December

The 12th Month
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]He didn’t want to leave him, not now or never.[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]“You want to drop school?”

“No! I’m asking for a… Hm… A small vacation? from 25th to 31th.”

Hoseok was currently in the office room. He had thought about the best solution and the one he was currently asking was what he wanted the most. He saw his principal taking his head on his hand and sighing. If it didn’t work, he wouldn’t be able to spend these precious days with Jimin.

Since he left Jimin after their deep talk, each minute were dedicated to him. He stopped hanging out as often as before. He still worked on his performance with the group but asked to decrease his presence. He could feel that he was popular still, he wanted to share his light as well. That’s why he announced them to be in hiatus for the last week of December. He gave further explanations to the leader of the group and obtained his approval.

Hoseok lifted his head that he was keeping low and encountered his principal stare.

“Promise me to not drop school. I prefer that you take a long hiatus than dropping it.” Hoseok vigorously shook his head. He never had the intention of dropping it. He put so much effort to his dream than dropping had never crossed his mind.

“I promise.”

 

~

 

“Hoseok to Earth, are you there with me?” Hoseok snapped back and saw a worried Jin in front of him. They were currently in Jin’s apartment, boxes of his stuff on a room and bag in the living room. His departure to his big trip was soon.

“When will you go?” asked Hoseok with a smile.

“How rude! I told you next month. I just don’t know the date yet.” responded Jin with a hurt expression. Hoseok apologized and took silently a gulp from his tea.

“Hey, I was joking… Are you, all right?” Jin’s hand on his shoulder didn’t make him feel better. He felt numb and powerless. Days were passing and the only thing that kept him happy during these month were leaving. A constant dance with contradictive thoughts were running in his mind.

“Sincerely Jin…. I don’t know how I’m feeling.” Jin watched him with sad eyes at his answer and sat next to him. He his back, Hoseok relaxing at the touch. Maybe he just needed this: a physical contact. Jin seemed to understand and put him in a tight hug.

This day, Hoseok didn’t come back home and had as project to sleep at Jin’s apartment. Jin still needed to work but he called Namjoon for explaining the situation.

“You have his number now?” Jin froze and shifted uncomfortably. “It’s more convenient for work,” he answered rather quickly. Hoseok wasn’t convince at all but let it go.

“I’m happy for you, Hyung.” Jin smiled and thanked him. He took the cup and disappeared in the kitchen. Hoseok lifted his body and went to the bathroom. His face looked awful and he had to wait days before seeing Jimin. His family all took vacation from work to take care of him, only the last week was available. It reminded him that his mother tried to take contact with him. Only Jay knew about this and he didn’t know if telling to Jin was a good choice.

“You should answer her calls,” wasn’t the answer that he expected from Jay.

He wiped his face and went back in the living room to see Jin on the couch. He was looking at a map with cross and lines written in it. He placed his head above Jin’s shoulder and the older jumped a little surprised.

“Did you forget that I was here?” asked Hoseok giggling. Jin brushed it off and get back on what was his itinerary, he supposed. He saw many cities that he knew by names and what could be found there. His eyes stopped at a city and his heart skipped a beat “Busan.”

“Hyung… Can I go sleep now please?” Jin nodded his head, not lifting his stare from the map and Hoseok left. He went to the bedroom and closed the curtain, blocking the moon’s light. He used the lamp of the room temporary, searching for a pyjamas in Jin’s placard. He found one in his taste and put him before switching off the light. He was too exhausted to take a shower and fall on the bed rather loudly. His smartphone on his face, the last thing that he saw before sleeping was Jimin’s smile and the date of the day: 17th December.

 

~~

 

When he opened his eyes, he wasn’t expecting to see whiteness in front of him. He switched on his smartphone and saw the date of the day: 25th December.

Jungkook growled under his warm duvet and rubbed his face. He finally stood up from his bed after a few minutes struggling to not sleeping again and went to the bathroom. His belly full and his body relaxed, he called his mom while packing his luggage.

“I heard it had snowed in Seoul, will it be ok??” asked his mother surely more worried than she should.

“Yeah mom, don’t worry. Don’t forget I take night train, so everything will be fine!” he responded with a cheerful voice.

They continued to speak and Jungkook ended the call after his mother started to seriously stress him as well. He put is smartphone on silence mode and concentrated on his task: packing his clothes.

 

He wiped a sweat from his forehead and looked up at the watch: 3pm. Jungkook looked around him and saw that he had literally cleaned his small bedroom and lost himself in it. He got up and felt light head.

I forgot to eat… Again.

He went in the kitchen and saw that nothing was left in the fridge. He sighted and thought of a pizza. His coach will surely make him more pushes but right now it wasn’t his premier concern. He took his smartphone which was left on the table of living room all this time and saw the messages from Hoseok.

 

[Hoseok]

Are you awake? 9:11am.

 

Don’t ignore me, or hyung will not take care of you anymore. 9:24am.

 

I need your help. A sort of delivery ahah. Call me when you read this message. 10:01am.

 

Jungkook wondered what was the delivery and called right away. After the second bip, Jungkook heard Hoseok’s voice who seemed angry.

“You brat.”

“Hello Hyung.” Jungkook heard him sighted and he giggled.

“What’s funny? I thought that something happened… Anyway, could you go to the hospital for me?”

“Hospital? Did you get hurt?” It wouldn’t be the first time that Hoseok got hurt. But never he went to hospital. Jungkook knew how much he hated this place.

“No, it’s an old injury that needs to be checked sometime, but I can’t go right now. Just give the files to the nurse and it will be fine.”

Jungkook stood quiet and, walked to his windows. Snow was all over the place and he really didn’t want to go outside right now. He could do literally everything for Hoseok but fighting the cold? It was something above his strength.

“Can’t you just shift the appointment?” he asked with a whiny voice.

“You still ask questions after ALL THE THINGS I have done for you?” answered Hoseok with a hurt voice. He knew that he was joking and Jungkook scoffed.

“Yeah, you’re right sorry.” Jungkook hang up and wait for Hoseok to give his position. A few minutes after, he received a notification and saw that he was five minutes from his apartment.

He took his gloves, scarf, bonnet, basically his survival outfit, and left his apartment.

He walked on the snow, frozen until his bones, wondering why he had accepted. Soon, he was at the shop where Hoseok was supposed to be. He entered in it and saw him texting to someone.

“Hyung!” Jungkook waved at him and went to see him. Hoseok put him in a hug and give him a ramen box with a drink. Jungkook risen his eyebrow surprised and Hoseok pushed him in a chair “I know that you didn’t eat. I’ve noticed this with you, while you are concentrated on something, you forgot the time.”

The fact that he didn’t answer his message for a long time, had made him worried thoug

Please log in to read the full chapter