke up from his fainting, he noticed a presence next to him. At his left, was Clara sitting reading a magazine. She loved fashion magazine and asked her one day what she found it so interesting in it. She explained to him that clothes were like music. At this, he laughed, and Clara cleared trying to arrange her messy mind.

"You look different depends of the cloth. Same for the music. According of the music, you don't feel the same sentiments." Jimin never had laughed as loud as this moment. He understood her mind but the comparison between music and cloth was too abnormal to make an obvious link. Only years of friendship made him able to understand her messy and sometime unclear thought. She always said that one sentence who will enlighten his whole day. He softly smiled and hoped that one day, he will be strong enough to voice all his love and gratitude toward her.

“Here is your meal.”

“Thank you, Cla- Hoseok ??” Jimin had lifted his head in surprise. He was either having hallucination which was possible with all the medicine he had taken for the past few days; or Hoseok was simply present in his bedroom. He heard Hoseok dropping his jacket where Clara was sat before leaving. Jimin noticed his heart beat rising and pried for not blushing in front of him. He was stoic when Hoseok suddenly bring the chair closer to his bed. The metal was touching his mattress and Jimin gulped.

“One of my friend cooked for me and… I came.” Hoseok was sat near him, his arm touching Jimin’s cloth. He was surely wearing a long-sleeved shirt and had rolled up his sleeves. For his health, Jimin’s room had six degrees above the outside temperature during winter period; but Hoseok never complained about that. He immediately got used to it and even sometime made some joke about it. He soon noticed the delicious smell invading the room. Kimchi, rice, and meat; Jimin couldn’t ask for more and while Hoseok was talking about his talented friend in cooking, he tried to reach the plate. It was on his lap and the temptation was too big to wait any more minutes.

“Wait!” Hoseok had put his hands over Jimin’s. During these few seconds, he noticed how his hands were soft and warm. If he could, he would like Hoseok to never let go of his hands. He felt safe and somewhat reassured. His future and the fact that his wish was currently turning real; it didn’t sound frightened anymore.

“You need to take that before. This way, you will not vomit your meal.” said Hoseok while giving him a pill. This one was quite heavy and Jimin couldn’t recognize which one was

Please log in to read the full chapter